• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morimoto

tesslor

Mouseketeer
Any word when Morimoto will open besides just Summer 2015? I am crossing my fingers it will be open for our early June trip.

I'm also keeping my ears open for this one. We're going to WDW in December, and this is DH's special request for the trip.

Agreed - we're going in November and can't wait to eat there. It will be fun to see the menu, food pictures, etc once people start going to it.

Waiting not so patiently here too. Hope to be able to go in September. We had a morimoto here in dc up until a few years ago and it was amazing. With the lack of originality in Disney Asian cuisine I have high hopes

We're going to be in Disney from 6/19 - 6/25 and hoping that Morimoto is open at that time as well.

I haven't seen anything on this, does anyone have a link to share?

Waiting not so patiently here too. Hope to be able to go in September. We had a morimoto here in dc up until a few years ago and it was amazing. With the lack of originality in Disney Asian cuisine I have high hopes
My favorite meal ever was the omakase at his original Philly restaurant (kobe beef w/foie gras and he sang me happy birthday himself!) but I was a little underwhelmed with his Pauli Moto concept the few times I ate there. We'll definitely miss it on our May trip, but I can't wait to eat there in September (trip w/o kids)

I'm gonna follow this because I'm dyiiiing to find out! Does anyone know if they will be offering lunch service or just Dinner?

Any word when Morimoto will open besides just Summer 2015? I am crossing my fingers it will be open for our early June trip.
Recently posted photos lead me to believe that June is not going to happen.

Late to the game here! Where will this be opening? I ate at his restaurant in Philly some 14+ years ago. It was a very special dinner, would love to do that again.

I'm gonna follow this because I'm dyiiiing to find out! Does anyone know if they will be offering lunch service or just Dinner?

1) ONLY from team meetings info, it appears dinner (5:00pm and later).
2) But, Team Meeting info has been known to be wrong.
3) So, I guess only Lamont Cranston knows - or, we can call 867-5309, and ask for Jenny.

1) ONLY from team meetings info, it appears dinner (5:00pm and later).
2) But, Team Meeting info has been known to be wrong.
3) So, I guess only Lamont Cranston knows - or, we can call 867-5309, and ask for Jenny.
Dim sum has been mentioned.

This is authentically breakfast & lunch served from pushcarts.

I understand no breakfast, but I was hoping for lunch.

If the building is large enough, maybe there will be more than one food dispensary inside. Any thoughts?

Dim sum has been mentioned.
This is authentically breakfast & lunch served from pushcarts.
I understand no breakfast, but I was hoping for lunch.
If the building is large enough, maybe there will be more than one food dispensary inside. Any thoughts?

Alas, I am not in-the-loop, thus, maybe your hope will come true.

This is one of the spots I am really looking forward to here at Disney. My wife and I ate at the location in Napa on our honeymoon and it was probably the second best meal I had ever had. This location offered lunch, though that is no guarantee the Disney Springs location will as well.

I'll be at DTD today or tomorrow and I will try and get some photos of the "progress" and ask around best I can.

Our visit was very cool as we got to meet Chef Morimoto and he was kind enough to take a photo with us on our honeymoon. He even gave us a bottle of his private sake :) :) :)

208886_209233879103156_6911039_n.jpg

Alas, I am not in-the-loop, thus, maybe your hope will come true.
Ya'know, dim sum carts would be a perfect addition to Disney dining.

Small portions and variety.

Instead, all we're offered is the inauthentic Yak & Yeti, and the disappointing Nine Dragons.

Regardless, anything from Morimoto is likely to be better than these other two.

P.S. - you might not be in the loop, but you do seem to know some of the people who make that loop. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter