(More than)A FIVE years of Trips! -- TR Started! Day One - updated 6/10

Just made our PS for Blue Bayou! I'm so excited!

For our anniversary present, the ILs are taking us to Blue Bayou. Originally they told us that they wanted to take us out to a nice dinner for our anniversary. I said okay, and thought of WCT or something like StoryTellers. But DH knew that Blue Bayou was my all time favorite because of the atmosphere and the thought of finally eating that scrumptious cookie boat. So I told him that it would be around $38/pp without drinks and his mom said that was OK!!! :cool1: I was shocked, but they really wanted to do something nice for us!

They come in on May 31st, our anniversary, so we were going to go that night. But that is the only night that Aladdin is playing - and there plane doesn't come in until 3:30. So we're gonna see the Aladdin show at 5:50 and probably end the night with that since they will be tired from all the hassle of flying and hotel and excitement and everything.

So we're doing it on Monday, June 1st. Had no problem getting the ressie and the CM was so nice. And I was all excited to tell her that we were celebrating 2 Anniversaries. I should have mentioned the recovery from all the blood clots of my DFIL, but know that as the humble man he is, he wouldn't want any of the attention that night. I think they might be more excited about our anniversary than we are!

Looks like a fun day so far!

We're definitely going to eat at Pacific Wharf, everything there looks sooo good.

Aww your poor hubby afraid of Soarin'. Jason was actually way braver than I expected him to be... he's screams on like country fair rides! But there wasn't anything he wouldn't ride at disneyworld.

I don't think I can convince him to wear a matching shirt though. :confused3 But he did say he would wear a button, lol, I'll take what I can get!

I can't believe you're going to be back there in 6 days!!

Yay for blue bayou and the GCH! I'm going to make some PS soon I think, maybe. At least I know not to be too worried about waiting too late!

great post. I can't wait to read more.

Thanks! I'll try and update with more of the trip soon!

Looks like a fun day so far!

We're definitely going to eat at Pacific Wharf, everything there looks sooo good.

Aww your poor hubby afraid of Soarin'. Jason was actually way braver than I expected him to be... he's screams on like country fair rides! But there wasn't anything he wouldn't ride at disneyworld.

I don't think I can convince him to wear a matching shirt though. :confused3 But he did say he would wear a button, lol, I'll take what I can get!

I can't believe you're going to be back there in 6 days!!

Pacific Wharf was great, and you don't feel all gross after eating there - you almost feel like you ate something healthy - haha.

No worries about the t-shirts. DH won't wear one either. :goodvibes

And while shopping, I saw this which totally shocked me! Why would anyone by a product after reading this warning. I was holding the object (tinkerbell with a snowglobe) and immediately felt contaminated or something. In reflection, I think maybe the chemical in the snowglobe is what caused it?

I don't know if its anything inside the snowglobe, but then again it might be. I have no knowledge of hazardous chemicals that are also used in everyday items therefore making them dangerous. ;)
I saw this warning on disneyshopping - and it was for a bracelet! I thought the same thing - who on earth would buy and wear something like that???

I don't know if its anything inside the snowglobe, but then again it might be. I have no knowledge of hazardous chemicals that are also used in everyday items therefore making them dangerous. ;)
I saw this warning on disneyshopping - and it was for a bracelet! I thought the same thing - who on earth would buy and wear something like that???

I know! I can't imagine being like, "Oh well I just have to have it, though it may cause birth effects!" I would think Disney wouldn't produce something harmful like this?? :confused3

Yay! Glad you're here! :cutie:

So I'm sorry, I'm getting a little bored writing this TR as I get ready for my next trip. And now that I know what goes into writing these TR, I am that much more grateful for the more "famous" TRs out there with all their subscribers and views! Way to go and keep up with it all!

So the plan for Saturday night was to head over to DLR until it started getting crowded around 8ish for the fireworks. Then we'd go over to DCA and just kind hang out and shop and stuff, and of course ride Toy Story again. And then we'd head back to DLR for the night. We planned, also, tonight to wear pants so that we weren't freezing. Saturday night was our most fun night that we had in DLR and we were actually there until it closed! Wahoo! I reached my goal - Lame goal, I know. But I reached it!

So when we got to DLR we went to get fast passes for Splash. At the time, the line was wrapped clear around to the entrance that starts over by Haunted Mansion. It said 60 minute wait and people were gladly willing to wait that long. I thought it was so crazy that people would wait that long. DH was shocked as I kept pointing out how long of a wait they had as they hadn't even reached the point where the FP people enter. And since we were over there...we of course had to make a visit to Pooh Corner. This was a special visit for me since it was the first time going there since I had heard so much about it from the DIS.

3PoohCorner.jpg

We didn't get anything since we hadn't eaten dinner yet and wanted to eat that in the park. Dang that budget. Plus DH isn't much of a "random sweets" type of guy. More of an ice cream and cake occasional lover. So we headed over to take a trip on the BTMRR. Wait was only 15 min, but we waited around 10.

3BTMRR.jpg

Then we walked over to a bunch of places deciding what to eat...took forever to decide since I wasn't too hungry. DH decided he wanted a hot dog at Coke Corner. I then had an epiphany! I could finally have the made-famous by DIS corndog! We went over to the cart and waited like 15 minutes in line. There were 3 people/orders ahead of us, but after the first order, the machine went down and they didn't tell us until after we had waited forever. DH wasn't happy about it and therefore I let him scarf down his food before I could take a pic - didn't want to press my luck!

3CornDog.jpg

Then DH reluctantly agreed to ride Small World with me. I knew it would be my only ride on small world with him until we come back with our kids in like 10 years. :lmao: So here are my pictures from Small World

3Topary.jpg

3Topary2.jpg

3Topary3.jpg

3smallworld.jpg

And these were the only pictures that didn't turn out too blurry. I only have a point and shoot camera, so maybe thats why they turn out so horrible. I should know this, I only took a bazillion photography classes to fufill my graphic design degree.
3Hippo.jpg

3smallworldflower.jpg

and by the time we came out...it was dark!!!
3smallworlddark.jpg

About this time people were lining up for the fireworks so we headed over to DCA and went on Toy Story. I guess we waited in line?? I can't remember? Maybe it was this time around that we rode single rider and got to go together? Oh who knows..we went and it was a BLAST!

3toystory.jpg

Then we walked around some more and tried to find DH and Mickey Ice Cream sandwich - and we couldn't find one ANYWHERE! We kept seeing the carts but they were closed. Then on the way out from the park, we realized we still needed to kill some time before the fireworks ended. We came across Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream and got ourselves the Chocolate Chip Cookie Hot Fudge Sundae to split.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Hot Fudge Sundae - Two scoops of vanilla ice cream and two freshly baked Chocolate Chip cookies, topped with whipped cream, hot fudge, chocolate morsels and a cherry. $5.79
3sundaeyum.jpg

Then began our search for the perfect picture in front of the castle at night. We arrived and there was quite a line for the photopass. There were about 3 groups in front of us. When the group in front of us went, the photographer seemed to be having some problems. He said that his flash wasn't working right. He said he needed to contact his boss or something and that he would be back. He took his camera, tripod and all, away. So there we were, this random line of people just waiting by the castle. So what did we do? Well the group behind us started to take some pictures and then we took pictures for them. And then DH was asked again and again to take photos. At one time there was a short wait for people to have DH take them. He was all jolly and smiles during this time. :love: I just kept laughing at how many people asked him to take pictures. About 15 minutes later, the photopass guy came back with his boss and we got some beautiful pictures. The best part was that the people behind us were DIsney nazi's, like me, and had to strongly protest, on our part, that we should be first in line since a couple random groups surrounded the photographer before we had a chance to get set up in front of it. But before we knew it, the group behind us (all 6 or 7 of them) started making a fuss. It was funny, IMO. I'm sure the people that were kicked out of the way felt confused. Also, while we waited, the people behind us also offered to take a picture of us in front of the castle after watching DH take so many. Photopass pictures to come later...photoshare has over 800+ pictures in it and I'm not about to search for it!!!

Thanks nice people!
3uscastle.jpg

Then over to Splash - caught this cool picture on the way - totally edited by the way since this is a point and shoot camera!
3pirateslair.jpg

And this one - not as cool.
3adventureland.jpg

Then on splash - No wait. People were just riding again and again. And yet, we used our FPs. CM must have thought we were crazy! I felt bad though, this group of teens just kept riding again and again (they seemed like one of those nice groups) and since we came, they made them not able to ride again, but the other part of their group in front of them got to ride again! So DH and I got our own boat! I thought that meant we would get soaked, but we stayed pretty dry. Thank goodness - it was a little chilly.

3splashmtn.jpg

We rode a few more rides and then went over to Finding Nemo.
Still learning how to take night pics on my camera without a flash...
3partners.jpg

3partners2.jpg

3mainstreetnight.jpg

And as we walked by Tomorrowland Terrace - took a pic of the band playing. They were playing "Hot in Here" by Nelly - which is not the most family friendly song. So they changed the lyrics to something kinda cheesy. Lots of people watching and hanging out though

3terrace.jpg

The wait for Nemo looked pretty decent. We got in line around 11:30. I think it was a 25 minute wait? We waited around 15ish I think. The ride was so boring. DH was bored and a little uneasy about the space and being so small. It is so tiny down there! Stairs are steep too. The ride was too long too. Only cool thing for me was trying to figure out how it all worked together from creative standpoint. Other than that - I don't ever see the need to ride it again. Unless you're a huge submarine or nemo fan, skip this ride. This is the pic we took in line showing our tiredness and slap happiness from being at the parks so late.

3yawntired.jpg

But we did it! After we left Nemo the announcement came on and told us that the shops would be open for another hour and DH and I slowly - very very slowly made our way to the parking tram. On this night, on that walk I had a somewhat hurt left ankle. A very bad blister on toe on my right foot, and an unknown problem with my arch (which took a good week to go away, I couldn't really walk correctly for the following 3 days). I was a mess! But nonetheless - such a fun night!!! Love my DH! :hug:

I'm in!

You guys are so cute together :)

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy!

Yay for blue bayou and the GCH! I'm going to make some PS soon I think, maybe. At least I know not to be too worried about waiting too late!

Yes, I was surprised that I got the time that we did. I just said I would like between 6 and 7 and they gave me two options! :cool1: But it was also for Monday night.

I wouldn't worry about it for 2 people - PS are more important for the big groups. Any restaurant can always squeeze in a couple seats for you and your soon to be hubby! ;)

Woohoo!

I got my first pair of crocs yesterday! I told DH that it will be my first of many pairs of shoes that I buy just for comfort. My feet nor legs have never hurt before in my life until our last trip. But I'm prepared now. For those interested, I got the Croc's Cleo in pink/brown. And although I usually wear a size 6 in old navy flip flops, I got an 8 in the Crocs. :confused3 So maybe they fit small. They are super comfy and I wore them the minute I got out of the store. I also scored them on sale at Sports Authority for only 19.99. I'm glad I waited after trying them on at a Croc's stand in the mall where they were 29.99. Saved $10!!!

Also today, I had an important conversation with DH...on g-chat while we were both at work, of course ;)

I asked, "Can you please be the best husband ever and pick us somewhere to eat for just the two of us to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday night?
The best gift you can give me is to plan that special night for us."

And he replied, "Ok."

And then we must have both been busy. But I was satisfied with that answer. So later after the gym I asked him if he was really going to do that and he said that he would and he just needed to figure out where we should eat and what would be good. I told him most places are good and suggested any of the places in DTD. So we'll see what he plans for us. It makes me happy that he'll be planning Saturday night so I can concentrate on all the plans for Sun - Weds! Its gonna be nuts trying to get us all doing something we enjoy together. Its gonna take a lot of patience out of me and DH. DH isn't afraid to hide his feelings in front of his parents - while I'm still very much okay with hiding them, haha. But this very open communication can put me in some awkward situations sometimes!! Oh I am so looking forward to hanging out with all of them in this fun environment. We've always just done things like dinner and movies and of course the wedding stuff. But never anything like a vacation or a theme park! Lets hope for lots of magical stuff to happen and that they'll see how special and magical that Disneyland can be!! :wizard:

Haha, your DH and my FH sound a lot alike. No matching shirts. Have to be asked very nicely to plan a night of a vacation. Umm.... both like sports? Haha, that's all.

I'm sure you'll have a great time with the inlaws... just remember that you don't have to spend every waking minute with them (right?!) you can always get some alone time by staying out late or something. They'll probably just want to relax more than you guys. Then again, maybe it will be like taking a child for the first time? :lmao: You'll get to experience it through their eyes!

Oh, and Jason HATES my crocs... I got the Alice ones (and for $20 Canadian - amazing! Normally $35 here). I'm packing them on our trip but Mr. Fashion :snooty: might not let me wear them! Kidding... he's not the boss of me!

Haha, good update. I like your last photo especially... think you're starting to get tired there?

Your corn dog looks a little stumpy, but it might just be because their isn't a hand in the photo for reference!

I already made J promise me that he will go on Small World with me. He's never been on it before. I didn't push him to do it in Disney World. The guys took a break when the girls rode it. But I will push him this time, just so he knows what he's missing!

Im in!! Your inlaw will have a great time at Blue Bayou. How exciting to stay at the GC! Cant wait to see pics!

Photopass pictures to come later...photoshare has over 800+ pictures in it and I'm not about to search for it!!!

It's over 1400 now! :scared1:

Loving your TR. Keep it coming. :goodvibes

We went today and it wasn't too bad-more crowded than I thought, but doable. Esp. with FP. ;)

Haha, good update. I like your last photo especially... think you're starting to get tired there?

Your corn dog looks a little stumpy, but it might just be because their isn't a hand in the photo for reference!

I already made J promise me that he will go on Small World with me. He's never been on it before. I didn't push him to do it in Disney World. The guys took a break when the girls rode it. But I will push him this time, just so he knows what he's missing!

We were so tired! And the corn dog did seem small. I ate all of it very easily. I'm not sure I could have split it with anyone!!

Small World is such a kids, and mom, and grandma, and aunt and other female family members type of ride. I don't think I've ever seen a teenager or guy go on in without some kind of sigh. But then again...to each HIS own. :rotfl:

Lovin your report! That last picture is great! Can't wait to read more of it!

Thanks! One more day left to go!

It's over 1400 now! :scared1:

Loving your TR. Keep it coming. :goodvibes

We went today and it wasn't too bad-more crowded than I thought, but doable. Esp. with FP. ;)

Thats great that the crowds weren't too bad. I can't believe it has 1400 pics in it now! Thats madness. Can't wait to get the pictures. I'm also excited to take new ones this time around. I feel more "prepared" for pictures. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter