More Merida Photos at the MK!

great photos! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to meet her! How were the lines? Long wait or not so much yet?

We went today and had no clue about the soft opening but managed to get in line. Lines weren't terrible, but most didn't know about it. It'll likely be the same line situation as the Tangled meet and greet. A CM lets you try your hand at archery while you're in line.

jNj7CJBN

Great photo adam!

Just like Rapunzel, they were letting in a certain number of Guests at a time, and everyone else lined up towards the castle.

We walked past (playing SotMK) and noticed the wall was down and hopped in line. It wasn't too bad length wise and we were told they were in the middle of their very first test. We were two families away from being in the first test.

Then the walls were closed...

Based on the sheer number of professionally dressed CMs, and the fact that they closed the doors, I'm assuming they were doing some sort of media shoot back there. That whole process probably added 10 minutes to our wait.

We waited in line nearly 40 minutes in total. Not as bad as Tangled, but certainly not short.

Shortly before we were admitted for the second test, the line had ballooned and Guests were being told they could join the line as "Stand By," but they were not guaranteed to make it in to see Merida today. I have no idea how long she was out today, or if they only did these two tests.

We were the second to last family let in from the "standby" line at the last meet from today - about 3:45pm. She was very friendly, the accent was almost spot-on to the commercials (compared to some youtube vids from some testing last week when she sounded more Irish that Scottish to me!), and the bear cubs are totally cute. I don't know if they are puppets, animatronics, or somewhere in between (maybe like Push?) but they laugh, and sniffle/cry, and blink, and move their heads around and smile for the camera.

Here's a link to my facebook album with photos from the queue area and Merida and the cubs.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100489056334073.2511817.9210109&type=1&l=da72d9024c

Great pics, since we were the second family in, we didn't have much time to grab queue photos, I'm glad you were able to show more of the detailing!

I'll send you a PM with more info on the bears. ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

I agree the lines for this are likely to be the same for Rapunzel. Will know in 40 days time when we ar at WDW.

If you're willing, don't be afraid to try the standby line, at least during testing days! The really great CMs told us repeatedly we may not get in (they don't want anyone to be disappointed), but having nothing else to do, I didn't mind trying my luck (and my great husband will do whatever I ask of him). Most guests, when they heard that, didn't even bother waiting, so there were only about 5 families waiting in standby. They let in 3 families, and then is was just us and a family behind us. I heard one of the "suit" CMs tell one of the "costume" CMs that they wouldn't be able to take us, and to remind us that there were no guarantees. But the great CMs kept asking, saying, it's just two more families, they won't take long, and finally got the go-ahead to let us in. I thanked every single person I walked past as they were letting us in, because I knew they didn't have to do that! But it sure did make my day!!

Most guests walked by, said, "Oh, it's that new princess, whats-her-name" and kept going. I do predict it's going to be PACKED once the movie comes out next month, just like Tangled was, once Merida's name becomes more well known. I didn't expect to have the chance to meet her until October, since I only get to the parks on Saturdays and waiting in the hot sun during the summer doesn't appeal to me too much. ;) Having done it once, I'll definitely do it again once I've seen the movie and have more to talk about with her - I wasn't sure what to say or to ask, since I know only what's been seen in the commercials. It was great that as an adult, I didn't feel rushed or hurried, she spent as much time interacting with us as she did with the kids, which I really do appreciate. (The Tangled play-and-greet was much the same.)

All in all, I'd say it's a must do! :)

Is Merida in the same place as Rapunzel was? I'm not really sure where this is in MK. Is it where Belle's Fairytale Story was a couple of years ago? Near the tea cups?

If it is, where did Rapunzel move to?

Thanks!

Is Merida in the same place as Rapunzel was? I'm not really sure where this is in MK. Is it where Belle's Fairytale Story was a couple of years ago? Near the tea cups?

If it is, where did Rapunzel move to?

Thanks!

Yes it is where Belle was then Rapunzel, now Meridia. Someone else will have to comment on Rapunzel's whereabouts? Fairytale Hall?

Thanks for all these great pics - my kids just looked through and DS7 said, "COOL, she's an archer!" and DD5 was like "I can do that!"

Yay!

Sydnerella's Mama

1. Is Merida in the same place as Rapunzel was?

2. I'm not really sure where this is in MK. Is it where Belle's Fairytale Story was a couple of years ago?

3. Near the tea cups?

4. If it is, where did Rapunzel move to?

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. I suppose you could call it near Mad Tea Party.

4. Rapunzel is up at the front of the park in Town Square, to your immediate left as you enter under the train station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter