Most weight you've gained on a 7 day?

this is the saddest question I have seen!! It makes me so depressed!

But do the stairs, walk the jogging deck every day, and I actually don't gain that much weight most cruises.

I gained more in Disney this past April because we didn't do as much walking as we do on the ships :scared1: seriously! Yup, I just said that! You do more walking on a cruise than you do at the parks, if you want to!

The most I have gained is -3 lbs.

I always loose weight cruising. It's not from effort in consuming calories. I seem to eat eat eat but I go go go trying to keep up with my crazy DW that can relax.

Dont worry, all things in moderation and have a great time.

It really depends on the person. The good news is the weight you gain will be in a short amount of time so it will be easy to "work back off" if you hit it right afterwards. As a general rule I try to keep myself in a neutral calorie diet (right now in a deficit in preparation for the cruise in September :lmao:) but I'd guess most people are over their caloric intake for the day.

All that aside, I try not to worry about it too much when I'm cruising. That's "eat, drink, be merry" time.

I lost weight on a five day. We almost always took the stairs and we just ate at the meals.

The best way to avoid gaining weight on board is to take the stairs everywhere!! Honestly there's no point in riding an elevator up any amount of levels when the stairs burn way more calories and you get to admire the lovely artwork!! :)

I gained 10-15 lbs on our first cruise (a 10 night) because I made the mistake of telling my servers I was 17 weeks pregnant with our first child - they both subscribed to you're eating for two - so I often got multiple apps and desserts. No one told me how hard it would be to lose 50 lbs after birth when the baby only weighed a hair under 9lbs.

I will be 3.5 months into a 6 month program when I go on my 7 day Alaskan cruise in Sept (I have already lost 17 pounts in 8 weeks). I know I will gain a few pounds. And I am okay with that. 2-3 pounds is okay.

I plan on exercising on all sea days/tracey arm day and maybe ketchican day, so around 4 days. Go to the gym and get on the treadmill for 30 min and do the machines at least 2 out of the 4 days. Also (and it sounds like I won't have any problems) wear my pedometer and get in at least 10,000 steps a day, maybe even try for 12-13,000.

I will be getting a salad for an appetizer at dinner, and asking for less or no carbs at dinner as well. Focus on protein. But I will always have dessert at dinner.

I don't drink much and will probably only drink water (maybe some milk at breakfast). I plan on sticking as close to my diet as I can with breakfast and lunch and splurging a little (dessert) with dinner.

And snack!! I will probably be bringing granola bars and almonds with me on the ship as well. I will also be bringing some protein bars with me so I will eat those (yummy peanut butter and cookie dough flavors) instead of sweets. That way, I won't really be hungry and not order so much (I hope ;))

I gorged on a 7 day, and ended up gaining about 10 pounds. It was all gone in a couple of weeks though. I think I lost 5 pounds within my first week off the ship.

No weight gained on our last cruise, I actually lost 2 pounds. The only thing I can attribute it to is that unfortunately i was leading a very sedentary lifestyle at the time. Our room on the ship was fully aft so it was often a long walk to get to and from places.

Not so anymore though, I've gotten off my butt and have been going to the gym. I'm going to have to maintain my activity level so I'm planning on getting in some form of exercise during the cruise.

Kitty looks like you have a good tactic going there. I operate backwards from that; diet 51 weeks of the year and let loose on the cruise :)

I actually lost weight on our 7 night. DH and I did go to the gym twice, plus walking around the islands (We walked around St. Thomas for a couple hours, Castaway Cay we rented bikes and rode our kids around on them). I tried to still eat somewhat healthy but didn't restrict myself at dinner. Breakfast and lunch I would try to eat what I would normally eat at home. I think you will be fine, just be cautious :goodvibes

I almost died last Saturday when we came home from our 7 day and I was 10 pounds heavier than when we left. The next day I was only an extra 5. As of today, I weigh 3 pounds more. I exercised daily (I'm a runner) and used the stairs exclusively, but I did indulge in cocktails and desserts that I wouldn't have at home so I'm not surprised I gained. I would say that I definitely agree with PP's suggestion to WAIT to weigh yourself, though! That +10 was a shocker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter