Most Romantic Resort Restaurant

Jenny_WDWFan

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm a new DISer, hooray! :cool1: Ok, on to my question...

DH and I are going to WDW in March, staying at SOG. Therefore, we won't be on the dining plan. My idea is to mostly eat CS meals, but to splurge on a few TS meals. If this was your plan, and you wanted to have a romantic meal at a resort... what would you choose?

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

California Grille at the top of the Contemporary:

Great food
Great service
Great views (you can request - but not guaranteed - a view of the MK fireworks @ dinner)
Terrific atmosphere

We will definitely be going back!

Hi ! Its always risky to recommend anything in case it disappoints ! However I think I'm safe in recommending Narcoosees ( Little Bear ) at the Grand Floridian , timing things to co-incide with Wishes at MK .:wizard: I'm sure lots of other folks will recommend their favourites.

Romantic places...hmm...at resorts...well, the Grand Floridian is great, and Artist Pointe is also very romantic. The California Grill is beautiful and very modern. My favorite is Wolfgang Puck at DTD (but upstairs is far more romantic than downstairs; but downstairs takes the DDP, so we usually just ask for a table by the windows overlooking the water...BEAUTIFUL and romantic).

Bon appetit!! popcorn::

Victoria and Albert's for sure.

If price is an issue and I needed something a little less expensive I would go with Artist Pointe.

I agree with the Narcoossees recomendation.

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge are both very nice too.

Our favorite is BlueZoo at the Dolphin. DH & I do that every trip.

Enjoy your trip. I hope your DH loves WDW!

Hi, Jenny.

Some suggestions for a romantic dinner:

If you really want to splurge, go for Victoria and Albert's. The food is fabulous, the service is wonderful, and the setting is beautiful. It isn't cheap, by any means, though. The menu is different every night, and it is fixed-price. You aren't stuck with only one option for each of the six courses, though; there are a few choices for each (except for the amuse bouche, which starts the meal). If you decide on V&A's, go ahead and splurge for the wine pairings, if you are wine people. At $60 a person for 6 pairings, it is actually quite a good deal.

If you want somewhere with wonderful service and food, that isn't a fixed-price menu, so that you have some options for controlling the price, I would recommend Artist Point. My husband and I go there every visit to WDW. While some may recommend California Grill, I find Artist Point to be more quiet and conducive to actually spending time talking to the person(s) you are dining with. They have a very nice wine list from the Pacific Northwest to add to the always lovely menu.

I would steer clear of park restaurants, and from the "monorail resort" restaurants other than V&As since they are likely to be full of families (and the resultant excitement of kids!). Let me be clear so that I don't become the subject of "hate responses" from parents - I am a parent myself, and even when we have traveled as just a couple, I have never minded appropriately behaved (even if totally excited) children around me at a restaurant. It is part of the charm of being at Disneyworld - it just doesn't scream "romantic" to me.

One suggestion: you may want to get opinions on the bistro on the second level of Chefs de France. I have not been in many years, so I can't remember whether it would be a good option or not.

Leota - I'll second Jiko as well. Don't know why I didn't think of it! Another place with a great wine list and wonderful food.

We really liked Narcoosees, but I'm not sure I would think of it as romantic. But that may be because we ate an earlier dinner, so there were lots of families with young kids and it was a bit lively.

You will get all sorts of opinions on California Grill. We eat there every other trip or so. Food is very good - sushi is excellent - and the wine list is nice (just pray that you don't get the same CM that we did as a server - he spent literally over half an hour trying to "work the table" before even taking an order for drinks, then when I ordered my wine he said "oh, you looked like a Chardonnay drinker" to me, which I didn't consider to be a compliment since I hate California Chardonnays, but that is another story....) My main disappointment with it is that they don't enforce the dress code and you get a lot of people (adults with and without kids) in jeans, cutoffs, and other attire that is really not right for a restaurant like Cali Grill. I was frustrated last time with what appeared to be people acting as inappropriate as their dress. But we are giving it another chance, and I am hoping that it was just an off night.

Wow, thanks for the ideas everyone! :) I have no idea how I will decide, but it's nice to hear about what other people enjoy. It's funny, I always end up planning things and DH doesn't really seem to care what we do. Sometimes that makes it hard to plan. :laughing:

I'm so glad I decided to sign up with an account finally, you DISers are so friendly :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter