Most rooms booked for 4/16-4/27!

milmore104

Mommy to 3 Disney Princesses
I've been trying to play around w/ the new 7/4 package and see what kind of deal I could get. I'm a bit owrried that every resort I try is not NOT available. Is this week really that crowded? Am I looking at long lines? I am going this week to go w/ my cousin who is a teacher. However I don't have to go this week. I was wondering if I should change my dates to the first of May instead. I will be traveling w/ my DH, 8yo DD, and my 4 month old DD. I'd hate to be waiting in lines for an hour for each ride w/ an infant.
Thanks

April 12 is Easter, lots of school systems have the before or after week off, that's why the new promo is blacked out 4/5-4/18. The 16th, 17th, or 18th might be booked, just one night not available will show your entire date choice not open.

Massachusetts school vacation is 4/18-4/26, and I've had Disney reservations on the books for lots of my clients since they first opened the res dates this past summer. There is the Flower and Garden Festival going on, as well as Grad Nites at the Studios, and frequently golf groups. April weather is nice too, so it's a popular month.

I've been trying to play around w/ the new 7/4 package and see what kind of deal I could get. I'm a bit owrried that every resort I try is not NOT available. Is this week really that crowded? Am I looking at long lines? I am going this week to go w/ my cousin who is a teacher. However I don't have to go this week. I was wondering if I should change my dates to the first of May instead. I will be traveling w/ my DH, 8yo DD, and my 4 month old DD. I'd hate to be waiting in lines for an hour for each ride w/ an infant.
Thanks

I believe that under the promotion, the 2 weeks around Easter are "blacked out" - meaning you would not be able to take advantage of the promotion during that time. Not sure when Easter falls this year, but if you can not find anything, I would venture to guess it may be during your preferred dates.

I believe that under the promotion, the 2 weeks around Easter are "blacked out" - meaning you would not be able to take advantage of the promotion during that time. Not sure when Easter falls this year, but if you can not find anything, I would venture to guess it may be during your preferred dates.
Yes, those dates are blacked out. We currently have a trip planned during that time & I was hoping I could take advantage of the 7 for 4 deal, but no such luck.

I believe the blackout dates are April 4 through April 18 or somewhere around there. April 12 is Easter in 2009.

Yes, those dates are blacked out. We currently have a trip planned during that time & I was hoping I could take advantage of the 7 for 4 deal, but no such luck.

I believe the blackout dates are April 4 through April 18 or somewhere around there. April 12 is Easter in 2009.

While it says that they are blacked out, if you try to book them online or by phone, they are bookable. I know because I booked one myself before I read about the blackout dates. I have called back and confirmed that I do have the package, and it shows on their website as well.

If you want the package, I suggest checking it out right now, because the room choices are going fast.

Hope this helps!:)

Thanks

Part of your dates (4/16-4/18) are during Easter week, spring break, and also peak season prices. If you check, starting 4/19 the rack rate prices go WAY down off peak to just regular. I would suspect it would be easier to find a room then, too.

We have to go during the busy week (DD's in school), but if you dont, I would move your trip. The lines are incredibly long, the crowds are like they are at xmas, and the prices are the same, too.

By moving your dates even by 3 days, I think you'll be alot happier.:)

While it says that they are blacked out, if you try to book them online or by phone, they are bookable. I know because I booked one myself before I read about the blackout dates. I have called back and confirmed that I do have the package, and it shows on their website as well.

If you want the package, I suggest checking it out right now, because the room choices are going fast.

Hope this helps!:)
That's weird, I called yesterday & the CM said I couldn't book it because of blackout dates. Actually, I already have a room booked, I was just trying to change it.

I have 4 nights booked at the Contemporary & then we are moving to OKW on points. I figured if I could get 3 nights additional then I could save on points & we could go again later in the year using points.

I am a MA teacher and was only able to get wilderness lodge that week. I am going to put down a deposit and keep trying to switch to another resort. We stayed at WL last year and loved it, but would love to try something different. I got a yacht club waterview at one point this morning, but it just seemed too high. If I could switch to a standard view or to AKL I would be happier...

Already have a townhouse booked at Windsor Hills. The savings at Disney would still make up for the loss of a deposit...

A deposit at Disney is refundable up until 45 days before I believe...would be worth it to keep both options open.

We were at Disney last year during this week and the crowds weren't bad. The weather was beautiful. The majority of the people were families from the northeast... A lot of the hotels get booked due to conferences and other events.

We are staying 4/3-4/13 and were told that the discount is not available during this time, it is the "blackout" period :sad1: We actually even had to split our stay if we wanted to stay at CSR. We ended up staying the first 3 nights at POR then transferring over to CSR. They said they would transfer our luggage without any problem...I have my fingers crossed!

We're staying the 9th - 19th and got the deal anyway... and from what I've read on these boards, so did alot of other people. If you want it, try to call again or book it online.

This time in 2008 wasn't busy because Easter was in March. For 2009, it's on April 12th. So many schools take their spring breaks the week before or after Easter. You can also tell because the prices go up these 2 weeks.

Most people are booked for Easter week, April 11-18. (Saturday to Satruday)...that is probably why you cannot get the nights of the 16-18

we booked today- the 19th - 26. (our NH school vacation) the only value rooms available were all star sports, preferred. Makes me nervous about crowds :scared:

Is it possible Grad Nites are impacting some of the dates?

I have read that Grad Nites 2009 dates are April 17, 18 and April 24, 25.

I went this past April for that week and it was soooooo crowded.It really dampened our moods!:eek:

I went this past April for that week and it was soooooo crowded.It really dampened our moods!:eek:

ps-The United Kingdom had school break then and parts of Europe..

I'm hoping April will be better than July. We usually go in July and just can not take the heat anymore. crowds I'm used to dealing with, I'll take crowds over July heat any day :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter