Most weight you've gained on a 7 day?

Zero! Wait - that's not entirely true. I gained weight on our 2nd cruise, a 5-night double dip in 2010. After that, I organized a plan LOL!!!! In my 6 cruises after that (4 have been 7-nighters), I've not gained weight. Here are my personal rules:

1.) Stairs, no elevators (I've never seen the inside of an elevator on the Fantasy & have been on 3 cruises on her). I've hiked up the stairs from deck 1 to deck 11 coming in from Castaway Cay several times (and that is a HIKE).

2.) Work out every day. I miss debarkation day, but I'm either at the gym when it opens, doing a BeachBody work out on deck 4 or my verandah (the 5Es are big enough), or running on deck 4.

3.) I eat oatmeal with ground flax seed and walnuts (& sometimes fruit too) from the buffet every AM except one of the port mornings when we eat at the MDR (Royal Palace/Court/Lumiere's/Triton's). I get a buckwheat crepe there - the protein pre-excursion is great!

4.) Skip a course at dinner; either the appetizer course or the soup/salad. I also don't overindulge at Palo brunch or dinner anymore.

I eat more on a cruise at lunch than normal, plus, there are the alcohol calories too (and I don't skimp there)...... I am a sweets fan, so I'm not skipping dessert!! And trust me, if I want something, I eat it (cream cheese soft pretzel that I grabbed on my way out of the gym hahahaha). I do like the thin crust pizza on deck, but stay away from fried stuff (especially chicken fingers and fries). And no regular soda. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did you do your own BeachBody workout or is there a class, etc offered?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I find I always gain some water weight, along with the "real" weight. Give yourself a week or so when you get home to see what you REALLY gained, before you start worrying!

Did you do your own BeachBody workout or is there a class, etc offered?

I have my own P90x, Insanity & Turbo Fire videos. DH loads them on his computer and then transfers them onto our iPad for me to do. I bring whichever program I'm in the midst of.

I did a four day and went straight to key west for a wedding after the cruise. I gained so much weight in the four days that I didn't fit into the dress I brought for the wedding. Good thing I had a really loose one that I wore on the cruise as a back up. Good luck! I think I gained 6 ponds but I am only 4'11" so that is huge for me

I have my own P90x, Insanity & Turbo Fire videos. DH loads them on his computer and then transfers them onto our iPad for me to do. I bring whichever program I'm in the midst of.

What a great idea. We leave in 3 days. I wonder if I can squeeze time in to do this. Thanks for the tip!

Wow, I was surprised to see the title of this thread. I went from 351 down to 187 in about 18 months. Then this past May I went on the 14 night Panama Canal cruise, I gained 28 pounds, yes 28, an unbelievable 28 pounds. It almost seemed impossible. Since then I have lost 1/2 of that, I'm back to 200 pounds, still working on it. For that reason alone, I wouldn't go on a cruise that long ever again.

I think I'm at a good weight, but made it my goal to lose 6 pounds before the cruise. So...then I can eat 6 pounds worth on it! I am looking forward to all those exotic desserts!!! Lost 3 so far....3 more to go before we leave! Plus been doing 60 situps a day so I can look alright in a bikini! :yay:

Getting an honest answer on this is like asking someone getting home from Vegas how much money they lost. "Oh, I was about even"

I agree though, avoid soda, use the stairs, and eat it up. You'll only gain a few lbs.

I thought I would have gained my weight in food with how much I are on our last seven night, but I somehow lost 4 pounds? I only used the elevator four times throughout the whole cruise though; embarkation day on the way up to the room, formal night up and down, and then debarkation day down from the room.

I have found that when I have eliminated the soda, no matter how much I eat, I do not gain a single pound. We just got back from the fantasy and this time I decided to drink soda and sadly I gained like 3 pounds on the cruise and 3 more at Disney World. No good :(, Soda makes a huge difference. We don't drink soda anymore, but since we were on vacation we said, sure why not. Next time I will stick with my no soda policy on board too.

Since Feb 10 I lost 80 lbs. The thought of gaining any back is scary! On the other hand, eating what you want when you want is part of the enjoyment. I am practicing saying, "I'll have 2 escargot appetizers please", but on the other hand, I know I will feel awful afterwards. I'm torn...:confused3 Maybe my dad should be taking all of us to a health spa...not a Disney cruise...arghhhh

It depends on the shore excursions. I have trouble walking on a treadmill on a ship :sick: so my exercise is mainly whatever I have planned onshore. I didn't gain anything this last cruise and don't think I've ever gained more than two.

It takes 3,500 calories to make 1 pound. That's 3,500 calories of intake that you don't burn back off. You burn calories just by being alive. You would have to eat such an amazing amount of food to gain very much on a seven day cruise, I'm not sure what else you'd be doing on the ship. I suspect a large part of what people gain is water weight, which comes back off fairly quickly if you'll drink lots of water.

Then again, if you watch your sodium (kind of hard to do if you aren't the one cooking) and drink a lot of water on your cruise, you shouldn't come back with much extra water weight anyway!

I was always eat a pretty normal breakfast - cereal or oatmeal - I don't eat heavy breakfast at home, so I try to save calories there because I would much rather eat/drink them at other meals!

My last seven day I gained 7lbs and ate what I would eat at home. It still hasn't come off and this was in MARCH. The four day before that? I lost weight.

I am on the verge of losing weight and I would have met my goal by the beginning of next year. I will be sailing on the Fantasy in June next year and I'm scared of how much weight I will gain:sad2:

Guess I will have to do an early morning daily workout on board :thumbsup2

How much weight have you guys gained during a 7 day cruise if any?

This is going to sound crazy, but I actually LOST weight when cruising :confused3. I was super thankful I did, but still, was odd. I think it was because I was crazy active, walking the ship all the time, all the ports (we went to WDW for a day...THAT'S a lot of walking). And while I know there was food like 24/7, I ate regular meals and didn't stuff myself.

I was really surprised when I came home and my work pants actually felt loose!!!:cool1:

This is going to sound crazy, but I actually LOST weight when cruising :confused3. I was super thankful I did, but still, was odd. I think it was because I was crazy active, walking the ship all the time, all the ports (we went to WDW for a day...THAT'S a lot of walking). And while I know there was food like 24/7, I ate regular meals and didn't stuff myself.

I was really surprised when I came home and my work pants actually felt loose!!!:cool1:

DH often loses weight on a cruise, even tho he eats more desserts than I do. It's really annoying. He attributes the weight loss to eating fewer snacks on the ship.

The most I've gained is 5. That is a massive amount for me considering I run 8 - 10 miles a day. I usually go under my normal weight before I go, so I can enjoy and eat.

I know.... a bit obsessive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter