Mother/Daughter Christmas 2012 at the Grand Floridian PTR

Yeah the support group part is nice. I know the feeling with changing plans! Have been planning next year for a year and already my graduation moved, not sure what's going on with our jobs/what state we'll be living in when we leave (trying to leave the airfare easy and connectable), the resorts we're staying in and stateroom sizes have changed, along with how we're paying for it ... found some good deals though (we're getting free airfare from signing up for the Southwest Visa). I usually like my plans a little more stable than this but life happens! Still waiting to see whether part of our group is coming for the second week or not, what happens with DBF's employment situation ... eesh. Hoping things will settle down by the time we make our ADRs in 6 months! :rotfl:
Its great that you're taking all your girls though. We have a singleton so all our time is his, but it seems like if you have more than one, leaving one or two behind would be really difficult!

Thank you for understanding about the changing of plans! It IS life! I'm so so so happy though, as this is a GREAT change. I didn't want to feel like I'm pushing something onto my older daughters...as everyone thinks/knows Disney is clearly MY thing. I am elated that they have had a change of heart...A. just to have them with us and B. that Disney holds a special place in their hearts. :love:
Planning this far out really does result in inevitable change due to finances, schedules, etc. What kind of deals will there be? That is the big question...that may have had a HUGE effect on our trip...but, with four of us going, rather than two...it will most definately mean POR and not GF...and that is just fine as we LOVE POR.:cloud9: Would love to hear more about the Southwest Visa!!!popcorn::

SOOOOO...they changing of plans continues! This is a GREAT change!!! My older two DD have decided they can't miss out. I am so happy they are going to be joining us. A. Because I now, don't feel like I am dragging them along unwillingly, to somewhere they have already been many times and missing school, activities, etc. B. WDW holds a special place in their hearts.:cloud9: With four of going now, rather than two...I have to say that the GF is most likely not in the cards. We'll most likely have to plan on POR...and that is just fine...we LOVE POR!!!:love: However, we can stay more days...IMO that is great...the more Disney, the better. However, that will mean more time off from work, more missed school/sports. So, when plotting my work days onto a calendar, and those being every other weekend, the dates of the trip need to change. So, the trip is now being planned for 12/5-12/12/11...one year from today, we'll be on our way home.
The other BIG shift in plans is due to DVC at the GF!!!:banana: I have said since 2009 when we first listened to the DVC guy..."sorry but, if I buy DVC I would never be able to consider a stay at the GF....if a DVC were ever to open there...I'd be the first in line!" And guess what??? It's now a reality!!!!!!!:cheer2: So, chances are...we may become DVC members on this 2012 trip! So, I'd rather save our pennies for this trip...on that!

Hi there! So happy to see that you're planning another trip and that your two oldest girls really want to join you after all! Wherever you stay you know you'll enjoy it but hopefully you can get a discount and stay at the GF again! Gotta love the GF!! We were thinking of going again in Dec 2012 but after our last trip, we're thinking of skipping next year. We want to give our daughter a little more time to grow up, she turned 2 right before our Oct trip and she was a nightmare! We actually had another trip planned for this Dec (today would be our first full day) but cancelled that one real quick once we got home! I'll be here enjoying your planning over the next year!

SOOOOO...they changing of plans continues! This is a GREAT change!!! My older two DD have decided they can't miss out. I am so happy they are going to be joining us. A. Because I now, don't feel like I am dragging them along unwillingly, to somewhere they have already been many times and missing school, activities, etc. B. WDW holds a special place in their hearts.:cloud9: With four of going now, rather than two...I have to say that the GF is most likely not in the cards. We'll most likely have to plan on POR...and that is just fine...we LOVE POR!!!:love: However, we can stay more days...IMO that is great...the more Disney, the better. However, that will mean more time off from work, more missed school/sports. So, when plotting my work days onto a calendar, and those being every other weekend, the dates of the trip need to change. So, the trip is now being planned for 12/5-12/12/11...one year from today, we'll be on our way home.
The other BIG shift in plans is due to DVC at the GF!!!:banana: I have said since 2009 when we first listened to the DVC guy..."sorry but, if I buy DVC I would never be able to consider a stay at the GF....if a DVC were ever to open there...I'd be the first in line!" And guess what??? It's now a reality!!!!!!!:cheer2: So, chances are...we may become DVC members on this 2012 trip! So, I'd rather save our pennies for this trip...on that!

Loving the changes!!:cheer2: And as you know, I think it's FABULOUS that you may get to buy into DVC at GF! :yay: Sooooo stinking exciting! :yay:

And love the dates, that's such a magical week! Will you go to MVMCP?:santa: I think it's the perfect time of year to go, the decorations, the music, the smells and Disney!:love: It doesn't get any better!

Hi there! So happy to see that you're planning another trip and that your two oldest girls really want to join you after all! Wherever you stay you know you'll enjoy it but hopefully you can get a discount and stay at the GF again! Gotta love the GF!! We were thinking of going again in Dec 2012 but after our last trip, we're thinking of skipping next year. We want to give our daughter a little more time to grow up, she turned 2 right before our Oct trip and she was a nightmare! We actually had another trip planned for this Dec (today would be our first full day) but cancelled that one real quick once we got home! I'll be here enjoying your planning over the next year!

Hi Melissa, I hope you are well. Time flies....can't believe your daughter is 2!!:lovestruc That is a fun age...maybe not so fun, at Disney though. Some kids, at that age get so overstimulated when they're away from home...it does become a nightmare. My middle DD was that way, when we were away at that age...she would cry...and SCREAM:scared1: and there was just no consoling her. I'm sure it will be shortlived...I'm sure a year will make a huge difference. How great to grow up with a DVC membership! What will your 2012 dates be? Looking so forward to another year of planning, together.

Loving the changes!!:cheer2: And as you know, I think it's FABULOUS that you may get to buy into DVC at GF! :yay: Sooooo stinking exciting! :yay:

And love the dates, that's such a magical week! Will you go to MVMCP?:santa: I think it's the perfect time of year to go, the decorations, the music, the smells and Disney!:love: It doesn't get any better!

Isn't this the GREATEST!!!:cheer2:So happy they have had a change of heart. They even talk someday about getting married there...because it has so much meaning to them. Ahhhh...I've raised them well!:cloud9:lol If that is the plan...won't we NEED DVC at the GF?!? :rotfl:
I actually don't feel like I can go any other time of year...I've made myself spoiled! And NOW Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas without a WDW trip...what have I done to myself?!?!? The smells are actually one of my favorite parts of it all. Yes, we will most definately do the MVMCP!

OK...so another change...just a small one, though. After looking at my days off, it will make more sense to go from Tuesday to Tuesday...not Wednesday to Wednesday. So, I'm thinking about changing my dates to 12/4-12/11...just a one day difference. A deal however, is what will seal any dates...bounceback, codes, pins, etc...just waiting....................popcorn::

OK...so another change...just a small one, though. After looking at my days off, it will make more sense to go from Tuesday to Tuesday...not Wednesday to Wednesday. So, I'm thinking about changing my dates to 12/4-12/11...just a one day difference. A deal however, is what will seal any dates...bounceback, codes, pins, etc...just waiting....................popcorn::

Sounds good and maybe a bit quieter too being the beginning of the week, too, you konw? And only one weekend.

Hoping you get a pin/code/fabulous discount! Fingers crossed!!!:goodvibes

Everyday I check my ticker...so excited to see 10 months!!!:cheer2: Getting CLOOOOOOOOOOSER.............
I talked to a DVC CM about Aulani...in order to get my $40 GC. I asked about the GF DVC and he said it would probably not be available to purchase until 2013...he said it didn't look promising that it would go on sale by the time we go in December. :sad1: BUT...that we really would be first on the list, and that he will call me with any news that becomes available in the meantime. For now just waiting for a code/pin...anything that will give us a great deal...334 days away!!!

Everyday I check my ticker...so excited to see 10 months!!!:cheer2: Getting CLOOOOOOOOOOSER.............
I talked to a DVC CM about Aulani...in order to get my $40 GC. I asked about the GF DVC and he said it would probably not be available to purchase until 2013...he said it didn't look promising that it would go on sale by the time we go in December. :sad1: BUT...that we really would be first on the list, and that he will call me with any news that becomes available in the meantime. For now just waiting for a code/pin...anything that will give us a great deal...334 days away!!!

It will FLY by, for some reason it has a way of sneaking up on you!:cool1: I'm so excited that you are thinking DVC for GF! :cloud9: Talk about a dream come true!!!!:wizard:

And yay for the $40 GC! :)

It will FLY by, for some reason it has a way of sneaking up on you!:cool1: I'm so excited that you are thinking DVC for GF! :cloud9: Talk about a dream come true!!!!:wizard:

And yay for the $40 GC! :)

Can't wait for you to get back to talk about DVC! Try to get any scoops you can while you're there!

Another little milestone, is passing today as we countdown to this trip. The Christmas 2011 Osbourne lights and the parades end today...the castle lights have already come down. The next time they go up for 2012...WE'LL BE THERE TO SEE THEM!!!:cheer2:

299 Days!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:
Yes, I know at some point I will look back and say "what was so exciting about that?!?" But, today we're officially under 300 days...and counting down!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter