Most Clueless/Funny Thing you Have Heard in WDW

Squirlz said:
I'm afraid I disagree....

(c'mon, someone had to do it)
Yeah, I do too - I was just ignoring it because this is such a funny thread and that post just wasn't funny. Most of these posts bring tears to my eyes. I wish I had one to tell. :goodvibes

The last time that my dad and I went, we were looking for the enterance to something (I don't remember what anymore). He spotted it first and said, "We need to go in there, where the bald guy just went."

I said "The one with red hair?" :rolleyes1

I'm sooo smart :thumbsup2

I'll tell on myself...

A couple of years ago, my aunt was driving the two of us from our resort to Citrico's for dinner. To get there, of course, you have to go through the main MK/TTC parking booth plaza. We explained that we had dinner "reservations" and were waved through with a smile and an, "enjoy your dinner, ladies!" Ten minutes and a near-hernia from laughing at ourselves later, we pulled up to the SAME GUY to ask for directions to the GF, having missed our turn completely.

This is the same aunt with whom I once circled through the parking complex at the Philadelphia airport for no less than 1/2 hour, desperately seeking the exit to the Interstate. We seem to leave our brains at home when we're on vacation! :sunny:

She is also one of the clueless hordes who calls MK "Disney." Not even "Disney World," just "Disney." *sigh* During my neverending attempts to edumacate her, she informs me that she's old and set in her ways, and I should just ignore her. :rotfl:

MHopkins2 said:
I'll tell on myself...

She is also one of the clueless hordes who calls MK "Disney." Not even "Disney World," just "Disney." *sigh* During my neverending attempts to edumacate her, she informs me that she's old and set in her ways, and I should just ignore her. :rotfl:

Come on, now. In my world all things Disney are just "Disney." It's a bit like ordering a Coke in the South.

ME (Yankee): I'll have a Coke.
Waitress: What kind?
Me: Um, the Coke kind?

heatherfeather24 said:
Come on, now. In my world all things Disney are just "Disney." It's a bit like ordering a Coke in the South.

ME (Yankee): I'll have a Coke.
Waitress: What kind?
Me: Um, the Coke kind?
Heh. Yeah, I remember that from when I lived in New Orleans. Good times.

But at any rate, referring to everything at the World as "Disney" makes more sense than just MK, IMO. True story sample conversation:
Uncle: "Did you girls have fun at Epcot today?"
Aunt: "No, we went to Disney today instead. Epcot's tomorrow."
:rotfl:

MHopkins2 said:
Heh. Yeah, I remember that from when I lived in New Orleans. Good times.

But at any rate, referring to everything at the World as "Disney" makes more sense than just MK, IMO. True story sample conversation:
Uncle: "Did you girls have fun at Epcot today?"
Aunt: "No, we went to Disney today instead. Epcot's tomorrow."
:rotfl:

DOH! Now I get it. That IS funny! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not at WDW, but at my work this week.
My boss and his in laws (all of them) are going to WDW this Sept.

My co-worker and I are avid Disney fans of course. Our boss was telling us how much his 3 year old son loves the Power Rangers. I said, "Hey, are you going to take him to see them when you are at WDW?" His reply, "No, we aren't going to that park, we are going to the Disney parks."

My co-worker and I just about fell off our chairs!
I then explained that they are at MGM, not Universal....

Lisa

After specrto before wishes one night, the lady standing next to me began a conversation. She was telling me about her 15 y/o son and he was the only reason they went to disney even though he wanted to go universal, and how ungrateful he was, blah blah blah. Complaining about everything!

But she began to talk about strollers and said..."I don't even get why people bring their small children here".......

tgiving cruisers said:
if you are not in a rush to make a reservation, you should try a random act of kindness(let him go ahead). you would be surprised how good it will make you feel.
For the record I was at the front of the line about to purchase the pin & that is when I heard the people still waiting tell him no. Besides even if I could I still would not have let him cut in line because when it comes to pins I want to make sure I can still get mine & back then every limited edition pin was selling out in like 2-3 hours, so that is why other people did not let him cut the line because if he had purchased 2 pins (which is the limit for limited edition pins) those could have made the difference for people waiting at the back at the line because they were going to sell out very fast which they did. How would you feel after waiting in line for that pin & you let the person go in front of you & it turned out he purchased the pin availabe? So in this situation cutting the line would have made a difference.

That Disney is only for kids and adults wouldn't have fun there. :confused3

I too have been known to make reference to Normandy when leaving the Norway movie that you can see after you ride Maelstrom!

My family also caused some confusion for folks while on Disney property. In AK we decided to ride Kali River Rapids. The day wasn't too hot and it was looking like it was going to sprinkle at any moment so we decided ponchos would be a good idea. We pulled ours out of our packs and put them on... (Now, we were being a bit thrifty. Not too long before our trip we had gone to Niagara Falls, Canada and gone on Maid of the Mist... So we saved our ponchos from there, rather than having to purchase new ones in WDW.) After we had exited Kali River Rapids we kept the ponchos on because it was raining... My cousin had put hers on inside-out, so many people were having trouble reading it! However, my aunt, uncle, and I were wearing ours correctly... We heard several people walking by wondering aloud where the Maid of the Mist ride was. One group even pulled out all of their park maps, searching for it!

bubba73 said:
That Disney is only for kids and adults wouldn't have fun there. :confused3

:rotfl2: :rolleyes:
This One LINE gets me ALL the time!!!!!!!!
I am so glad we here on Dis are Enlightened!!!! :thumbsup2

When we were getting off of Splash a group of teenaged boys ran up to the stand by line. One of the boys said, "I am not waiting in this long line. Let's go over to that "space mountain", that line can't possibly be this long." I tried to warn them, but they were off in a flash.

Man asks bus driver where ESPN Club is. Bus driver tells him at Boardwalk. Man walking to back of bus says to wife "I guess we'll have to go over to that Grand Floridian hotels boardwalk to find it."

I drove my DH nuts as I set him straight and even told him how to get there.
Don't know if the guy got there or not cause he looked at me as if I was crazy for trying to tell him he was wrong. :rolleyes1

Ok, so I'm one of "those" Disney freaks...
I was taking a stoll around the park this morning, when I walked by two ladies who were talking about the movies. One said, "I want to go see that new 'Hedge' movie. You know, the new Disney one."
No, I didn't say anything -- I thought about these boards, and just kept a-walkin'!! She must have been the same lady who was looking for Shrek at MGM...

The most clueless thing was last week from a CM at the POP front desk. I asked for directions to AKL because we had reservations at Boma.He proceeds to tell me that I can't drive there. Tries to get me to use the bus system. You know, go to a park, then to AKL, to a park and then back to POP. I just laughed for a minute and said "What , they don't allow cars at AKL?" He says , "No, mam." I ask to find out from someone else. Another CM comes over. He explains it to her. She laughed at him too. Poor kid! Anyway, she gives me a map with directions and I am on my way. DH and I laughed about this all week

This is one of my favorite people just don't get it moments...

At work I walk on breaks with several people for exercise, generally five or six of us walk around outside the building for fifteen minutes twice a day. One lady at work just does not get why we go to WDW at all, as it cannot be that differnt and had two of us in stitches for the rest of the afternoon a month or so ago.

I was talking about my upcoming trip in May and the new ride Everest which had been on TV as we walked. Lady from work says she is taking her grandkids to one of the those small carnival things they set up in shopping malls in the spring and summer. She then proceeds to tell me I should save my money and just go to the carnival as it is just as good as Disney.... :rotfl2:

I looked at another lady walking with us and we just went into hysterical laughter making Carnival visiting lady very mad. Now when we talk about Disney we joke about going to a carnival.... :sunny:

Ever think that maybe, sometimes, folks say things like that knowing someone is listening? Especially when they are speaking very loudly.

I love saying very way out weird things in a very self assured way when I know folks are paying attention to my converstaions. Always cracks me up inside to sneak a peek at them to see they are trying to hold back busting out laughing. Maybe the jokes on me, but could be its on them. :)

EPCOT stands for environmentally protected company of tommorrow. :)

paulmc80 said:
Ever think that maybe, sometimes, folks say things like that knowing someone is listening? Especially when they are speaking very loudly.

I love saying very way out weird things in a very self assured way when I know folks are paying attention to my converstaions. Always cracks me up inside to sneak a peek at them to see they are trying to hold back busting out laughing. Maybe the jokes on me, but could be its on them. :)

EPCOT stands for environmentally protected company of tommorrow. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My DS12 and I love to do this when we hear people "technically" talking at the parks. We love to try to find the "giant golf ball thingy" when we're at EPCOT. At MGM, while waiting in line, we always talk about being able to rent a room in TOT. We get the strangest :crazy: looks and have a good laugh. :lmao:

It's good to laugh at yourself!! :rotfl2:

My dd and I were in the Magic Kingdom waiting for Wishes to start right in front of the Castle. A woman and her friend came running out into the middle of the street and one of them is turning around in circles looking all over the place with her hands in the air saying "Wheres the Castle, Wheres the Castle!!! We were hysterical. I tapped her on the shoulder and told her its that big tall white building right there! My dd and I were crying it was so funny, and to this day we still look at eachother and say "Wheres the Castle???!!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter