• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Kid Club Questions...sorry!

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
Alright, I have a couple questions - I really tried to look up the answers first, and I'm sure they are somewhere on here but just couldn't find what I was looking for -
1. When I go to do online check in, I can register my kids at this time - at least that is my understanding from the reading. My daughter will mostly be interested in going to the Edge (which I believe does not need registration), but will want to go to the Oceaneer Club also (it will actually be me and her brother who will want her to go there a little bit - he has some special needs and may need her to just be there for some comfort at first). So, my question - do I register both of them for the Oceaneer Club or just him? I don't want her to not be allowed to go to the Edge because I've registered her at the other club; but I also don't want to be told she can't go to the Oceaneer Club because it's been filled up.

2. When there is Open House at any of the clubs, can anyone go? I know that this is a time that parents can go in with their kids, but could we go to the Edge with my 7 year old son just so he can check it out (and my daughter to go check out the Vibe with me) or does the child still need to be in the right age bracket?

That is correct. Registration is only for 3-10 year olds. Therefore, it will be your son that you will be registering. Your DD will have to go to the Edge first and you can talk to the counselors about having her be moved to the Club.

I'm not sure about the Open Houses.

On the Magic in February, during the open house time on the first day anyone and everyone came into the club while we were there. This included adults with age appropriate children, teens, and people without children who just wanted to look around.

Everyone can go to any open house during the cruise - they usually have them throughout the whole cruise at various times.

That is correct. Registration is only for 3-10 year olds. Therefore, it will be your son that you will be registering. Your DD will have to go to the Edge first and you can talk to the counselors about having her be moved to the Club.

Be careful with that. If your DD moves to the club, she'll no longer be allowed in Edge. You'll have to ask at the club if it's ok for your DD to come by as a visitor sometimes. As stated above, during the open houses anyone can stop by and take a look around.

I was under the impression that kids who fit the age profile for more than one club would be allowed to go to both clubs at their choice. So maybe try the Oceaneer Lab one day and the tween club the next and then back again. This is the first I have heard of a child being the right age for two clubs yet only being allowed to chose either or. Can someone who knows for sure please clarify this?

I was under the impression that kids who fit the age profile for more than one club would be allowed to go to both clubs at their choice. So maybe try the Oceaneer Lab one day and the tween club the next and then back again. This is the first I have heard of a child being the right age for two clubs yet only being allowed to chose either or. Can someone who knows for sure please clarify this?

My son was allowed to go between both back in 2011, but from what I've read on here, the rules appear to have changed. From what I understand, it seems as if they are now required to choose one or the other, although exceptions have occurred seemingly dependent on how full the clubs are. Sorry I don't know from experience, but I have read quite a bit about it since we are leaving on our cruise soon.

I read in numerous posts that they have to pick one. Sometimes the CMs may let them go back and forth, but that's not guaranteed.

So even if this were the club she was going to choose we don't register her until we are on the ship? I've heard of cases where they ran out of space, so if we can't register her until we are onboard could that happen?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We were on the dream feb/ march. My son 10 was allowed to go back and fourth between the edge and the oceaneers even though he was too young for the edge. He did like he edge better and spent most of his time there. I found them to be extremely flexible regarding age groupings but I know others did not have the same experience. My older son had a choice between edge and vibe as he is 14 and he spent most of his time in the vibe.

So even if this were the club she was going to choose we don't register her until we are on the ship? I've heard of cases where they ran out of space, so if we can't register her until we are onboard could that happen?

Yea, it's a possibility, but unless you're traveling during a holiday very unlikely the clubs will be at capacity. The pick one club rule is relatively new, it's been in effect since a special needs child (though technically an adult) stalked a teen while in the clubs. They've really locked down the kids clubs since then for the safety of the kids enrolled.

It use to be that kids had to choose and it was a big deal. Now, they allow kids who are aged for two clubs to go to both. DS14 had a Vibe KTTW card along with a sticker on his KTTW card that showed that he was also allowed to be in Edge.

When the ship is at capacity during busy times they don't allow kids who are not at the posted ages to move up to the next club level.

OP, I don't see anywhere how old your DD is to comment on if she will be able to go to both the Edge & the lab.

My dd is 12, so she is within the correct age for both clubs. I'm guessing she will like the edge better but I'm not sure. I do know that I won't be able to get my ds (age7) into the kid club without her at first....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter