Most Clueless/Funny Thing you Have Heard in WDW

dhcoffey said:
My DH and I were riding the bus one evening past MGM with ToT all lit up. A lady across from us told her daughter, look, it's the back of Cinderella's castle. :confused3 :goodvibes

must be the servant's entrance

I didn't hear anything too funny last week when I went but it was just amazing how you can spend so much on a vacation and not know anything about WDW or even Disney! During the Share a Dream Come True parade one lady told her kid that the blue fairy was Tinkerbell, I saw a mom telling her kids that they weren't going to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures because it was a rollercoaster, somebody telling their family that they weren't going to do fast pass (stand by line was 45 min.) because they would have to wait in line for an hour I guess they didn't realize that you aren't waiting in line for an hour, and somebody saying they needed to find a place to sit for Fantasmmic when they were in MK! It just kills me how some people don't plan it all when you have our family who has everyday planned out 3 months before we go!

We were standing in the Hall of President's gift shop when a woman came in after a bird pooped on her and saw the following exchange:

W: Do you sell shirts here? (as a rack is right behind her)
CM: Yes, and they also sell them on Main Street
W: Where's that?
CM: That is where you came in.
W: No, I didn't see Main Street. I must have come in a different entrance.

Second favorite had to be the person who called Norway Normandy. Now instead of saying we're going to Norway, we say we are storming Normandy

:Pinkbounc My son is in the Summer College Program and while he was training at a food cart in Epcot 2 days ago, someone asked him what size the foot long hot dogs were! :Pinkbounc

KJHawley said:
I noticed that too! It's a typo anyone could make, but it's particularly funny in a forum like this. For example:

"I've got a Hidden Mickey in my hair!"
"That's the last time I use the resort's little bottles of shampoo!"
"I wear my mouse ears on the inside."
"I don't know why, but my cat keeps biting my head!"
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

IMGONNABE40! said:
This thread makes me glad I will be going solo...no one to make "clueless" comments to. :sad2:

Some of these are just mean. Does it really give you a charge to hear people mispronounce words?? Is it that big of a deal to call MK Disney World?? :confused3 If you were plopped down in the midst of 47 square miles of unfamiliar territory, would you know where everything was, what everything was called or how to navigate perfectly?

i agree 100%. it almost makes me afraid to post sometimes.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
A few years ago I was standing in line at 8:00 AM to purchase at the Contemporary pin station to purchase that years New Years Day pin. I was right at the front so I knew I would get mine & I remember the line getting longer & longer. Well this guy who was in the back screamed "I have a reservation for CRT in like 10 minutes, can I please go to the front of the line"? Well of course everyone said no wait your turn like everyone else, because it's 1st come 1st serve & the guy should have got there just a few minutes earlier & I just thought it was funny that he asked to cut the line. I wish I had told him, there also selling this pin at the Magic Kingdom so you should be able to get it there, but it was not my problem.
if you are not in a rush to make a reservation, you should try a random act of kindness(let him go ahead). you would be surprised how good it will make you feel.

This thread makes me glad I will be going solo...no one to make "clueless" comments to.

Some of these are just mean. Does it really give you a charge to hear people mispronounce words?? Is it that big of a deal to call MK Disney World?? If you were plopped down in the midst of 47 square miles of unfamiliar territory, would you know where everything was, what everything was called or how to navigate perfectly?

I agree too.

Some of the comment are funny/clueless... like "How long is a foot long hot dog?", "What is in the hall of Presidents?". :rotfl: I have to say though, I found the Fastpass system confusing the first time I used it, the monorails too. :confused3

I have heard alot of funny things from people in the parks, but for fear of being called a big meanie, I have decided to make fun my myself:

When the Segway tours first came out at Epcot, I admit, for a moment, that I thought I could rent one for the whole day!!! :confused3 I thought "Hey, how cool, segwaying around while all the poor slobs were walking :lmao:
Where do I sign up?!?!?! :goodvibes

We all do dumb things, right? :wave2: :dance3:

tgiving cruisers said:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!
This thread makes me glad I will be going solo...no one to make "clueless" comments to.

Some of these are just mean. Does it really give you a charge to hear people mispronounce words?? Is it that big of a deal to call MK Disney World?? If you were plopped down in the midst of 47 square miles of unfamiliar territory, would you know where everything was, what everything was called or how to navigate perfectly?

i agree 100%. it almost makes me afraid to post sometimes.

Why is there always someone on ever post. Blah Blah Blah

We were at MGM and a tired lady and her kid sat down at the table next to us...The Dad said to them, that he would be back as they find where the Mummy Ride is.. :sunny:

It was Palm Sunday in 2005 and majorly packed in Epcot. We had fast passes DH, my two grandsons and myself were in the TT FP Return Line. A really mad looking guy in the stand by line yelled at us as we went by "Get in line and wait your turn like everyone else" as we walked by him.... :sunny:

Adora said:
Why is there always someone on ever post. Blah Blah Blah

:thumbsup2 ;)
a good hint i have written down and stickey paper posted to my computer about the dis... it says..."if not interested , do not open thread"....really a pretty simple concept that saves me hours of aggravation free browsing :surfweb: :goodvibes

:laundy:
in honor of my new dryer and washer to replace the dead ones but that used some of my" disney" money

littlebigdog said:
Riding the bus we made a quick stop at Blizzard Beach to see if anyone wanted on.

A woman next to us told her family..."Look at that big slide, It SHOOTS you off the end, but I don't know where you land!"

She was talking about Summit Plummet where the water shoots off the end of the PRETEND ski jump. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What's wrong with this??? I tell me 7 year old that all the time. Unless she wasn't joking..............

DISUNC said:
During our 2003 trip we went on SPLASH MOUNTAIN!
A man & his wife (who is dressed to the hilt, high heels, hair full of mouse...etc) sit behind us in the log.
She says to her husband, "I hope this isn't one of those WET rides"
.....and the end of the ride she was DRENCHED & screaming at her husband!

We had many laughs over this.....UNTIL

During our 2004 trip we went on SPLASH MOUNTAIN!
Another man & his wife (who is also dressed to the hilt, high heels, hair full of mouse...etc) sit behind us in the log.
She says to her husband, "I hope this isn't one of those Water rides"!!!!!!!!!!!
.....and the end of the ride she was DRENCHED & screaming at her husband!

Needless to say in 2005...we were very disappointed that a woman who is dressed to the hilt NEVER sat behind us! :rolleyes1

These people are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did they miss all the signs saying "You will get wet :rotfl2: !!".

I'm curious to see how many DISers would agree with the following statement:

"It's okay to have differences of opinion. However, if you disagree with someone, just keep it to yourself- otherwise, you might offend or upset the person you're disagreeing with."

Most clueless remark I heard was by a woman standing outside the Beach Club - she said to her husband "We can take the water taxi from here to Magic Kingdom" and pointed to the water. It was the fact she said it with such authority - if she had said "I think we can..." I might have politely helped her out.

oooh oooh I have a couple

A few years ago, heard a lady tell her companion that the Yacht and Beach club is where people take their private boats.

Last trip in January, 2006 on the bus from Boardwalk to one of the parks, a little girl asks her mother "what's that" pointing to the Tower of Terror. Her mom answers that's just one of the hotels - :rotfl2: (just don't use the elevator!!

KJHawley said:
I'm curious to see how many DISers would agree with the following statement:

"It's okay to have differences of opinion. However, if you disagree with someone, just keep it to yourself- otherwise, you might offend or upset the person you're disagreeing with."

I'm afraid I disagree....

(c'mon, someone had to do it)

IMGONNABE40! said:
This thread makes me glad I will be going solo...no one to make "clueless" comments to. :sad2:

Some of these are just mean. Does it really give you a charge to hear people mispronounce words?? Is it that big of a deal to call MK Disney World?? :confused3 If you were plopped down in the midst of 47 square miles of unfamiliar territory, would you know where everything was, what everything was called or how to navigate perfectly?

I'd wager that more people call it "Disney World" than the "Magic Kingdom". People having less knowledge of the resort than people who are huge fans who spend hours reading and researching isn't particularly funny in and of itself. It really comes off as condescending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter