More than two adults in room?

chuchubipretu

Mouseketeer
We will be at POFQ in June. Our 21 year old son may be able to join us but it would be a last minute addition depending on his school/work schedule. If he comes, do I really need to add him at check-in and be charged the extra- adult-in-room-fee or can he just "slide in" after we get the room for no additional charge? I realize he would not have a room key but that wouldn't be an issue. Has anyone done this without massive amounts of guilt?!

We will be at POFQ in June. Our 21 year old son may be able to join us but it would be a last minute addition depending on his school/work schedule. If he comes, do I really need to add him at check-in and be charged the extra- adult-in-room-fee or can he just "slide in" after we get the room for no additional charge? I realize he would not have a room key but that wouldn't be an issue. Has anyone done this without massive amounts of guilt?!

I think (hope?) you'll have a hard time finding someone here who would condone "sliding" someone into a room. Do you plan on getting a dining plan? DS couldn't get it. Do you plan on using ME? DS wouldn't be able to get on the bus. Want to stay in the parks for EMH? DS couldn't because he wouldn't have a KTTW. IMHO - pay the extra $15/night.

Good points, but he literally may just meet us at MCO. I guess I could add him but would they refund my $15 per night fee if he isn't there? We have tickets and are not doing dining. ME would be tricky if he comes at the last minute, however.

Good points, but he literally may just meet us at MCO. I guess I could add him but would they refund my $15 per night fee if he isn't there? We have tickets and are not doing dining. ME would be tricky if he comes at the last minute, however.

You don't need to add him when YOU check-in, just when HE shows up. Aside from the Magical Express part, I guess (I never use ME so I don't know how that would work for adding someone to your reservation at the last minute). I also wouldn't condone getting around Disney's rules, for a number of reasons, and neither does the DIS.

In this case, I'd call Disney and ask their suggestion. I've read that you can add someone to your ressie at check-in and just pay the difference at that time so I don't think adding him last minute to the room/reservation would be a problem at all.

I'm not sure about ME from MCO, though. I'd like to say they would let him get on the bus but that definitely depends on how full the bus is and whether they could even allow it at the time. You may need to get a taxi to POFQ and then, once he's added to your ressie, get him added for the ME back to MCO. Would he be able to even give you even one or a few days' notice? Maybe, if he finds that he can make it, you can call Disney and have him added to ME at that point?

I hope it works out and he can join you!

He must be a registered guest in order to use ME, as you must register for that service ahead of time.

I don't think there would be anyway around that one. Now, if using ME wasn't an issue, then I have read that you can just add him when he gets there, and will be charged for the remainder of the nights.

They should just have them rent a towncar, it'd still be cheaper than getting a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter