• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Overrated Food in Disney

The beignets at POFQ. We did not think they were worth the calories or the special trip over there to eat them!

These are the food items I've personally tried which to me are overrated and not worth the time, effort or price:
Dole Whip
Churros
Any baked good from a park or resort "bakery"
Cape May Cafe seafood items especially crab legs
Le Cellier steaks
Mickey bars and indeed all park and resort ice cream
Flame Tree barbecue barbecued items
Be Our Guest grey stuff
Casey's Corner hot dogs
50s Prime Time Cafe fried chicken

These are off to top of my head. I'll add more after I do more thinking.

Dole Whip (ok, but I have no compelling need to get it again), turkey legs, zebra domes (again ok, but there's so much good food at Boma I'd rather use those calories elsewhere)

I really don't see the point of threads like this. It's pretty much telling others, "You like that food?? What is wrong with you?". There is really nothing beneficial to come out of a thread that in some sense, is making fun of others.

What?? I never made this thread with the intention of making fun of others! NEVER!!

It's all personal opinion. Not meant as an attack. The majority of people like the items posted, the poster is in the minority. How is that making fun if they post it?

If you don't like reading these, then move along ...

I suppose there should be no favorite restaurant/ resort/ attraction. etc thread to avoid anyone "feeling bad " according to that reasoning. Sheesh!

1. Dole Whip
2. Turkey Leg
3. Zebra Dome
4. Mickey Bar
5. Grey Stuff
6. Tonga Toast
7 Grand Marnier Slush

Have I left out anything that everyone else loves?

For me it has to be the Mickey Waffles. I get it, they are a Mickey head; but with that said, they are from a batter that is no different than any other waffle found in any other restaurant located in any other city. :confused3

A few other treats or locations are:

Zebra Dome (for me flat out yuck)
Grey Stuff (Remove it from BoG and I doubt it's popular)
Le Cellier (There are many 1Ts I would rate much better)

Great thread.
For me Boma's Zebra Dome.
Also, I found out that Boma's Jungle juice is = Trader Post's signature Moonshine juice is = Golden Coral's Orange Promeganate "whatever" juice.
There you go folks..the power of WDW marketing suggestion. Hahaha

After reading about the dole whip love I was let down when I tried it. However, I had the float on the next trip and enjoyed that quite a bit!

For those offended by the thread, my intention was to have fun -- not to be mean.

It's like movies. Have you ever heard so much about HOW GOOD a movie was that you build it up in your head that it's going to be phenomenal, only to shrug your shoulders afterward saying I don't get the hype?

That's the same thing with WDW food! I thought the Norway School Bread was going to be the tastiest sweet treat EVER by what I heard. So excited to try it, only to say "I don't get it?!"

How not getting the hype of certain foods is an attack ... I don't know? Maybe I just have a thick skin?

Don't worry about it FG! Threads like this usually get a lot of good responses. And give folks a chance to express their opinions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter