Most popular times of year at DVCs?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I'm not a member, but I'd like to try and rent points for a Beach Club Villa for late January. (1 bedroom , 4 nights)

I've found someone willing to rent points (and able to meet some preferences I have - $10.00 pt (my budget), plus allowing me the same "changing of reservation " rights that a DVC owner would normally have instead of an "absolutely no changes" policy - I realize that everyone has their own policies and that ok; a person does what they have to do :cool: , but you never know what might come up and I wanted at least the possibility of flexibility)

BUT they can't book for me until late June (the 7 month window).

I'm just wondering how late Jan. is for "booking up" - is it very popular? Do I need to worry about being able to get Beach Club?
Any thoughts?

Reserving at BCV is an unknown quantity at this time, since only about 20% of the resort is available to DVC members at any time. That % will increase as sales continue, but owners at BCV can already make reservations at that time and all other members may reserve at 7 months and may want to try out the new resort. Late January is typically a slower time at WDW, so you may be fine. Good Luck!

Yes, January is slower at WDW, but because it is a lower point time for DVC, most DVC resorts are quite busy at that time. Also, with BCV being new, many will be anxious to stay there.

Hey Anna-
I would suggest having them book whatever their home resort is right now, so that way you will at least have a room. You will not be disappointed in any of the DVC resorts. Then try to switch the ressie at the 7 month window to the resort of preference. Don't forget there is always the waitlist if what you want is not available at the 7 month window. I have heard a lot of success with it here on the DIS. Also, BWV may be easier to get into at the 7 month window for once since many people may be wanting to try BCV; because, they are new.

Thanks, Kathy and everyone, I have a list of "first choice, second, etc...) so at 7 months, I'll just end up with whatever is available.

I've never stayed in a villa so I am excited to try it out. :pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter