• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most unforgettable moment at Disney?

I will never forget my 3yo son getting picked to dance with Cinderella last year. His eyes and smile were huge the entire time. :lovestruc

DW and I tried for 6 1/2 years to have children. We ran all kinds of tests and docs could not come up with a defnitive reason why. During those 6 1/2 yrs, we fell in love with WDW. We spent much time on those trips talking and dreaming about a day where we could bring our kids with us and enjoy the magic.

Through what can only be explained as a miracle, on November 10, 2007 we were able to bring home our adopted dd from the hospital (we weren't presented with the possibility of an adoption only 3 months prior).

DD's first doll was a Minnie doll. Her 3rd word (after Daddy and Mommy) was "Ninnie".

In December 2008, we spent 5 nights at CSR. Our first park was DHS to watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at Playhouse Disney Live. We happened to show up at the hat and an incredibly amazing elderly lady CM said, "Would your lovely daughter like to meet Minnie and Daisy. They're coming out shortly." There was no line. When "Ninnie" came out, what happened could only be explained as magical. I snapped these photos to capture the very special moment that had deep meaning on many levels...

n509755429_5564208_8450.jpg

n509755429_5564209_8714.jpg

I will NEVER EVER forget this one.

This made me cry, thank you for sharing your story and the pictures!

I got engaged in August 1999 in front of Cinderella's castle. My hubby and I (along with our 2 daughters) just returned there this past Thanksgiving. We stood in that exact same spot 10 yrs later and he gave me a diamond anniversary band!!! That castle has a very deep and emotional meaning to me......

That is soo cool. In December of 1999 my dad gave my mom a new wedding ring for their anniversary at Cinderellas Royal Table and this is the first time since 1999 we are going back in December(we usually go in November every year). I told my dad that he better do something special again since we are eating there again and it has been 10 years!

During Spectromagic, Doc came over and kissed my DD's hand. She turned around and said, "Mommy this is the best day in the world!":yay:

Our first morning at Disney was MK. It wasn't a EMH day and we were there for rope drop. Got inside and there were hardly any other guests around. The CM's had lined Main street and were waiving to everyone. We were able to walk at a slow pace and not feel rushed. There was a trash can in the hub that was blowing out bubbles and my 3 year old of course loves bubbles. Since there was nothing to be in a hurry for he was able to run and spin in the bubbles all by himself. It was such a magical way to start our Disney vacation.

One that comes to mind was in 2001. While at the piano pool at All Star Music, the lifeguards were getting ready to come on duty. They asked my son if he wanted to yell into the megaphone, "lifeguard on duty!!" It was really neat and he received a certificate for helping out.

My baby sister was about 2 at the time when we went to the opening of the MK and she saw Mickey Mouse and was shaking in pure excitement and she was screaming Mickey, the woman next to us looked at her kids and said look Mickey and they said "yeah" and she looked at them and said "Why arent you excited like that little girl?" Later that day me and my baby sister were selected to be the prince and princess of the day in MK and she got to ride Cinderella's personal horse on the Golden Carousel. :cool2: It was so cool.

My favorite unforgetable moment didnt really happen at Disney. Growing up my parents had to save every nickle and dime to take us to disney 2 times growning up (first when I was 11 and again when I was 16). Even then we could only stay offsite since they could only afford a value resort and it couldn't fit 5 ppl. My parents decided to take us again in 08', the only catch was my sis and I had to pay our own way. They picked allstar music, since mom always wanted to stay on-site. Well, my sis and I had plans of our own. We (along with my bro) visted AKL in eary Dec 07' and collected maps and souveniers of the resort. On x-mas morning, my parents got a letter from mickey and box filled with AKL goodies. The letter said that the kids enjoyed staying at AKL so much, they wanted to invite you to stay there as well. My mom sobbed when she read the letter, sobbed when she told my aunts about it, and sobbed at work when she told her co-workers. We had a great vacation staying at AKL, so great that I bought into DVC and have some plans for my mom's surprise 50th birthday trip in 2010.

My unforgettable moment was when my fiance proposed to me, on my favorite ride....the top of Splash Mountain!:lovestruc

Mine was a chance to take a photo of my 5 year old son on Dumbo with my father.....which looks pretty identical to the same photo shot of him and me in 1975 (well, except my father looked far younger in the photo taken 32 years prior).

I forget what specific year it was but we purchased the Disney "CM" pins for our kids. My DD left hers at 50's Prime Time after dinner and we didn't relize it until we got back to our resort. We called and they did not find it. We told her we would get a replacement the next day and then we went to DTD for the evening. When we returned there was a new pin and a card autographed by all the characters on the table. That was a very magical time and it made my DD and DW cry. Isn't Disney World the best place on Earth!!!!:worship:

Two years ago on our December trip when they lit up the Castle with the Christmas lights. We were coming out of CP after having dinner and stopped to watch the show. We had no idea tha there were lights on the Castle and when they turned them on, it took my breath away, it is so beautiful. My DD who was 10 at the time gasped, then took my hand and laid her head against my arm. Since she had decided she was "too old" for me to show her any kind of affection in public, it was pretty cool. ;)

Having raised 3 kids on Disney and with over 50 trips to DLR, WDW and DLRP, it's hard to pick just one.

My cousin has been my best friend for 50 years and she did a lot for me when I was going through chemo. When I got better, my husband and I took my cousin and her husband to WDW; they had never been. She loves fireworks so I booked a surprise Illuminations cruise. As the fireworks were going off, she turned her head and looked at me and tears were streaming down her face. It was great to be able to say thank you in such a personal way.

My most unforgettable moment at WDW was when we saw the Country Bear Jamboree. My Dad was wanted to see this show because he wanted to see if it was the same as when he took me as a kid to Disneyland. When the show started my Dad, DS8 and DS3 were all into the show. DH on the other hand had this look of "what am I watching" on his face, and then he started to laugh. His laughter made my Mom laugh. They were laughing so hard that I started to laugh and by the time the show ended all 3 of us were crying and laughing so hard we could not breathe. :rotfl2: Still makes me laugh...

I LOVE THIS!!

My daughters first trip to Disney World was last June.The CM picked her to open Toon Town. She lead ALL the people to see the Fairys and was the first one to see them that day. Totally Magical!!!:thumbsup2

When my oldest son (Autistic) typed up a letter to Cinderella - at 5 years old, without my DW and I knowing- and gave it to her. She was so sweet, and he was so shy.. it was magical... I have it on video.. it is a moment that I will cherish as long as I live!!!

On our trip in Feb DD (2 1/2 at the time) got to "start" the spectro magic parade. A few CM's pulled her out in to the street and gave her some pixie dust. They helped her count to three and throw it in the air...when she did the lights went out all down Main Street. She still talks about it today.

Lots of great memories so far, but the top:

Our first trip with DD at 3.5, we are sitting on the end of main street waiting for Spectro. DD had just learned to count backwards from 1 to 10. We decided to practice it 10...9....8. The second she hit one, the music came up and the lights came on signifying the start of the parade. Her eyes opened wide with astonishment....SHE had made the lights come on!

I'll never forget that one!

When I was like 8ish, I had a cast on my arm because I had broken my wrist. Just about every character has signed it! All the CMs, but especially characters, were extra nice to me. The even pulled me to be in a bird show (I completely forget what its called), but they had a bird fly onto my cast..then it flew on my head and pooped on me! I'd say that was the most unforgettable moment there..oh, aside from this year when Buzz Lightyear made some, lets say, "inappropriate for small children" movements to me and my friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter