Mosquito's?

wic0721

DIS Veteran
How bad are the mosquito's at Disney World in July? We leave in a week, and I've never been in July before.

Do I need to pack bug spray?

We've been there at many different months but now we go down during the fall and have not had any problems. Love bugs are a bigger problem. They can cover some walls. They don't bite but are a nuisance!:surfweb:

We've been there at many different months but now we go down during the fall and have not had any problems. Love bugs are a bigger problem. They can cover some walls. They don't bite but are a nuisance!:surfweb:

Oh yeah, I've experienced the love bugs...so nasty! :scared1:

I've been in April/May, and Sept/Oct/Nov timeframes, but never during the summer months, so I wasn't sure.

The only time we had a problem with mosquito's was at the Wilderness Camp grounds at night when we watched the outdoor movie.

In 5 trips in the past 5 years we've gone in May, June, Sept and Oct. I've always been amazed that we've never had a problem with mosquitoes...until this last trip over Memorial weekend. All of us got a few bites.

Bullfrog has a sunscreen + bug repellent. We started spraying a bit on at night too and it helped.

regards

OFF! Deep Woods makes a great little individually packaged towelette that's easy to carry in your bag.:thumbsup2 In all of our years of trips we've only encountered mosquitoes a few times in WDW - and only in the evening - but since we've lost a family member to West Nile, we never take chances - those little packets could be life savers!

Never had a problem until the time we came back at night on the boat instead of the monorail - OMG the mosquitoes were covering every square inch of the boat - all over the seating and everywhere, we always get the monorail back at night now. Don't know if this is often a problem or if it was a one off but it put us off.

I have never had a problem IN THE PARKS. But at AKV pool, mosquitoes were a problem due to the nearby swamp.

Later,
Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter