• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most rare character youve met?

I dont know if he's rare but I've met Kermit the Frog.

So have I!! I was lucky enough to meet Jim Henson as well.It was at a hospital in IN many years ago.I had no idea until a few years ago when i was looking at old photos that it was him.

Does anyone get to 'meet' tinkerbell? I've heard she make very few appearances. Or have I been mis-informed?

Does anyone get to 'meet' tinkerbell? I've heard she make very few appearances. Or have I been mis-informed?

As of now she does not come out, except for Wishes (and she was also in the P&P parade back in Jan-March).

Kermit AND Miss Piggy....Pinocchio and Geppetto...Mr Smee and Captain Hook.
The mice from Cinderella and the Big Bad Wolf.

I also got my Photo with ALL the Dwarfs....mite not be rare but it sooooo made my Holiday !!!!

It was W-A-Y back in '91, but my sister got her picture taken with Roger Rabbit there at EPCOT. :goodvibes
And at that time, Disney's Robin Hood was back in circulation, so most of the main characters were out and about then. I even have the video of the Sheriff and Prince Charles chasing Robin Hood around. It was really a big laugh to see the Sheriff and Frair Tuck belly-butting each other around!:lmao:

What I really feel bad about now is that in '03, I saw some of the characters mentioned here and we passed right by them because our boys were young and too cranky to hang around and wait for autographs.:sad1:

DD and I met Maid Marion in '89 and she played a trivia game in Exposition Hall with Daisy in '02.

Wow, in our visits & in all my time here on the boards, I've never heard mention of any meet & greets w/ the Muppets before -- very cool!

I have to agree that rare is indeed relative. Over the years we've seen Kermit & Miss Piggy, TweedleDee & TweedleDum, and Friar Tuck. However, the only characters we've only seen once in the past 20 years is Merlin & the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland. I'm not even sure that they are rare...just that we've only come across them once.

Although they weren't rare at the time, I do think they would be pretty rare today, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They used to do a meet& greet back near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.

Merlin used to do a show, the Sword in the Stone. The show has been gone for about a year now. And Mr. Walrus only comes out for MNSSHP.

I met Jimny Cricket one morning in Epcot. I had snuck out of the room at my brother's behest to enjoy some solo time while he stuck around and slept in with my DS. I had no camera...no friend with a camera...nothing. Jimny had just come out and it was so early he had no line. He put his palms up in the air and looked at me as if to say "HELLO...it's me Jimny!" LMBO. I was so bummed.

2006_1017bmw0015.jpg

We saw Stanley at Animal Kingdom. He might not be that rare to see, but he is for us. It was so funny, because the Country Bear was trying to steal Stanleys goldfish.

We met Claire at MGM last year. I wasn't sure who she was until I read her autograph. She was with Chip N Dale so I am guessing she is a hot little chipmunk that the two fought over. I guess if you don't know their name they can be considered rare:yay:

On opening day I had my pic made with Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter & tweedle dee & dum all in one pic. I can not wait to go back this Halloween!! materdawg

I wish I could be going back to MNSSHP. I want to get pictures with Tarzan, and also with the villians.

sevendwarfs.jpg

My favorite rare character moment! In 2005, we went to Magic Kingdom on our last day, and as we walk up to the entrance, we see ALL seven dwarfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

DH met Governor Radcliffe from Pocahontas - we only saw him once in all our trips.
I met him on MainStreet. I was so terrified of him, but for the longest time didn't know which movie he came from. It wasn't til one night [years later]when I was bored and watched Pocahontas that I figured out who he was...

Idk, if he is rare, but I saw the prince/king someone??? from Robin Hood. He seemed rare at the moment.

sevendwarfs.jpg

My favorite rare character moment! In 2005, we went to Magic Kingdom on our last day, and as we walk up to the entrance, we see ALL seven dwarfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Wow, Dopey looks a little different from the rest. Idk, if that's because he's less rare or what. I'd love to catch all of them!

Our rare characters were in DLR..........Bert from Mary Poppins, Tom and Huck and the Genie.

WDW the only rare one that we've only seen the one time was Esmerelda. Hoping to see more when we go in Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter