Most Expensive trip ever

Under her screen name says Hawaii so that is about right for flights if you are lucky.

Right now I'm getting rates of $600 per out of New York on Jet Blue.

May just cancel and not waste the money.

Is that to MCO or are you talking about Hawaii. Just was a little confused:scratchin

We where very luck with my up coming girls only vacation. Flying out of regional airport in WI(MSN) to MCO then going to Anaheim(SNA) then to another regional airport closer to home CWA. All for $500 thought that was a great price. United is who we are flying.

Is that to MCO or are you talking about Hawaii. Just was a little confused:scratchin

We where very luck with my up coming girls only vacation. Flying out of regional airport in WI(MSN) to MCO then going to Anaheim(SNA) then to another regional airport closer to home CWA. All for $500 thought that was a great price. United is who we are flying.

JFK to MCO

I agree. Imagine the added cost if we paid for our rooms for our visits? We get to stay in beautiful accommodations and to me the monthly cost is worth the 2 weeks we go every summer. We do drive from RI so we don't pay airfare or car rental and that makes a difference.

Wish we could drive. DW only gets 5 days off at a time from work (hospital) so no way we can drive from CT

corpcomp said:

I never pay more than $250 per out of JFK. Keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

Mind you i am not complaining...for the wk of Thanksgiving 2011 we took our married children,spouses and 7 grand kids all considered adult..total of 13...most drove 5 flew in from Chicago..R/T.
we are DVC so they had rooms,went to the park/hoppers 5 days...ate at O'Hana's, Boma's, Teppen Edo, etc..
.the day at U both parks was nearly $2000....we paid for the gas and hotels going down,all food at parks and hotels..& airfare... each family were given $300 in gift cards
We were celebrating our 47th Ann...we had a great time...if anyone want ed to do something other than want we planned no problem...To this day i still haven't added it all up!!

Buzzsgramma said:
Mind you i am not complaining...for the wk of Thanksgiving 2011 we took our married children,spouses and 7 grand kids all considered adult..total of 13...most drove 5 flew in from Chicago..R/T.
we are DVC so they had rooms,went to the park/hoppers 5 days...ate at O'Hana's, Boma's, Teppen Edo, etc..
.the day at U both parks was nearly $2000....we paid for the gas and hotels going down,all food at parks and hotels..& airfare... each family were given $300 in gift cards
We were celebrating our 47th Ann...we had a great time...if anyone want ed to do something other than want we planned no problem...To this day i still haven't added it all up!!

Just got power and Internet back after 12 days here in CT thanks to sandy. If I were you I would not add it up either.

Bad news for us is that the school is talking about canceling spring break.2nd year in a row and three weeks lost to storms.

We are moving to Florida where it is safer.

PRmamiDEdos said:
I never pay more than $250 per out of JFK. Keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

It all depends on what time of year your are planning to fly. My a family and I can only go when school is on vacations so that means higher rates. This is what we are driving this year for Christmas. The drive is not that bad and it saves you a lot of money in the long run.

We have Disney down to a science,,,, so far. DVC helped our costs in a big way.

We bought resale, so it was half the price of direct. For what we paid for the points and our MF costs over the extent of the contract calculated together, it is about $1300 a year. And that is 250 points. With the points we have we use on 1 or 2 bedroom villas, so that we have a full kitchen to make our meals. And since we stay at disney we do not pay for transportation.

We alternate years on buying our park passes, there are 3 of us that need tickets (and 1 child under 3 that doesnt need passes as of now). we all have 7 no expiration passes, this year i am going to purchase the PAP on sale for our january and november trip. We usually only visit 3 parks each trip, november we will visit 4. That will finish my DW and DS' s tickets up, so they will have to buy tickets in 2014, and i will still have my 7 no expiration passes, because i used the PAP in 2013. So we are not overwhelmed with a big disney park pass bill each time we run out.

It is a 2 hr 30 min flight for us, so we do not need a comfortable flight. Spirit airlines is just fine for us and we have not paid over $80 each way yet (per person).

For a family disney vacation, I think $2500 - $3000 is well worth it. And everyone wonders how it is afforded every year, DVC was the key.

TheDalys said:

We bought resale, so it was half the price of direct. For what we paid for the points and our MF costs over the extent of the contract calculated together, it is about $1300 a year. And that is 250 points. With the points we have we use on 1 or 2 bedroom villas, so that we have a full kitchen to make our meals. And since we stay at disney we do not pay for transportation.

We alternate years on buying our park passes, there are 3 of us that need tickets (and 1 child under 3 that doesnt need passes as of now). we all have 7 no expiration passes, this year i am going to purchase the PAP on sale for our january and november trip. We usually only visit 3 parks each trip, november we will visit 4. That will finish my DW and DS' s tickets up, so they will have to buy tickets in 2014, and i will still have my 7 no expiration passes, because i used the PAP in 2013. So we are not overwhelmed with a big disney park pass bill each time we run out.

It is a 2 hr 30 min flight for us, so we do not need a comfortable flight. Spirit airlines is just fine for us and we have not paid over $80 each way yet (per person).

For a family disney vacation, I think $2500 - $3000 is well worth it. And everyone wonders how it is afforded every year, DVC was the key.

Add to that using Disney Visa Rewards dollars for food and it can become affordable.

Just found flights from Providence for $70. This helps as well

I learned a long time ago that if I was going to enjoy Disney, I mean REALLY enjoy it, I would have to shut my mouth and open my wallet. :thumbsup2

JasonDVC said:
Add to that using Disney Visa Rewards dollars for food and it can become affordable.

Canadians do not get to have the rewards of a disney visa :-(

Wow - just looked - $1750 for three out of JFK for Spring Break. Can go lower but would have to fly at about 7pm at night. Waste of a day.

corpcomp said:
Wow - just looked - $1750 for three out of JFK for Spring Break. Can go lower but would have to fly at about 7pm at night. Waste of a day.

I feel your pain that is way we drive from New York. The flights are way to much when the kids are out of school. The drive I not that bad we have done it twice in the last two years with two kids under the age of four.

[QUOTE="] Can go lower but would have to fly at about 7pm at night. Waste of a day.[/QUOTE]

While I agree it's a waste of day, if I'm going for 1 week, I don't mind "losing a day" if I'm getting the flights for essentially half price.

And everyone wonders how it is afforded every year, DVC was the key.

Just checked Spirit. Cheapest was $1704 for three from NYC. But we are going Spring Break mid April so we get hit by the airlines.

Would drive but DW only gets 5 days max off from her job at any one time so driving 1100 miles is impossible. When DS goes to college next year we will start going as a empty nest couple and go in late September when the rates are the lowest.

He intends to apply for an internship in Disney so maybe that will help.

corpcomp said:
Just checked Spirit. Cheapest was $1704 for three from NYC. But we are going Spring Break mid April so we get hit by the airlines.

Would drive but DW only gets 5 days max off from her job at any one time so driving 1100 miles is impossible. When DS goes to college next year we will start going as a empty nest couple and go in late September when the rates are the lowest.

He intends to apply for an internship in Disney so maybe that will help.

Ya i guess the time of year can increase the price. We are going in january (4 adults 1 seated child), total price with bags $889. I booked them late July. And 1 week after i booked the price went down $10 a person (figures). I think in 2014 we are going to go in a busier season, so i will keep an eye on flight prices all year.

Thought I'd pop by & say Hi:wave2:

We're finding Disney holidays more & more expensive too - we have two Teenagers also, 1 at University 1 due to go in Sept.

However this year we're only at Disney for 9 nights (normally about 16) as we're saving money by staying with my Brother 1st, guess where -Wilton Conneticut - could you wear your lime green Mickey head around town for the last week in August:lmao:

We managed to get flights from JFK to MCO for $82 each - booked in Nov though (I think we still have to pay extra for luggage on top), out of your holiday season I guess as early Sept.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter