Most you wanted to know about the Magic 7-day cruise in ONE thread! IMPORTANT!!!

MarkRG

DIS Veteran
Ok, here's what I'm going to do.

First, if you've not read the Live from the Western Magic thread, go read it. :)

Here, in this thread, I will read all the questions you want to know about the current Western 7-day Itinerary on Thrusday morning, and will try to have all the answers by Thursday night. The only place we won't have been by then will be Castaway Cay. It's a sea day, and I know I'll have time to really give to this then. :) Anything you want to know, here's your big chance!

I only make two exceptions- don't ask about any crew or excursions I havn't mentioned in the Live thread, it'll be too hard to pin them down. Other than that, I'll do my best on :)

Can you confirm that Rockin' Bar D is now 100% non-smoking during family shows? Does this include afternoon events that are open to familes, such as Bingo?

What's the latest news (or rumors) about changes that will be made to the Disney Magic during drydock this fall?

Can anyone tell you what Capt. Hans Mateboer, former Master of the Disney Magic, is doing these days? (I'm not asking you to track down a specific crew member, just to ask anyone who might know, if you get a chance.)

Thanks for the trip reports, I've been enjoying them since we cruise on June 7th!
Okay, here are my questions! First, when were you able to make your Palo reservations, as soon as you boarded? Have they indeed changed the semi-formal and formal nights as well as the "Best of" menu and "Small World" menu as stated on some threads? How did most people dress on Cozumel Mexicali..... nights, casually, any shorts?
Thanks!
Carolyn:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Good morning, Mark.

Anything you want to know, here's your big chance!

Thank goodness. If a train leaves Pittsburgh travelling 87 mph and another departs... oops, nevermind. I just figured it out!

Have really been enjoying your trip reports. Many many thanks.

I too am interested in any changes that might be made in dry dock. Any word on new shows or entertainers? How were the new menus?

do you know what band is going to be playing on the july 19th cruise. also is that cruise full or not. just thought since your there you might be able to answer my questio

I am wondering if the Promenade will be converted to an ESPN type lounge after the ESPN Skybox is made into the teen's club.

Also, who are the main entertainment members of the cruise staff? I understand Robin, April, She-She and Ellen are gone.
Is Ian still there? Who is the DJ now?

Thanks,

'Beano':cool:

I have a few questions, some are easy to answer and some may not be, given the time constraint (heck we want you to enjoy your cruise!)

1) What are the current movies onboard?

2) I heard that the menus have changed. Can you post any of them?

3) I think someone already asked - were the formal and semi-formal nights switched?

4) If you happen to be on deck 6, aft, could you check to see if room 6131 is next to the staff elevator? :)

Thank you so much!! I hope we don't have you running all over the ship to answer these questions. Might be fun..... like a scavenger hunt.

Anyway, my question is this: What different massages are there to choose from ON Castaway Cay in the cabana? How much do each of them cost?

Thanks so much in advance!

Common Ground Navigators

On the Western Cruise, do they have some activities for the younger youth (13-14/15) that are seperate from the older youth (15-17)?

Thanks

Mark,

Thanks for the great commentary. We are on the next Western sailing!

1) Since you mentioned pin trading in your commentary, have they brought out the April and May Artist Choice pins yet? (April was delayed at customs for a long time, haven't heard about it being released yet)

2) Are there any Mothers day pins still available? Or are they sold out.

3) Will they be showing "Finding Nemo" on the ship, opening night, May 30?

Thanks for your help!

- David

Okey dokey, I have all the questions printed out, and will pass the day looking for answers!

I can answer a few vaguely off the top of my head(I'll still provide detailed ones later)

Yes, Palo's as soon as you baord- they take them in Rockin Bar D, Palos it is reasonably easy to get a dinner ressie on a 7 day - High Tea is the difficult one, we didn't go :(

Yes, the menus are all different (4 courses instead of three) as well as the formal/semi-formal nights.

I'll post a detailed list of all media(movies/tv) tonight.

No new rumours beyond what is already known of the teen club moving to ESPN and Common Grounds becoming a gourmet coffee bar. No idea what'll happen to ESPN, however, they played the Anaheim-Minnesota hockey playoff game in one of the clubs the other night, so I wouldn't worry about missing a special sports event - it'll be shown somewhere.
Look for a LONG post tonight :)

Ok, we just left the Captain's round table, where the command staff does Q&A, and have a few answers:

To cover what I just said above, the musical chairs goes like this:

In Dry Dock the Magic rooms go this way:
ESPN Club becomes Teen Club.
Common Grounds becomes Gourmet Coffee house.
Off Beat becomes Cheers-type Sports bar.

Yes, Rockin Bar D IS non-smoking until 9pm every night.

I'll still do a long writeup tonight.

Mark - thanks for taking the time to give us an update.

If Off-Beat becomes a bar, will they still have the same entertainment?

Good question! I know some are going to be upset if the dueling pianos go away.

Now for the really detailed answers to questions, from the top, Mary and I had a good time finding the answers!

Werner-

Rockin' Bar D at least is non smoking every night until 9pm. I would expect this extends to any club that's hosting a family event before 9pm.

The absolute answer right from the command staff during the Captain's Round table is as I stated it right above this:

Is Will be
ESPN Club Teen Club
Common Grounds Gourmet Coffee club
Off Beat Cheers-type sports bar

Noone knows anything about Captain Hans other than he's left the cruise line.

Carolyn-

Palos reservations are available as soon as you board. You can make them in Rockin Bar D. Dinner reservations on a 7 night are good, but High Tea is going to be a challenge. The concierge get first shot in advance and take up a lot of them. We were second on the waitlist and never got in. Got a message tonight apologizing for not being able to however.

The formal and semi-formal nights are now on different nights. Semi is on Monday(Western) Sunday(Eastern), Formal is on Thursday. We will update the excel sheet we got from someone here (mmouse?) when we get home and upload it, along with, hopefully, ALL the current menus.

Cosumel night had most everone in casual mexican/tropical wear. Plan on loud shirts and shorts for the guys. Probably the only night shorts are good to go. Tonight(formal night) was lots of tuxes, more than I saw on the Eastern.

Buckaroo's Dad-

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

AnnMorin

Er, look up :p

tigger91

The band thing right now is very up in the air. Something happened to Johnny Danger, they were supposed to be on this cruise, we instead had some group called 'sea breeze' or something that are ok, but look really rushed together. Report from Donna the booking agent onboard is the 19th is full up.

BeanoC

Talked with Ellen. She's going on 6 week holiday after this cruise and will be back. She-She will be back Saturday. Robin and April left for good. DJ La is now on general staff. New people: DJ Dan, Andy, Jodi, Andrea, Quinton, Luigi. They put on a great show.

gometros

The theatre movies currently are:
Shanghai Knights, Holes, Chicago, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book 2, Harry Potter 2, Piglet's Big Movie, The Recruit, Sweet Home Alabama, Bringing Down the House. Inroom Animated Movies are Littel Mermaid, Toy Story 2, 101 Dalmations 2, Lion King, Hercules. Inroom feature movies are Die Another Day, 2 Weeks Notice, Moonlight Mile, Bourne Identity, The Ring, Hot Chick, Beautiful Mind, Emperor's Club, Signs, Maid In Manhattan, Croc Hunter, Scorpion King, Far From Heaven.

6131 is directly adjoining the staff lifts, don't know if the lift or the room is, they keep the door closed and locked :p

Kstelzner

There are 2 cabana massages offered on CC, Full Body or a Spa Taster, both $115.

Jrabbit

I havn't been able to find a good answer for this one, as we have no teens with us to ask. I would guess the programming in Common Grounds is more general than that, as the navs only say the full age range.

djs113

They currently don't have any Artist's Choice pins aboard. No good answer to when/if they will. They had lots of Mother's Day pins and even some very cute ones from Easter as well.

Finding Nemo WILL be onboard for the Premiere on May 30. Dang, we missed it.

Well, that's it, Tomorrow is Castaway cay and then I'll be home. If you have any other questions, I make no guarantees, but will be around tomorrow a little bit :)

ok Marc,.......you are the best!!!!!!! I hope I will be as good in August!!!!!!!!!!!.....?....Is Elllen still dating someone from Wonder?.........Ellen told us this last summer ...............Is John from Wales still doing theme nights, or Match Your Mate in Rockin BAr D?........... What happened to SEAN? He used to do Bingo, I saw a picture of him doing Segway?....is he still on the ship?

Hi Mark (and Mary). You spent a lot of time researching the questions of future cruisers while on your own cruise and I just wanted to express my admiration for, and appreciation of, your efforts.

Every morning on my drive to work I see countless people disobeying vehicle laws. When my son and I venture into the city (aka Manhattan) we come face-to-face with the realities of poverty, ignorance and hate. At work I must all too often strive to undo the unconscionable acts of industry "peers." In the midst of all this negativity, it is refreshing to come to know someone who ACTS like a role model rather than someone who can only talk like one.

I hope you take a break from these boards and not read this until you return home. No matter what, I wish you warm sand and priority beach seating on Castaway Cay... Enjoy!

Hi BD,

Just back from the Midnite Dessert buffet(go read the other thread for more)

That is very nice of you to say. I guess it's all the years of pixie dust at Disney have worked in some. :)

We do the same at WDW- I am a big wearer of polo shirts. Have more of them an tees. And Mary has a lot of the same ones, and on days we do dress alike when on vacation there. (Today we wore the SS Member Cruise tees thru the day) And we have our own name badges, sooo.. the obvious does happen and people think we are castmembers. The scary part is, with some few exceptions we can usually answer whatever questions they have for us. :)

I have always had a solid foundation in helping others, and that's not about to change any time soon. :)

Mark,
Thanks for all your time and hard work. Anyway, I saw something that almost killed me. I saw that at the dry dock they are pretty much getting rid of ESPN Skybox. Besides Common Grounds, that was by far the best place of the ship for me. Dry docks are in September right? Because I am going July 19, and it would be horrible if ESPN was gone. I think it is cool that Common Grounds is moving. But could you let me know if ESPN will still be there by the middle of July? thanks
Kraig

Thanks Mark! I can't wait to see the menu changes... now go and enjoy the last of your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter