Mother & baby Kicked off Plane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed with the recent changes in the airline industry this type of situation is VERY possible. It does not matter if there was a problem with a passenger (or the baby). If the flight attendant says there was, if the flight attendant says the passenger threatened, if the flight attendant says anything then the flight will either be returned to origin OR diverted to the nearest stopping point - the passenger causing the problem will be removed (probably arrested) - and the flight will continue.

All it takes is a grumpy flight attendant....and they know it.

I used to travel quite a bit for work and have noticed the flight attendants are VERY rude and surly. I have also noticed when a passenger tried to call them on it the flight attendant threatened to have the passenger removed for causing problems with the flight ( I believe "interrupting normal flight operations" was the way it was put ).

So, yeah, a flight attendant "alerting" the cabin to a problem passenger causing a flight to be returned. I can also see a flight attendant who doesn't like children saying things like she did (supposedly).

That flight attendant should be fired.
We've never flown Continental but I'll be sure to avoid them in the future unless they do some serious damage control here by firing that FA and apologizing to that mother.
We've been so lucky the few times we've flown (always with SWA) the FAs were wonderful with the children- well, with everyone, actually.

I notice it says you can bring Gel Filled teethers, do you know if you can bring your baby bottles in a cooler with a gel filled blue ice block to keep them fresh? I asked this of my local airport in England and they said no the blue ice blocks were no longer allowed, but then again they also make you open and taste baby formula and jars of baby food here in England.

I have been told by security that you can't bring the blue ice blocks (or even ice in general). I read the great tip from someone on the DIS boards, though, that you can bring frozen vegetables to pack in the cooler as a disposable "ice pack"! :thumbsup2

Re the supplies issue.

You are allowed to bring through security Baby Milk, Baby Juice etc sufficient for the duration of the flight as long as you taste it for the security officers as you go through security.

You can also buy as much baby milk and juice as you wish and take it on board if purchased in the departure lounge after clearing security.

You dont have to taste it, I took formula through for DS that was pre-made and I also had a canaster of powdered formula for him incase we were delayed. I did buy him water for the powdered formula once we were through security, but we didnt need to taste any of it for them.

I have noticed with the recent changes in the airline industry this type of situation is VERY possible.

I have to agree here - I *wholeheartedly* believe this type of scenario is entirely possible. I understand that the guidelines were put in place to help ensure the safety of the crew and all passengers - however I also believe that 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' - mothers thrown off flights (the Delta commuter fiasco earlier this year) for nursing their babies, and now for refusing to drug them . . ..

I'm glad we'll be driving to WDW . . ..

What about an unaccompanied minor? Makes me wonder.....our kids have flown alone on short, non-connecting flights, they were not toddlers, about 8-9 at the time.

After reading all the horror stories about people being kicked off flights for nonsense I would not allow my kids to fly alone. what if one of the coughed? What would they do with an unacompanied minor, turn him lose in the airport to fend for himself? Yes,I know, the airline is supposed to make sure the child is turned over to a responsible adult, but seems airlines aren't exactly behaving in a "responsible" manner themselves lately!

I think it is horrible.

I hate to fly, and I really hate to fly with young kids. I'm a planner, I overpack supplies snacks, toys, etc. But you just can't be prepared for everything, and toddlers are toddlers there is nothing you can do about that.

I'm so glad this lady went public, the airline desreves the criticisim here NOT the mother. They sure better fire the flight attendant, bad day or not, her job was to HELP the mom instead of throwing her off the plane.

Oh hoffman...now you're stirring the pot....Put them on those $400 bikes with their bacon-frying goggles and cake mix and send them down the road!:rotfl:

Seems you're the one stirring the pot. why do you persist in following me all over this board responding to my every post? Perhaps you need a hobby.

Seems you're the one stirring the pot. why do you persist in following me all over this board responding to my every post? Perhaps you need a hobby.

I have many hobbies my friend. One of them just happens to be READING! And I do enjoy comedy, which you provide so well. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter