Mosquitoes in DL and ? about tap water

quest4dl

DIS Veteran
I haven't read any posts about mosquitoes in DL. Will we need mosquito repellent at this time of year?

How is the tap water in Anaheim? I'm not extremely particular and usually ask for tap water vs. bottled water in restaurants. Is it drinkable?

I'm fairly sure they spray for bugs, b/c I've never even seen a fly there.

Though there was a spider on the door of the "bank", now that I think about it...but I guess if they allow spiders, there won't be many other bugs.

I found there to be nothing wrong with the water we got at any restaurants, either table or counter.

I haven't read any posts about mosquitoes in DL. Will we need mosquito repellent at this time of year?

How is the tap water in Anaheim? I'm not extremely particular and usually ask for tap water vs. bottled water in restaurants. Is it drinkable?

I have never had a problem with mosquitos

LA is so dry, and June is early for Summer, and we've never noticed any mosquitos this time of year.

As for the water, it's not the best-tasting tap water, but we always ask for it in restaurants (we dont drink soda).

Have a great trip!

We do not have bugs in Southern California. :cool1: We have lived here all our lives and only use mosquito repellent when we go to Florida. You are not likely to be anywhere where mosquitos would be an issue.

If you are worried about the taste of the drinking water, you could always bring Crystal Light or Kool-aid "to go" packets and mix it into your water bottle (you might get some strange looks doing this with the water at restaurants though :rotfl2: )

And I've never gotten a mosquito bite at DL (and mosquitoes love my blood).

When I lived in So Cal we never had skeeters except in the mountains or lake areas.

As for the drinking water...it all depended from town to town.

Early in May, we stayed at the DL Hotel and the water was fine right out of the bathroom tap. But the place we ate that was next to the Hotel pool had such FOUL tasting water that it ruined the sodas we ordered. Not one of us could drink our sodas as they were stinky. I don't know if it was high sulfur content or what.

We took bottled waters with us into the park, so I don't know how the water tasted in there. I have heard the water at the first aid station is filtered.

That was our experience, hope it helps.

I think the climate is too dry for mosquitoes in Southern CA. The water however, is gross... in my opinion. I love ice water... but could NOT force myself to drink it anywhere in Anaheim. It tastes "thick" to me. My kids never complained though!

Hated the tap water at DL, blech. I didn't even want to rinse my mouth with it after brushing my teeth at GCH. We ordered bottled water with our grocery delivery to the hotel.

Well I live in the Chicagoland area and there already swarms of flying things all about! No bugs/mosquitoes in DL - I think this should go into the differences between WDW and DL post! :rotfl:

Well I live in the Chicagoland area and there already swarms of flying things all about! No bugs/mosquitoes in DL - I think this should go into the differences between WDW and DL post! :rotfl:

I agree -- it's a "tiny" but very important difference! I didn't even think about this when I was considering spending part of July in WDW!!!

The tap water is tolerable, but we always ask for a lemon wedge when we have water at restaurants.

I don't really like our tap water in Orange County. I would bring crystal light or something similar with you.

And I don't even really notice mosquitos outside of the park?

Just back. No mosquito bites reported for a family of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter