Morning sickness...

locolala

<font color=royalblue>Ketchup doesn't belong in yo
Does anyone know any good remedies for morning sickness? I have an RX for Zofran, but I'm trying to avoid it because it causes some other stomach/intestine issues that I'm not too fond of. I have Bonine, which is something similar to Dramamine, my doc recommended it. It helps some, but I'm really trying to avoid meds in general, because I have to take my pain meds and that's enough for me. I have peppermints, but all they make me think of is being sick because the only time I suck on hard mints is when I'm sick! Anyhow, any other good remedies? I'm getting really tired of this, and I've lost 7 lbs since last week!

Have you tried the preggie pops or preggie drops? The motherhood maternity store here has them. I didn't end up needing them, but I remember spotting them and telling DH that if I ever felt bad, that was where he was to go, immediately. I had some Zofran from the anesthesia for getting pregnant, and I did take one. I didn't have any side effects from that, but it sounds like you have some previous experience.

I tried it all and nothing worked for me. Unfortunately I had a job I *had* to go to everyday and I couldn't function. So my doc gave me a prescription for Pheregan suppositories. I broke then in half and used a half dose a day. While the nausea wasn't totally eradicated, it was gone enough for me to function and I didn't get sick from the meds because, well, they went in the other end!

B6/Unisom combo works wonders. My Doctor ok'd it as do many others. I would take 25mg of B6 with 1/2 Unisom (the orginal tablet NOT the gel) at night and again around 11AM if I needed it. My MS was more from 1PM on, peaking around 6-7PM so I took it later in the day and then at night. Sometimes I'd take 50mg and a full Unisom at night and wouldn't need anything during the day.

Check with your doc but most ok it.

Early in my pregnancies, the only thing that would settle my stomach was Lay's potato chips, eaten very, very slowly.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I swear the only thing I kept down with all my children was ramen noodles, saltine crackers, and HOT HOT chicken broth, maybe chicken noodle soup if I was feeling adventurous.

Morning, afternoon and night sickness absolutely put me under, and I had my kids when they wouldn't give any meds. Think bland, white salty foods. No, they aren't too good for you, but, take your vitamins and you'll be fine on that end. (Birthed 4, healthy, 9+ lb babies) There is an end in sight. By the second trimester you'll be a new woman. I feel for you, I've been there.

Early in my pregnancies, the only thing that would settle my stomach was Lay's potato chips, eaten very, very slowly.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Wanted to add that I used to do this or eat saltines before sitting up and getting out of bed in the morning, and it helped a lot.

The only thing that helped me was Zofran. I completely understand, though, why you don't want to take it. It did cause an unpleasant condition (but when I made sure to drink a lot of water and eat fiber, it was better) and I remember at times wondering which was worse.

I couldn't function without it, though, so I had to take it.

Good luck!

Does anyone know any good remedies for morning sickness? I have an RX for Zofran, but I'm trying to avoid it because it causes some other stomach/intestine issues that I'm not too fond of. I have Bonine, which is something similar to Dramamine, my doc recommended it. It helps some, but I'm really trying to avoid meds in general, because I have to take my pain meds and that's enough for me. I have peppermints, but all they make me think of is being sick because the only time I suck on hard mints is when I'm sick! Anyhow, any other good remedies? I'm getting really tired of this, and I've lost 7 lbs since last week!

yeah, phenergan and sleep. don't wake up for a few months. then you should be feeling much better!!!!
i had TERRIBLE pregnancy sickness. took phenergan for all 3 pregnancies. for the last one they gave me a round of prednisone too. it did help. make sure you are well hydrated. being dehydrated will make you worse.

GONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :cloud9:

I was another one who had to use anti-nausea suppositories in order to eat anything.
One thing that helped me was eating frozen things - I ate frozen fruit, frozen vegatables, thawed just enough to eat them. It seemed like having them frozen took away a lot of the flavor and smell. At least enough that I could eat them without a lot of trouble.

sipping room temp water and peppermints helped me. I couldn't stand the smell of anything. That would make me want to hurl:eek: The smell when I opened a loaf of bread about killed me...blech The water probably helped more than anything. I have heard ginger is supposed to settle a stomach. Maybe pill form, gingerale or gingersnaps?
:hug:Hope you feel better soon. Its all worth it in the end!:upsidedow

The only thing that worked for me was drinking milk w/Ovaltine. I would have a glass right when I got up in the morning & then I would be able to eat a small breakfast a short time after. I had to buy Ovaltine to leave at work. I was a preschool teacher, so we had milk there.

My neighbor found that if she took a piece of bread & ripped off small pieces & then rolled them in a ball, she could eat that & feel better. :rotfl: She swore by it. I did try it but Ovaltine was better for me.

Good luck. It won't last long & then you will feel fine. Congratulations!

7 Skittles. i know but that's what worked for me. A had a friend who had to eat oranges all day. Another one who sucked on slivered Almonds, she counldnt chew or eat them.

Kae

7 Skittles. i know but that's what worked for me. A had a friend who had to eat oranges all day. Another one who sucked on slivered Almonds, she counldnt chew or eat them.

Kae

oh yeah, my 3rd pregnancy, i ate oranges all day long too.
but ONLY oranges and crushed ice

I kept a baggie of lemon hard candies in my purse. Also dry Cinnamon Life cereal. I would eat a few of those at a time. I bought Sea Bands- those things that go around your wrist. I would suck on candied ginger. It's chewy and tastes nasty if you chew it, but if you suck it it has a sugary coating and a pleasant-enough ginger flavor that coats your stomach. Ginger ale. What else? I was the queen of all-day sickness and weight loss for the first 4 months of my pregnancies, so I feel your pain!! It does get better, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter