Morning parking with dinner reservations @ CM

mzafrany

Earning My Ears
We have a dinner reservation for Chef Mickey and plan to spend the day at MK (our last day at Disney, we drive way at the end of the day).

We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins so we have a parking permit.

Will we be allowed to drive to the Contemporary at the morning and Park all day?

We have a dinner reservation for Chef Mickey and plan to spend the day at MK (our last day at Disney, we drive way at the end of the day). We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins so we have a parking permit. Will we be allowed to drive to the Contemporary at the morning and Park all day?
Parking at the Contemporary is meant to be for contemporary guests only. If not busy they will let you in for your reservation but will not allow you to park all day. You can take the boat over from Fort
Wilderness

No. You get a 3 hour window for eating. Your parking permit is for FW and the parks.

. . . We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins . . . Will we be allowed to drive to the Contemporary at the morning and Park all day?

1) Why not just take the boat FW>MK in the monr, and the boat CR>FW after diner?
2) No parking worries.

If you valet park then you can leave your car there all day.

In my experience, that would not work. You can't get into the resort unless (generally) you are a guest or have a dining reservation coming up soon (not at the end of the day). Showing up in the morning and hoping to get in, even if you state that you will be using valet parking, is risky. You are likely to be turned away, and have wasted that driving time.

Perhaps others have had different experiences?

The boats are frequent and pleasant. Enjoy them!

Regular (not Valet) Parking:

Are you supposed to do it? No. Contemporary parking is meant for Contemporary guests and visitors. Visitors are not supposed to be parked there for more than 3 hours.

Will they allow you to do it? Maybe. I have done this at other resorts with no problem. The Contemporary is different. Because of its close proximity to MK, I would guess it's more susceptible to parking abuse, and there's the possibility that they crack down harder than other resorts. There are reports on these boards of towing.

Valet Parking is different. I have done this at the Contemporary successfully. I have even left our car overnight! (We were staying at WL, had drinks at dinner, and decided to take Disney transporation back to the room to be safe). I have never had a problem, never been told of any limits. The cost is comparable to what it costs to park at the theme parks, so it's not a big deal to me. If you want to do what you have described, I would strongly recommend valet parking. It's convenient and there are no worries.

Good luck!

Unless the valet is full or something, there should be no problem using valet at the CR - reservation or not. We've done it a few times there and do it often at Beach Club.

We have a dinner reservation for Chef Mickey and plan to spend the day at MK (our last day at Disney, we drive way at the end of the day).

We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins so we have a parking permit.

Will we be allowed to drive to the Contemporary at the morning and Park all day?

You can pay for valet parking and then you can stay as long as you like. Valet is for anyone, not just resort guests or even those dining there.

In my experience, that would not work. You can't get into the resort unless (generally) you are a guest or have a dining reservation coming up soon (not at the end of the day). Showing up in the morning and hoping to get in, even if you state that you will be using valet parking, is risky. You are likely to be turned away, and have wasted that driving time.

Perhaps others have had different experiences?

The boats are frequent and pleasant. Enjoy them!

Whether we're offsite or on, we always drive and if we have an ADR for dinner at a resort we use that resort's valet. We arrive prior to park opening and don't leave until either after dinner or after the park closes (if we opted to go back) and have never been turned away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter