Moroccan Oil...Do you use it?

I use the One n Only Argan Oil and it's fantastic. My stylist uses the real deal on me and I honestly can't tell a difference between the two. I'm usually fairly picky about hair products, too.

Do you guys put it on your hair when it's wet or dry.

Either/or. If I plan on straightening my hair, I run a bit through it dry. Usually when I leave it curly, I put it on when my hair is damp.

What is its purpose? I am not familiar with it but it seems it might belOng in my hair care repertoire.

It repairs damage done to your hair
It restores shine and life
It helps to protect your hair from future damage
Helps to prevent breakage
Is safe for all hair types
Can be used to prolong the life of your color
Control Frizzy Hair

Do you guys put it on your hair when it's wet or dry.

I comb it into my dry hair when wanting a smooth ponytail or updo or back bun. I have alot of baby fuzz at my temples and I'm quite impressed that just a couple drops and then comb back really does make a diffierence.

Also, note that the Josie Maran argan oil (not the hair serum but the oil) is 100% argan oil. The Moraccan Oil and the One 'n Only have argan oil as one of the ingredients. Don't use the hair products on your face. But you can use the Josie Maran 100% argan oil on your face.
Do you know if they sell the Josie Maran brand at Sally's?

Wet. I use about a dime size drop. My hair is just past my shoulders.
Oh man. This is going to be a problem for me.lol. I have really thick hair and any hair product I've ever used calls for a dime size or quarter size drop. Yeah, a quarter size works for my hair...if you're talking about a handful of quarters.;) I remember buying a bottle of John Frieda's Frizz Ease serum. You know that little, itty, bitty bottle. Says to use a dime size dollop. Meh. My hair must be impervious to this stuff. I could have dumped the whole bottle on my head and it wouldn't help a bit.LOL. It's going to be hard to restrain myself, but I'll try.:thumbsup2

way to much money and for what reason. You are a victem of some great advertizing. I have heard 100 years ago a family member went around and sold oil door to door i think it was snake oil or something but he never charged that much.

way to much money and for what reason. You are a victem of some great advertizing. I have heard 100 years ago a family member went around and sold oil door to door i think it was snake oil or something but he never charged that much.

Well that depends on what you believe this product can do!

It's true, that once you damage your hair, there is no way to get rid of it other than cutting it. Once your hair is visable above the scalp, it is dead. No blood supply, no nerves, so no way to regenerate itself.

What this oil can do is make you hair look and feel healthier. It "hides" the damage. It can help prevent further damage to the hair. It's great for the skin too!

I don't have any Moroccan oil right now, but have used it fairly recently. It has a pleasant scent, makes my hair feel and look great, and is wonderful on dry, winter skin.

So, if we "suckers" want to spend the money on our "snake oil", that is our decision. If we are happy with the results, it is money well spent!

yes, i have personally used Moroccon Oil for my hair. It is light, non-greasy, and does not weigh your hair down. It did seem to strenghten and condition my hair. I was so pleased that it did not make my hair greasy but smooth. it is really difficult to get it, most of the oils available on net are bogus, so unless you are sure about it, dont go for it

Do you know if they sell the Josie Maran brand at Sally's?

Oh man. This is going to be a problem for me.lol. I have really thick hair and any hair product I've ever used calls for a dime size or quarter size drop. Yeah, a quarter size works for my hair...if you're talking about a handful of quarters.;) I remember buying a bottle of John Frieda's Frizz Ease serum. You know that little, itty, bitty bottle. Says to use a dime size dollop. Meh. My hair must be impervious to this stuff. I could have dumped the whole bottle on my head and it wouldn't help a bit.LOL. It's going to be hard to restrain myself, but I'll try.:thumbsup2

No, OP, seriously! My hair is sooooo ridiculously thick and down past my shoulders. I mean it is THICK THICK. And I still just use like 3 drops. I put them in my palm, rub my hands together and then run it all through my wet hair. If you try to use a quarter's worth or more you are gonna look all kinds of greasy-headed LOL!

I love moroccan oil, i have used it for a year and i have long color treated hair and it makes it so healthy looking and shiny.

I'm doing the keratin treatments at the salon now. I just had my 3rd one done. OMG. I don't even have to use any kind of conditioner anymore. I used to have very curly hair with a lot of frizz (and terrible knots when I had to comb out after a shampoo). While my hair is not perfectly straight, I could now go out without flat ironing if I wanted to. And the knots are no more!!!

I'm getting this done for the first time next week - I'm so excited! :dance3::woohoo:

I've never used Moroccan oil, but I have used just plain olive oil. If you're concerned about it making your hair oily, you can mix a drop or two (or a big glob if you have hair like Kycha's ;)) with a palm full of conditioner before you apply it.

one of friends my had gone for BKT but after some time her hair started falling out to the point where she had a bald spot, ultimately she had to go for a steroid injection treatment done to her scalp. i had told her that it might be some allergic reaction to the treatment.. i am so scared after the whole incident that i am sticking to my Moroccon oil only

Real Moroccan oil is 100% Argan oil & only comes from Africa.

We bought several bottles back from our last trip & it is wonderful. We still buy it from the shop in Africa.

The items I've looked at in the U.S. have very little if any of the real stuff.

Holy schmoly! I knew I shouldn't have looked this up...I wanted to know where the oil comes from (what the heck is an Argan anyway?). It's a tree...indiginous to Morocco. Apparently very rare and on the endangered species list. The oil comes from the pits of the fruit that grows in the tree.

Wanna know how they get the pits?

For modern times, the Berbers (indigenous people of Morocco) of this area would collect undigested argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. The pits were then ground and pressed to make the nutty oil used in cooking and cosmetics. However, the oil used in cosmetic and culinary products available for sale today has most likely been harvested and processed with machines in a verifiably clean and sanitary way.

Most likely??? Really hope so!

I use Moroccan oil & really like it. I've had the bottle for over a year now. I put my palm over it, tip the bottle over, and then right it again. This leaves a smallllll circle of oil on my palm. I rub my palms together & then run them through my towel-dried hair. It has made an improvement in my hair - more shiny. I have thick hair that goes past my shoulders... and I color it.

Holy schmoly! I knew I shouldn't have looked this up...I wanted to know where the oil comes from (what the heck is an Argan anyway?). It's a tree...indiginous to Morocco. Apparently very rare and on the endangered species list. The oil comes from the pits of the fruit that grows in the tree.

:lmao:

At least this stuff's only going on your hair! There's a coffee that is extracted from animal waste -- kopi luwak. :scared1::scared1:

I Love Morrocan Oil. I own a salon and they now have added a pump to make it more user friendly!

I started out with Moroccan oil 18 mos ago and when I was out of it 9 mos later I switched to One and Only when I was done. I love it and with the switch we can all One N Only.

DH has thick dry greying hair and it does wonders for it. Mine is color-treated and drinks it up. My kids both swim competitively and DD's hair does so well with it and it counters a lot of the chlorine damage. The only issue is DS who has very thick but very fine hair and it makes his hair greasy.

The highest quality actually is used in cooking similar to our extra virgin olive oil. The lower quality is for beauty.....
The women use it on their faces and some have just amazing skin, they also use it on stretch marks.

Here is a photo of a women extracting the oil.

100_2463.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter