• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morimoto or Boathouse?

kenny

DIS Veteran
trying to pick between the two. Want to eat at both but only have 1 night open

Which does everyone prefer?

I've never been to the boathouse (although it's on my list to try) but we had an awesome dinner at Morimoto in March. Beautiful restaurant, great service, awesome food- I highly recommend it. I know we'll definitely go back.

I've been to both and you'll enjoy whichever you pick. Perhaps the best thing would be to review the menus and decide what kind of food you'd like.

My husband and I had an early dinner at Morimoto and will probably not return. We waited 50 minutes for sushi before we cancelled the order. All of the other food was brought out fairly quickly and it was ok. A pork dish was a little fatty. They brought us ice cream to make up for the sushi that never came but my husband had eaten very little since the sushi was supposed to be his entree.

My husband and I had an early dinner at Morimoto and will probably not return. We waited 50 minutes for sushi before we cancelled the order. All of the other food was brought out fairly quickly and it was ok. A pork dish was a little fatty. They brought us ice cream to make up for the sushi that never came but my husband had eaten very little since the sushi was supposed to be his entree.

We had a very similar experience and were just about to cancel our sushi order when it finally arrived after we had finished everything else. It seems the kitchen and the sushi chefs do not coordinate orders and the sushi got very backed up (at least when we were there). Some dishes were good (peking duck) and some were just meh, including the sushi.

If you want a good meal with good, consistent service, I would go to the Boathouse. We really enjoyed it!

I've been to both and in January I went to both on back to back nights and thought that both were good however I preferred the Boathouse... However they are completely different dining experiences so I would pick the one that has the menu that appeals the most to you!

My husband and I really enjoyed morimoto. We sat up at the sushi bar since it was just the two of us. Had sushi and split the duck dish between the two of us. Very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter