More on the amazing $50-park-passes-deal

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am from CT -- but, was lucky enough to be visiting family in Skokie, IL this past week.

We bought 2 adult passes and (on the same visit) used the $100 worth of gift certificates towards my DD3 child's pass! As such, her 4 day PH cost around $50!!! YAHHHHHOOOO!

To add to my glorious day, upon flashing my Disney Vacation Club card, the CM gave me the discounted Disney Club price on the passes. DOUBLE YAHHHOOOOO!!!! (No lectures on dishonesty, please. I didn't ask for the discount -- he volunteered it.)

I'm doing the money-saving dance! Can anyone remember Disney ever before offering such a great deal on park passes?

:bounce:

For those who don't already know... (sorry for the repeat info)...

Chicagoland and FL Disney Stores (ONLY!) are running a fabulous promotion. For every 4, 5 or 6 day adult hopper you purchase - you get a $50 gift card good for any purchase at any Disney Store nationwide (the same card one would receive if purchasing a $50 gift card). Also, they give you a cute t-shirt.

Child passes get only the t-shirt.

Note, I was able to immediately apply 2 X $50 from our adult pass purchases for our daughter's park hopper.

That sounds great! I wish they would offer that in MY area.

Are they offering a gift card promo for the purchase of a gift card as well? How much do you have to buy?

Am I reading this right - do you mean only Disney Stores in the Chicago area and the State of Florida are offering this promotion?

WOW.. you really lucked out. FIrst of al, I called our local store and asked about the deal.. if it was at our IL store. It was. Asked about the resrictions and they said the $50 cards couldn't be used on any other passes, Disney dollars or gift certificates. So your cm must not have been up on things! I worked for the store until recently and, correct me if I'm wrong.... I was of the understanding that DVC cards could be used on merchandise but not park passes. Again I'm no positive but that is what I remember. So you really made out!

Nancy:smooth:

My CM called a main number to inquire whether I could use the gift card towards passes. She learned that I could do so. So, if your CM says no -- gently push harder.

Yes indeed, I was not entitled to a Disney Club discount with my DVC card. My CM erred, or was being nice by allowing the discount.

I do not know how much longer this special will be in effect. And, as of now, it is only available in the Chicago area (not all of IL) and in Florida. HINT: It IS valid at the Orlando area Disney Stores (but, I doubt is available at the airport).

Happy saving!

I got my 5-day hoppers at the Joliet, IL store today. I didn't inquire about using the gift cards to help pay for other passes, because I intend to use the $200 worth of gift cards to pay for the remainder of the Disney Store pins for the next 8 weeks!

can you call and order them over the phone put them on disney charge card????? and how long or they good for?? thanks cmatt :bounce:

what did they say??? even if you paid for fed ex or something????

just wondered why,, nancy, il. thanks cmatt :rolleyes:

Just be kind and don't push the CM too hard!<G> After all I was a cm and we just did what we were told. I called the store I worked for today and she specifically said no to the use on other passes. Does anyone know if it specifies this on the gift card itself? Just curious. I know that so many people "pushed" about the bonus with purchase thing they had running some months ago that Disney changed it midstream. It will be interesting to see what happens with these.
Nancy

The CM told me that their rule book says passes can't be mailed. Maybe it's a big hassle to insure them.

PLEASE TELL ME ...I can get this at Gurnee Mills! If so I will drive drive down Monday. That would be 250 Bucks!!! Anyone know???

There is no Disney Store at Gurnee Mills. The nearest one to there is in Vernon Hills at the Hawthorn Store. Instead of exiting at 132 Grand Ave for Gurnee Mills, continue south to Route 60 and go west about 1-2 miles. Hawthorn is located at Rt.60 and Rt.s 21 (Milwaukee Ave), I usually park by Carson Prairie Scott and go through their store. It is located at intersection of that wing and the main part of the mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter