Most Relaxing Resort?

Thanks everyone!! Based on your suggestions and availability I added two days on at AKL!! I'm a Disney Vet, but have never even stepped foot on that property. So I'm looking forward to seeing something new!
Excellent choice!! We love the peacefulness that we find at AKL, even when our small children are with us.

Just curious if you have ever stayed at WL? We love it for the relaxing atmosphere. We have considered AKL, but the distance is what has always kept us from it.

I have stayed at the WL several times. It is #1 on my daughter's list, but #2 on mine. For me, nothing beat ordering room service (coffee and french toast), while watching the mist come up over the savanna. Hands down the only resort where I just wanted to sit on the balcony.

Been to WDW over 20 times and stayed at a lot of places and the MOST relaxing was DVC's VWL (now called Boulder Ridge). AKV is up there too.

I have stayed at the WL several times. It is #1 on my daughter's list, but #2 on mine. For me, nothing beat ordering room service (coffee and french toast), while watching the mist come up over the savanna. Hands down the only resort where I just wanted to sit on the balcony.

We may have to try it then! Just hard to try something else after staying at WL. I have to say YC was awesome, but when we stayed at WL we were like this is it. Very peaceful. YC was very busy and a large convention going on at the time. Can’t beat the location though.

We may have to try it then! Just hard to try something else after staying at WL. I have to say YC was awesome, but when we stayed at WL we were like this is it. Very peaceful. YC was very busy and a large convention going on at the time. Can’t beat the location though.

You really can't go wrong with either one! Enjoy your stay :-)

I find Wilderness Lodge to be the most relaxing. I love sitting out by Seven Seas Lagoon or listening to the waterfalls (both inside and outside the lobby). I feel as though all of the wood absorbs some of the sound too. It's just all around beautiful and secluded. :)

The Polynesian is by far the most relaxing resort and it isn't even close. What makes a vacation relaxing is quick and easy access to parks. You can take the monorail directly to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom from the Poly. It also exudes the most chill vibe ever.

I havent been since the additions, but Wilderness Lodge is incredibly relaxing. Geyser Point looks like a place you could spend all afternoon at, just relaxing. Great lobby to just have coffee in and it even just smells good!

Thanks everyone!! Based on your suggestions and availability I added two days on at AKL!! I'm a Disney Vet, but have never even stepped foot on that property. So I'm looking forward to seeing something new!
Great choice! Have dinner at Boma and also try the night vision binoculars out at the Savanah viewing area. Enjoy!

I love AKL or WL for quiet and relaxing. Surprisingly my fav resort is Poly but it can be noisy. No
“nooks” like at WL and AKL.

AKL

My fave part of AKL is wandering around the halls and lobby during early mornings with a cup of coffee before my kids awake. There are several mini-exhibits and it's so beautiful. Plus the animals. I also like the pool area - it feels lush.

Did I write this? Lol! That's exactly what I do, the music, the feel, I actually like it better than the balcony. I loved the round outdoor area with the chairs with the outside circular staircase. Can't believe there was never anyone else sitting there. One rainy afternoon, I was just reading in the lobby while the boys were all in the gym, and it was so peaceful I didn't even notice right away that all of the characters got bussed in. Needless to say, I had my first choices with no wait, even danced with tigger while the CM recorded it on my phone, until more people saw.
If anyone reading this happens to be walking around with coffee in the morning too, please take a moment to read the informative placques all around the big mask in the lobby, it is really interesting!
However, the WL sounds like a great relaxing place too, and I'm giving that one a try this year.

AKL for sure !! I am a bit bummed years ago it was the most budget friendly deluxe .. now not so much LOl and I agree with Mara .. even if not staying we always go over and have lunch at Mara and check out the animals :) the butternut squash soup is literally heavenly!!

Hey Guys!!

I have a trip booked in April at CRB. But I've been thinking about adding two more nights onto the end of my trip just to relax at a resort. I'm an adult solo traveler, so I really don't have any restrictions. I have stayed at a Values, Mods and Deluxe during my past stays. I was just wondering in your opinion, of relaxing resort days ... which resort would you pick?

Thanks!! I look forward to your recommendations! =)
Animal Kingdom Lodge.

When we take the entire family nothing beats AKL. However when its just a little getaway for me and my wife, we absolutely love staying at SS because its walking distance to DS and an awesome night life.

Yeah.. I will definitely stay at WL at some point. A standard room wasn’t available and since I live in the woods, I went with AKL for this trip. (I go camping and hiking in weekends. Haha) I don’t intend on leaving the resort so bus times or resort location isn’t a concern. And heck, I’ve stayed at a Value resort so a 20 minute bus ride doesn’t bother me. Being a solo traveler I have a different perspective and tour at a different pace then typical parks goers. Haha. Very few places I need to be at a set time. :cool1:

Yay! That would have been my choice. I could simply stay there all day and skip the parks and still thoroughly enjoy my vacation. Enjoy!

I recommend Pop...pool view room. :lmao: Just kidding! That wouldnt be relaxing at all. I agree with POR as a relaxing resort. Its so gorgeous...and I too love the boat ride to Dis.Springs. So relaxing. :) EDIT: Just read the updated post from OP, you chose AKL! How lovely! its a gorgeous place. You'll love it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter