Morning at WDW - but no parks. What to see?

Jacolis

Earning My Ears
Hi all

We will have one morning before we need to drive to a family get together elsewhere in FL. We don't want to get a park pass. What else can we do to still soak iPhone the Disney scene with our school age girls?

Is DTD nice for walking around? Or beach walk?

Thx.

My girls 7 & 3 love DTD. There is so much to see in the stores, a balloon ride, splash pad, concerts (sometimes) and we always get a Ghiradelli sundae while we're there. :)

I agree, DTD is really your best bet. There is also a couple of mini golf courses as well. How about Animal Kingdom Lodge? You could go for lunch and roam the grounds and see the Savanna at one of the viewing spots.

Where will you guys be staying prior to the morning in question? In other words, will you have already stayed on-site and visited the parks?

Depending on where we stay on-site, if we don't do a park on the morning of departure, we like to tour near-by resorts. I love touring the mono-rail resorts. Also, the Boardwalk area is fun to visit as well--nice shops, bakery, etc.

DTD is a fun place to go, too. PLENTY of things to do. Lego-Land there is really neat. LOTS of shops.

Depending on how early you need to leave, go eat a nice breakfast at one of the resorts. DTD doesn't really open up until about 10 or so.

I'd suggest DTD, there's a ton to do there!
You can also explore a few of the resorts! Park over at the TTC and take a trip on the monorail to check out the Poly, Contemporary and GFlo!
Or, with younger kids, Art of Animation is an awesome walk through to get Disneyfied and see everything there!
Animal Kingdom lodge is a nice break and gorgeous resort, and a chance to see some animals!!

It really depends on what you want to do. At DTD, there is plenty to do. You could do a character breakfast at one of the resorts (Chef Mickey, O'hana, Cape May) Check out some of the resorts.

My vote would be to browse around DTD or better yet, go play a round of mini-golf over by the Swan & Dolphin resort. We did that the last time we were there and we had a great time.

Downtown Disney for sure. The stores don't open early, but Earl of Sandwich is open for breakfast -- or just get something to sip on and sit at the tables along the water. There's background Disney music playing, lots of areas to walk around, and it's definitely good for atmosphere.
DH and I used to spend a few hours there now and then when we didn't have time (or energy) to hit the parks for a day.
Once the places open up -- check on line for hours -- there's no end of things to do and see. And at your own pace. World of Disney is HUGE and a good place for inexpensive souvenier things.
Check it out!
Have fun!
:lovestruc

My girls 7 & 3 love DTD. There is so much to see in the stores, a balloon ride, splash pad, concerts (sometimes) and we always get a Ghiradelli sundae while we're there. :)

I would definately recommend the 'Flights
Of Character' balloon ride as it's something totally different and the views are incredible!!! Then come back down to earth and sit down for a tasty ice cream Ghiraredellis sundae!

I'd also recommend DTD but be aware that most of the shops and restaurants don't open until 10am or 11am. If you need something to do earlier in the morning you can't go wrong with resort hopping or a character breakfast.

Thanks all. We are staying at POFQ. I presume we will have break kite at the hotel and will have a few hours until we need to leave around 1 pm. We will have had dinner at Chef Mickeys on our arrival day so will have seen the Contemporary resort.

So our choice will either be DTD, Boardwalk or another resort. Had not thought about AK lodge. Too many choices! I think the girls would like that balloon ride and sundaes.

Any lunch recommendations in DTD? The girls are good eaters so we can go anywhere. I am debating between earl of sandwich, Wolfgang puck express or raglan road.

Thanks!

I vote for a character breakfast, either Chef Mickey or 1900 Park Fare!

Thanks all. We are staying at POFQ. I presume we will have break kite at the hotel and will have a few hours until we need to leave around 1 pm. We will have had dinner at Chef Mickeys on our arrival day so will have seen the Contemporary resort.

So our choice will either be DTD, Boardwalk or another resort. Had not thought about AK lodge. Too many choices! I think the girls would like that balloon ride and sundaes.

Any lunch recommendations in DTD? The girls are good eaters so we can go anywhere. I am debating between earl of sandwich, Wolfgang puck express or raglan road.

Thanks!

We love T-Rex at DTD! T-Rex has a huge menu and so many options. It is loud and crowded, but we love the atmosphere and food.

DTD has so much to see and do, we make it a must do for every trip.

We really enjoy POFQ! If the weather is decent, you could inquire about the times of the bike rental hours at PO Riverside. A 10-min walk to Riverside and then rent bikes or a surrey. After the ride, get on the boat to DTD and enjoy a walk around and have lunch. take the boat back to POFQ and you can be on your way.

Breakfast at POFQ and a boat ride to DTD would probably be just as enjoyable. Be sure to ask about the time of the first boat to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter