Most recently refurbished Deluxe resorts?

nc6200

Mouseketeer
Hi - we are looking to re-book a trip that we had to cancel last year and have a strong preference for resorts that have been updated recently. Bonus points if in the Epcot/Boardwalk area. I tried to do some searching on refurbishment calendars but couldn't find a good single source of info.

What Deluxe resorts have been most recently updated and are done with their refurbishment? We were looking at the Yacht Club - is that a good choice?

Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian have all been more recently updated than the Epcot resorts. Riviera is probably the newest if you consider that Epcot area. Otherwise I would recommend Yacht Club because I like that they have hardwood floors rather than carpet.

Contemporary & Poly were remodeled in the last 18 months. Grand Floridian is being remodeled now. Boardwalk is supposed to be remodeled this year, starting with club level this spring. Beach Club 2014-15; Yacht Club 2015-16, club level 2017.

I believe AK & WL were also recently redone, but I never stay there so not sure of dates.

Last edited:

Hi - we are looking to re-book a trip that we had to cancel last year and have a strong preference for resorts that have been updated recently. Bonus points if in the Epcot/Boardwalk area. I tried to do some searching on refurbishment calendars but couldn't find a good single source of info.

What Deluxe resorts have been most recently updated and are done with their refurbishment? We were looking at the Yacht Club - is that a good choice?
Even though the YC isn't the most recently remodeled, the rooms are really nice. They have the remodeled bathroom with the sliding shower doors, rain shower head and shower wand. Some of the bathrooms have showers only. They also have the updated closet and the carpeting has been removed. The lobby has been recently updated and is very beautiful. I really like these rooms. :)

I also like the recently remodeled rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian. :)

I'll chime in with another vote for the Yacht Club. We'll be staying there again in April as a break from our normal BWI stay.

OK now I'm torn a little bit. Our favorite area (Boardwalk area) sounds like the least new updates. Grand Floridian is mid update right now from what I can tell online.

Spouse is a big fan of boardwalk area because of access to Epcot, but I would love to try Contemporary or Poly just bc monorail access. But maybe their room sizes are smaller bc older? Anyone have arguments in either direction of other considerations? Room size? Restaurants? Other things I'm missing than just location?

OK now I'm torn a little bit. Our favorite area (Boardwalk area) sounds like the least new updates. Grand Floridian is mid update right now from what I can tell online.

Spouse is a big fan of boardwalk area because of access to Epcot, but I would love to try Contemporary or Poly just bc monorail access. But maybe their room sizes are smaller bc older? Anyone have arguments in either direction of other considerations? Room size? Restaurants? Other things I'm missing than just location?

There are actually quite a few recent reviews of YC rooms over on Youtube. I was just watching those myself last week when I was making my decision. The room interiors are very clean and updated. As for the Contemporary, their main pool is getting ready to close for like 3 or 4 months refurb and the Poly has a major construction project in full swing. So for me the YC was the easy choice.

The newest EP area resort and rooms are Swan Reserve actually. BUT the rooms are on the smaller side.

Fwiw I adore an EP/MK resort area split. It’s like the best of both worlds. Swolphin transfers luggage to/from Disney and also offers daily housekeeping- something Disney can’t afford for anyone not paying club level prices 🙄

The newest EP area resort and rooms are Swan Reserve actually. BUT the rooms are on the smaller side.

Fwiw I adore an EP/MK resort area split. It’s like the best of both worlds. Swolphin transfers luggage to/from Disney and also offers daily housekeeping- something Disney can’t afford for anyone not paying club level prices 🙄
Does the Swolphin still transfer? I thought that stopped for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right & the rest of the hotel will be after that, correct?
Technically, when the CL is done, All when be done.
The CL half of the resort is last.
They are doing half at a time, all floors at once. The CL half is last.
The Villas will come after the Inn. But the CL is the end of the Inn's redo

Rumor on the BWI forum is that the rooms on the entrance-side of the Inn will be renovated starting in late January followed by the rooms on the water side of the Inn (which includes Club Level) starting in early March. The lobby renovation has already started. Sounds like end of April would be a target date for completion for the Inn side overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter