• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most fun you could have on 20 bucks

With kids? Chuckecheese, we have tons of coupons so I'm sure we could have fun with $20 there. Okay maybe I would have fun there also.

Alone I would probably buy into my gyms poker night. It always looks like they are having so much fun.

1. Minigolf!
2. Bowling
3. Picnic and a hike, possibly a swim depending what state park we went to
4. Bicycling with an ice cream stop
5. A visit to the Botanical Garden
6. The zoo, a picnic and a snack
7. A visit to the nearest big downtown city with a stroll down one of the sightseeing streets and lunch
8. An afternoon movie
9. A trip to the local bookstore and Starbucks
10. A walk to the local ice cream place
11. A trip to the pool

Man I love living in Madison! :cloud9: We really have a lot of free/cheap things to do! The zoo is free, we have State Street, tons of parks around(city and state), lots of entertainment. Plus an hour drive to Wisconsin Dells!

Now if only we could change up the weather a bit...

We have free concerts in the local parks almost every night in the summer. A picnic or dessert and lawn chairs and we're all set.

A day at the pool.

Bowling, skating, 2nd run theater (only 1.50 on Tuesday), Game Works, Dave N Busters.

Free lectures at the Museum, library and Observatory.

If you live near a college campus, check out the calendar on the web. There are always cheap and free performances of every kind--usually open to the public.

We like to drive (just a few miles) to the Gulf and picnic on the beach. We pass by Little Caesers and grab a pizza ($5) and bring our own soda and water. There are also some beach bars where we could grab a single drink with the money left over.

Just a cheapo summer activity for my son and I. Have fun whatever you do.

:)

You win!!!! Although this is not a contest and I am not a judge.:love:

check to see if there is anywhere that does movies in the summer. We have movies in the park that are free. They start at sundown and we take a picnic dinner and lawn chairs and enjoy.

I went for pleasure on this budget last week. Got some bubble bath, candles, and body lotion with related smells. Did a candlelight aroma-delight. Had enough cash left for great chocolate. Leftover supplies for another evening when I have replenished my chocolate stash.

With the rest of my $20 I bought some coffee beans to try a new blend.

Generally, I think something with other people would be the best fun. But, a quiet, rejuvenating evening was just what I needed.

I love the ideas in this thread, this is great!

You could go hiking and rent a pedal boat at a local park.

Are you in Wheaton, IL? If so - the Arboretum. Hands down.

I have a small Groupon addiction. I also have an Android, with a Groupon app. Not a good combo. :rotfl: However, I have a lot of great, paid-for fun things to do this summer - and many things under $20. My fave is for a place in Oswego - kids can jump on the bounce house, mini golf for 4, pizza and pop for $20. We got 4 other families to buy it, as well, so we will all go together for a fun night out.

We have free concerts in the local parks almost every night in the summer. A picnic or dessert and lawn chairs and we're all set.

Downtown in our city there's a community area by the river that has a large amphitheater, fountain, lots of walking area, etc. and every Friday night they do "Rocking on the River" with a different tribute band. Then once a month there's a big festival like the Irish Fest, Italian Fest, Oktoberfest, you get my drift.

All the carny-types come an set up food carts and practically the whole city (and neighboring cities) come down.

It's all free except for the food carts & booze carts, of course. But I can get a beer, DH brings water & we can split a funnel cake and that'll last us the whole night between people-watching, seeing friends & chatting, looking at the merchandise vendors & listening to the music.

Our town has a movie theater in our town hall where the movies are $2! We have enough for popcorn and then go to our local dairy farm for the best ice cream ever!! We usually go home with money in our pockets!!

I found a thread about Geocaching on the Community Board. I mentioned it to dh and dd and they want to give it a try. It sounds like so much fun, and if you have access to a gps it seems like the biggest expense is gas. Depending on where you do your hunts, that could be nominal. I'm still learning about it though so Google it or search the DIS.

Try letter boxing!! :love:

For $10 I can pack a pretty crafty lunch. Than I'd grab DH and our 3 boys, slap on the camelbaks and hike a small mountain. Eat lunch at the top with the view. Some of our best family memories were made doing this.
Oh, the other $10? Gas...

Speaking from my own personal experience, about 3-4 months ago, I bought myself a used video game at GameStop for Playstation 2 (which I got hand me down from my son, oddly enough, after he got an xBox 360 for Christmas)... I've put in well in excess of 100 hours of playtime, and still haven't worn it out. Was a game from a series I enjoyed, but had just never had the chance to play this particular game. It cost me $9.99.

Knowing this, it kills me to see some people I know spend $5-10 at a time on some of the facebook games, to get some special items or what-not that provide some fifteen minutes of entertainment!

a babysitter where I could take my kids to her.

Then I could stay home with the husband!:love::love::love:[/QUOTE

Like This! Course DD is old enough to babysit finally, and we still never go out!

We like to go out to lunch while kids are at school. Usually use a coupon for B1G1 at our favorite Thai place or split a big burger at another fav spot! always less than $20 even with tip! Bonus no babysitter, no kids, lots less expensive than dinner out!

By myself, I would probably go to all the goodwills, thrift stores etc and see what books (the only way I buy them $1.29 each!), or other treasures I could find! Good clean fun and I try to donate back a box for of stuff for each stop! Sometimes I come home empty handed other times a crystal bowl for $1.99, brand new Dooney purse for $7.99 or a Bissell carpet cleaner for $19.99.

Yah I'm a bargain kinda gal!

I agree with a lot already here
- passes available at the local library
-check out all the sites like groupon, living social, etc etc
- "sporty" stuff - we love to spend a day kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, etc - just the cost of lunch and occasionally a park fee, depending on where we are headed

if you have kids, ask them about an ideal day, you may be surprised...my kids "ideal day" is rarely expensive - they want a trip to the local skate park, a sleepover, a family outing for ice cream, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter