• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Outrageous Complaint Overheard

Suellen

DIS Veteran
So another thread I was in quoted some complaints that they overheard at GS.

Curious what complaints people have heard at GS or even just overheard people complaining to each other about while at Disney.

Hopefully this can stay humorous as it is intended for that purpose and not as a debate... just funny or unbelievable. :lovestruc

I don't know if this is a complaint but there was a woman who refused to ride Spaceship Earth with her child because there was no seatbelts.

It was so odd. :confused: Does any other parent regard Spaceship Earth as dangerous?

That is a complaint.

I don't find SE dangerous at all! If I did I were worried I would let the child sit on my lap.

So another thread I was in quoted some complaints that they overheard at GS.

Curious what complaints people have heard at GS or even just overheard people complaining to each other about while at Disney.

Hopefully this can stay humorous as it is intended for that purpose and not as a debate... just funny or unbelievable. :lovestruc

We were on BTM in the morning this past Feb. It was one of those cold mornings. The stand by line was about 15 mins and the FP line was was maybe a couple of mins. Coming down the final drop, the ride did seem to be a bit slower than normal. I don't know if it takes a while to heat up the tracks or they intentionally did this. The rest of the ride was fine. We were walking out behind a group who proceeded to go to the CM at the FP line and insist to be let back on the ride through the FP entrance since the ride was slower at the end. I had to stop to listen to this one. It went on for a good minute or 2 until the CM actually let them in the FP line. I think they just wore the CM down.

My husband once "complained" very politely at town hall because Carousel of Progress (one of our faves) was so run down (not outdated). He gave 5 specific things that needed to be fixed. He wasn't expecting anything except for the info to passed on and hopefully the repairs made, but they gave us free ice cream (dole whips!) for the five of us and I think fast passes too.

My husband once "complained" very politely at town hall because Carousel of Progress (one of our faves) was so run down (not outdated). He gave 5 specific things that needed to be fixed. He wasn't expecting anything except for the info to passed on and hopefully the repairs made, but they gave us free ice cream (dole whips!) for the five of us and I think fast passes too.

:dance3: Now there will be a stampede of complainers -just for the Dole whips and Fast Passes.

I don't know if this is a complaint but there was a woman who refused to ride Spaceship Earth with her child because there was no seatbelts.

It was so odd. :confused: Does any other parent regard Spaceship Earth as dangerous?

Maybe she thought, since it's an extremely common misconception, that it was a roller coaster, or at least a thrill ride.

Can't wait to read more, I'm going to love this thread! I haven't heard any really ridiculous ones myself.

We took our RV to FW a couple of years ago, there was a family camping in a tent beside us. That night it sounded as if the sky was falling from all the rain, well when we woke up the next morning we went outside to find the family in the tent demanding to a CM that Disney give them a hotel room for the rest of their stay, pay to dry clean their clothes and other items, oh and buy them an outfit to wear that day since their clothes were wet. Their reasoning (and yes this came from their mouth) is that DISNEY LET it rain on their vacation, therefore ruining their plans.

Hmmm yeah! I can see how that is Disney's fault. Someone probably forgot to submit the form for that day that promises sun and dry weather!

I HOPE that Disney didn't gave on that one!

We had breakfast reservation at Tusker House our first trip. We walked to the CM who had the clipboard to overhear a man yelling at her because he couldn't get in for EMH (it wasn't that park's day) with him telling her they promised he could get in early and her trying to explain to him how they system worked. He stormed off almost leaving the CM in tears. We walked up and tried to console her that some people can help but be jerks!

We took our RV to FW a couple of years ago, there was a family camping in a tent beside us. That night it sounded as if the sky was falling from all the rain, well when we woke up the next morning we went outside to find the family in the tent demanding to a CM that Disney give them a hotel room for the rest of their stay, pay to dry clean their clothes and other items, oh and buy them an outfit to wear that day since their clothes were wet. Their reasoning (and yes this came from their mouth) is that DISNEY LET it rain on their vacation, therefore ruining their plans.

Unbelievable!:sad2:

I've been known to complain about my teenager's attitude while at Disney. Does that count?:rotfl2:

That's funny -- I bet she got it mixed up with Mission Space.

This one is second/third/400th hand from a similar thread on the Dis Boards, but I think it is so funny: A guest at Beach Club was tearing into the front desk staff because they were not actually on the beach....of the Atlantic Ocean!!!!!

Unbelievable!:sad2:

I know we just stood their with our jaws on the ground. Took us a while to be able to move and when we did they were still arguing with the poor CM. My DH just keep repeating "some people". It takes all kinds I guess.

I know we just stood their with our jaws on the ground. Took us a while to be able to move and when we did they weres still argueing with the poor CM. My DH just keep repeating "some people". It takes all kinds I guess.

I'll bet CM's could write quite a book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter