More Pop questions

I think some folks on here are confusing POR and POFQ. We've stayed at both on more than one occasion, and at POP too. POR is huge and rambling. Even the closest rooms to the main building are a bit of a hike. (We stayed in one of these last July!) POFQ is much, much smaller and more compact. POP did not feel that much larger in distance than POFQ. Keep in mind that POP buildings are 4-stories tall, while POFQ is only 3. Also, the rooms are slightly smaller; so that translates into more guests/similar space. Thus, the need for more pools. (BTW, we found the POFQ to be very crowded during our last Spring Break stay.)

I think some folks on here are confusing POR and POFQ. We've stayed at both on more than one occasion, and at POP too. POR is huge and rambling. Even the closest rooms to the main building are a bit of a hike. (We stayed in one of these last July!) POFQ is much, much smaller and more compact. POP did not feel that much larger in distance than POFQ. Keep in mind that POP buildings are 4-stories tall, while POFQ is only 3. Also, the rooms are slightly smaller; so that translates into more guests/similar space. Thus, the need for more pools. (BTW, we found the POFQ to be very crowded during our last Spring Break stay.)

I too have been to all 3. POR is very spread out and the pathways are quite rambling so even a relatively close room is a longer walk then it would be at Pop that has straighter pathways. POFQ has 7 buildings. Pop has 10. I was in building #7 and while the walk wasn't too bad it was longer than the standard rooms I've had in 4 trips to Pop.

Pop is pretty compact--the buildings are 4 stories.
Nothing is really spread out so even the furthest room is still pretty close to the bus stops/food court/main pool.

And yes, there are tables outside of the food court and by the pool where you can eat. The tables near the food court are also near one of the more populated smoking areas though, just FYI

We stayed on the backside of the red yo-yo building facing the lake. It was a hike to the food court, but not that big of a deal.

Now the big deal about that building is the freaking parking! The parking for that building (or the closest legitimate parking )was on the opposite far corner by the bowling pin building. It was soooo far away. We used a car every day so this was such a pain, especially with a sleeping kid in your arms. We ended up parking outside the main hall for the week as it was 5 minutes closer. This lot was only 1/4 full all week so we werent' taking up a guest check in spot.

Next time I will try to put in some preferences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter