Motel in Orlando area, on way to port.

LadyBeBop

DIS Veteran
We are taking an RCI cruise the end of April. We are driving to the port, leaving very early Saturday morning (about 2 AM). Our cruise isn't until Sunday afternoon. It's about 14 hours without stops, so I'm estimating about 15-16 hours with stops.
We want to get the bulk of the driving done on Saturday, so we would have a short drive on Sunday. I'm hoping to make it as far as Orlando. I don't necessarily want to make it to the port, since I would think hotel rooms would be pricey, especially right by the port.
What part of Orlando would you stay at without it being out-of-the-way? Nothing fancy, just a clean room, with decent restaurants or pizza delivery close by. A pool and free hot breakfast would be nice, but not necessary.
We'd probably take the Turnpike into the Orlando area, and take 528 from the Turnpike to the port area.
As always, many thanks.

Have a look at Motels at Clermont just off the Turnpike North West of Orlando. ( Turnpike & Hwy 27 )

There is a Days Inn , Holiday Inn Express etc there.

As you are using the Turnpike and then then Hwy 528 this would be the best Option. There are very few ( ? ) motels

on Hwy 528 .

Have a look at Motels at Clermont just off the Turnpike North West of Orlando. ( Turnpike & Hwy 27 )

There is a Days Inn , Holiday Inn Express etc there.

As you are using the Turnpike and then then Hwy 528 this would be the best Option. There are very few ( ? ) motels

on Hwy 528 .

Thanks. Which exit is it off the turnpike? I have the iExit app on my iPhone. Neither Exit 289 (US 27 to SR 19) nor Exit 272 (SR 50) shows any lodging. Are you talking about US 17/Orange Blossom Trail just off 528?
Also, it looks like if you get on 528 going westbound, you'll hit I Drive and its numerous hotels. How far is the I Drive exit to the turnpike?

There are many hotels by the airport and they usually have a decent rate. You would be right off 528 and only 45 minutes from cruise terminal.

Here you go " Days Inn " Turnpike South Bound Exit 289 ..... North Bound Exit 285

Holiday Express Exit 272

OR Turn off Turnpike & take Hwy 50 West to Clermont & then Hwy 27

Next day Take Hwy 27 South to Hwy I-4 ( 4 or 5 Motels at this junction ) And then turn Left

for Orlando & MCO and then CoCoa Beach ( Port Canaveral ) ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter