More Tinkering with Adventureland Hours.

>>>What could possibly lead you to believe that NBC would be interested in anything beyond dollars and cents from the theme park division?<<<

The fact that their broadcast network is the only one even remotely tolerable to watch these days for beginners (CSI not withstanding). Then there's the fact that GE/NBC are FAR more interested in seeing that the money they put into their entertainment properties actually impacts the guest experience rather than going to- um, "other" expenses.

>>>What makes you dare to assume that an unfinished attraction at IOA will meet this criteria?<<<

Everyone on this project isn't making the "excuses" we see at Disney these days. No one over there has to claim "it will service our market well" or "it's a nice ride that the market place is just not ready for." They have created what is absolutely the most kick-*** ride ever concieved in the theme park industry. They are VERY proud of their work, and that is something that has been absent from Disney for quite a while.

See this website for more information:

http://themeparks.about.com/cs/universalparks/a/mummypre.htm

>>>Filled to capacity? Well, this isn't what I was told by friends who were there (on two seperate nights) earlier this month, but if you say so...<<<

Let's see, three Saturdays in a row sold out (over 40k at least, I think the max capacity fluctuated some this year since more of the soundstage area from the Studios was annexed into the event), many, many other days that were well over the criteria of a "non-peak night" (which means they were oversold past what the park could handle and thus hours of operation were adjusted).

>>>I think this pretty much proves the market USF is really targeting is the local market. Good strategy?<<<

They're having a record year this year, if that's what you mean.

When we have gone to MK, no matter what time of year, and headed to Adventureland, it was a ghost town. Everyone usually heads to Fantasyland, Tomorrowland or Frontierland... Adventureland doesn't even start to get busy until after 10 am, and even then, there was less than a 10 minute wait for Pirates of the Carribbean, Jungle Cruise, or Aladdin.

Perhaps that is the reason they decided they could wait and open it at 10? Makes sense to me!

Have you seen the TV race this year? All networks are floundering in a virtual dead heat. Furthermore NBC offers nothing that I personally watch although I will admit that '24' on Fox is my real only can't miss show...
GE/NBC are FAR more interested in seeing that the money they put into their entertainment properties actually impact the guests experience...
Again, from what can you possibly base this utopian philosophy on? My GE refrigerator is nice, but it gives me nothing more than a Whirlpool. NBC is no different that ABC or CBS or Fox...They all offer 95% crap and 5% of stuff that's not so crappy. What has GE/NBC done to make you think they care? Jack Welch is gone and their front office has been floundering ever since. This purchase may become a white elephant to a once proud company.

As for the new kick butt ride, how do you know? Have you been on it? Further, I've heard NO EXCUSES for 'M:S', only platitudes and gushing and unlike the new ride at IOA, people HAVE actually ridden it.

The success of the Halloween event pretty much speaks for itself, but there is always room for more folks and despite its success it is a pretty low-brow event...Have they introduced "flashing" for beads at their Mardi Gras event yet? It'll be coming soon, I'd guess.;)

They're having a record year, if thats what you mean.
Yeah, coming up from the bottom is infinately easier than holding on to the top. Will a USF finally break the top five in attendance this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter