Most memorable meal

Philagoofy

<font color=purple>Guess my favorite dog!<br><font
What is the first meal that comes to mind when asked what your most memorable or favorite at a Disney eatery? Doesn't have to be the restaurant you like the best & always eat at, but perhaps a great memory at one or something funny that happened.

Our best-ever WDW meal: Dinner at Le Cellier.

Most magical meal moment: Minnie sitting down at our table at Chef Mickey's breakfast and feeding our infant granddaughter her bottle.

Most fun meal: Hoo-Dee-Doo

I have two -

The first character meal I ever went to ... on our honeymoon. It was in the Grand Floridian with the Pooh characters. I felt like I was 5 all over again!

The first meal we ate on property with DS (then 8) was Mickey's Backyard BBQ. He was in just an awful mood until Goofy got a hold of him! :rotfl2: From that moment on, he became hooked on everything Disney!

50's Prime Time, about 15 years ago. DH and I went for a nice dinner (never been here before) and were seated in a little room with a larger party. Our Hostess introduced us to our "cousins" and told us to re-introduce ourselves since we have not seen each other in many years.

I started it off and said DH was from NJ and I was from Boston...well so were they, and they asked which part and I said Saugus they said Everett...well my mom grew up in Everett and still lives there I said, she graduated in 64, well so didnt one of the guys there...he said is your mom Rose XXXX and I said YES! How did you know, the guy said that I looked just like her at that age and he actually dated her in high school! And one of his sisters that was at the table dated my Uncle Ronnie!

We were dying with laughter the entire meal, they were telling me lots of stories about my mom and uncles and aunt....it was such a wild coincidence that we couldnt believe it! When we got back to the hotel (didnt have nice small cell phones to carry with us) I called my mom and she was in shock! Such a small world, if the 50's PT wasnt as cool as it is we never would have been introduced!

The one where my DD was 2.5 & potty training, got excited when she saw characters, & peed right in the middle of Chef Mickey's at Dinner. The CM/ Waitress was so nice & said it happens all the time! We booked an ADR for CM in Dec & Dec said "Don't worry Mommy, I'll go to the bathroom BEFORE we eat dinner this time"

Oh, my goodness! What a great story to read about! Imagine a sort of class reunion except with the next generation standing in for the original. Love reading about it.

My most memorable meal was in the late '70's when we took our preschool-aged sons to the Crystal Palace for a character breakfast. It was our first visit to WDW and had been advised by friends to be sure to go to the CP. Well, my little ones, at the time, had eyes as big as saucers when the Disney characters circulated to their table. It's fun even now to think upon how sweet and young and innocent my boys were then. I remember my youngest saying something like, (to the character), "If you want to come over to our house and play, you can."

Our first day at the MK on our first Disney Vacation as a family...we went to the Crystal Palace with our DD, then 6. She was so excited to see all the Disney characters and had as extended a conversation with each of them as their chaperones would allow...telling Tigger he was my favorite, et cetera. But the most memorable part was how we embarrassed my DH. My daughter and I went up to get dessert but everything looked so good we couldn't decide...so we decided to get one of everything and share! My husband was so embarrassed! We took a picture of the plates (there were two) and everytime we see that picture we bust out laughing. :rotfl2: It wasn't a waste, though, we finished it all! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It has since become a tradition at the Disney buffets for us to get one of each dessert...much to my husband's dismay. ;)

My most memorable was last Dec at O'Hana for dinner. I really wanted a pic with me and Lipoa but I could never seem to get her attention. So, our server told us to just sit there after we were done dinner and enjoy Wishes. She went and found Lipoa and I got that pic of her and me. It was such a nice gesture. The server was determined I should get that pic since it was our anniversary.

fave place narcoossee's

fave memory celebrating anniversary at the luau and dancing under the stars w DH

50's Prime Time, about 15 years ago. DH and I went for a nice dinner (never been here before) and were seated in a little room with a larger party. Our Hostess introduced us to our "cousins" and told us to re-introduce ourselves since we have not seen each other in many years.

I started it off and said DH was from NJ and I was from Boston...well so were they, and they asked which part and I said Saugus they said Everett...well my mom grew up in Everett and still lives there I said, she graduated in 64, well so didnt one of the guys there...he said is your mom Rose XXXX and I said YES! How did you know, the guy said that I looked just like her at that age and he actually dated her in high school! And one of his sisters that was at the table dated my Uncle Ronnie!

We were dying with laughter the entire meal, they were telling me lots of stories about my mom and uncles and aunt....it was such a wild coincidence that we couldnt believe it! When we got back to the hotel (didnt have nice small cell phones to carry with us) I called my mom and she was in shock! Such a small world, if the 50's PT wasnt as cool as it is we never would have been introduced!

What are the odds! There's no such thing as coincidence!

Hands-down most memorable experience was at CRT for lunch. It was DD's 7th birthday and she had been made into a princess at the BBB that morning. She even got to be the "honorary princess of the day" and lead all of the guests up the stairs - it was so magical I had tears in my eyes!

l_bc57e79504543d12ecd9574bed970877.jpg

I had requested a birthday cake ahead of time and she was so thrilled!!! (She LOVES attention) LOL!

l_749a3cbf167e5be91a2a17ed576fac58.jpg

Oh, and DS (5) was trying to act "cool" and uninterested in all of the girly princess stuff - that was, of course, until JASMINE came around!!! :love:

l_8827988df41ff9c56972be6e3850545f.jpg

It was the BEST day ever! DD thought I was the best mom in the world for having planned that day for her - now I just have to figure out how to top that this year! :goodvibes

l_baf815b7326567831523b2226aa41cec.jpg

Hands down was our 15th anny dinner at CG. Soooooo special and hopefully the 25th there this year will be even better. Other favs were the character b'fast at WL when Pooh was there (he's my favorite!!!!) and 50s PT when they harassed my kids about elbows on the table and such.

My DD's 7th bday breakfast @ CRT last year :)

I've told the story before but I'll gladly tell it again :) :) :)

We had a late breakfast ADR (10:20) @ CRT. DH had the day planned to do Epcot solo while I took our 2 girls to CRT :) We met Cinderella in the foyer and had our pictures taken :) My girls were so excited to see her! Then we were immediately whisked upstairs to our table which happened to be a window seat overlooking Fantasyland :goodvibes Our server was very gracious and presented DD with a signed Birthday certificate from all the princessesprincess: The princesses were abundant and very attentive (far more than @ Akershus the year before where we happened to have a corner table and were virtually ignored all dinner :( ) The meal was wonderful save for all the pork (eww... I don't *do* bacon/sausage/etc... and there was plenty of it :rotfl: ) Finally, they did the wishing ceremony.... older DD whose bday we were celebrating wished so very hard for something-I assumed it was the Cindy slipper dessert her sister had gotten the year before @ 1900 PF.... she opened her eyes and looked so disapppointed. I asked her what she wished for and she said a Sherbet Webkinz Bunny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I asked if there might be something ELSE she wanted like the slipper she'd talked about constantly since the year before... she said "OH Yea!" She closed her eyes tighter and wished so very hard.... meanwhile, UNPLANNED, came our server WITH THE SLIPPER DESSERT :wizard: :wizard: She put it down in front of DD while her eyes were still shut tight... when she opened them, everyone was singing happy birthday to her! It was so incredibly magical the way it all came together so perfectly :) :) :) I'll never forget it and she's still convinced her wish came true.... :goodvibes :goodvibes

My DD's 7th bday breakfast @ CRT last year :)

I've told the story before but I'll gladly tell it again :) :) :)

We had a late breakfast ADR (10:20) @ CRT. DH had the day planned to do Epcot solo while I took our 2 girls to CRT :) We met Cinderella in the foyer and had our pictures taken :) My girls were so excited to see her! Then we were immediately whisked upstairs to our table which happened to be a window seat overlooking Fantasyland :goodvibes Our server was very gracious and presented DD with a signed Birthday certificate from all the princessesprincess: The princesses were abundant and very attentive (far more than @ Akershus the year before where we happened to have a corner table and were virtually ignored all dinner :( ) The meal was wonderful save for all the pork (eww... I don't *do* bacon/sausage/etc... and there was plenty of it :rotfl: ) Finally, they did the wishing ceremony.... older DD whose bday we were celebrating wished so very hard for something-I assumed it was the Cindy slipper dessert her sister had gotten the year before @ 1900 PF.... she opened her eyes and looked so disapppointed. I asked her what she wished for and she said a Sherbet Webkinz Bunny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I asked if there might be something ELSE she wanted like the slipper she'd talked about constantly since the year before... she said "OH Yea!" She closed her eyes tighter and wished so very hard.... meanwhile, UNPLANNED, came our server WITH THE SLIPPER DESSERT :wizard: :wizard: She put it down in front of DD while her eyes were still shut tight... when she opened them, everyone was singing happy birthday to her! It was so incredibly magical the way it all came together so perfectly :) :) :) I'll never forget it and she's still convinced her wish came true.... :goodvibes :goodvibes

:goodvibes What a magical memory for your DD! Love it!

Mine is our Honeymoon - 16 years ago - June of 1992. We went to Narcoosee's. We saw everyone with these beers on little stands on the table. That looked fun - so we ordered a "Yard of Beer". THEN, out came these two TALL glasses (literally a yard tall) on wooden stands that they put on the floor next to our table. We were floored! Everyone in the restaruant watched as we drank these VERY TALL beers and laughed!

Most memorable is when DD got to walk Cinderella up the stairs to CRT. That was our second trip to Disney. My DD was only 4 years old.

My most magical food moment was having a cake and champagne reception on the balcony at the Grand Floridian right after our wedding. It was just perfect for us as a wedding celebration. We had a very small wedding at the wedding pavilion and everyone came and joined us for that celebration. A harpist played our wedding song and we danced on the balcony. (yes - summer wedding, tuxedo, 98 degrees - uggh!!) We usually go over and visit the GF every trip, and we always "sneak" out onto that balcony and relive the moment - at least in our minds.

Most memorable meal has to be V&As the day after our wedding. It was the first time we were addressed as Mr. & Mrs. other than during our wedding ceremony. Dinner was perfect (as expected) and I actually felt grown up for once! Of course, we were back in our Mickey ears the next day acting Goofy (pun intended), but that dinner is something we still talk about as one of the moments that symbolizes our beginnings.

Cinderella's Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian. We did this a couple of years ago, and prior to the meal my then 5yr old niece was "done" at the BBB. So she had the princess hairstyle, and her Cinderella outfit on. Cinderella showed her how real princesses put their gloves on, and Prince Charming asked her if he would be seeing her at the ball later. It was too cute!:goodvibes Plus the food was wonderful!

Ok, so this was obviously not my favorite meal or anything, but it was the funniest. Flame Tree Barbecue, I foolishly pick out a table that's not under any awning. So there we are, minding our own business when *PLOP*! A bird poops right on my mom's barbecued ribs. :laughing: Made me laugh all the way through the rest of lunch. To top it all off, as we were getting up to leave my brother exclaims, "Aww, man!" We look over and he's holding out his camera bag, which had been decorated with a big dollop of bird poo. If it would have happened to me, I wouldn't think it was funny, but since it was someone else, it was a riot! :rotfl2:

Btw, I'm not allowed to pick the table at Flame Tree anymore. :rolleyes1

Ok, so this was obviously not my favorite meal or anything, but it was the funniest. Flame Tree Barbecue, I foolishly pick out a table that's not under any awning. So there we are, minding our own business when *PLOP*! A bird poops right on my mom's barbecued ribs. :laughing: Made me laugh all the way through the rest of lunch. To top it all off, as we were getting up to leave my brother exclaims, "Aww, man!" We look over and he's holding out his camera bag, which had been decorated with a big dollop of bird poo. If it would have happened to me, I wouldn't think it was funny, but since it was someone else, it was a riot! :rotfl2:

Btw, I'm not allowed to pick the table at Flame Tree anymore. :rolleyes1

Oh - that fits into the topic! That is certainly a memorable meal!!:lmao: :lmao:

Thanks for the laugh - I will count that as my cardio for today!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter