• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More information needed on the Meal Deal

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
How does this work?

Does it mean you can get 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with the purchase?

Is is worth buying?

restrurants open at 11:00 am, no breakfast on the meal deal.
they close 30 minutes prior to park closing.

check out the menus on allearsnet.com
if you like the menus for the places on the meal deal promo, let that help make your decision.

don't do both parks on the meal deal, not worth it to me.

i am in the minority.
i like the meal deal but only do it if i am in the parks for a 4 full days.
i do the studio side and eat at Louie's and International Film Festival Food
IFFF, of course with only using the initials for years, i might have the F words in the wrong order...:laughing:

btw, the drinks are not part of the meal deal.
i use my mug each year and use it for discounted drink refills.
there is a sippy cup drink promo deal also but it is separate from the meal deal

So is it per day?

What is stopping a family from buying one or two of the meal deals and then just going through the line up twice?

you have a wrist band with the date on it to verify you purchased the meal deal for that park.

I go to Louie's all the time...DH and I LOVE :lovestruc the pizza..

I was there a week before Halloween, and it was a HHN, but before the event started. A large family got in line behind me, and was basically forcing the kids to eat, telling them they needed to eat this last meal for the deal to be worth it for them. The poor kids wanted NOTHING to do with food, claiming they had just had burgers like an hour ago. The man in the group looked like he could have put away an ENTIRE pizza himself..LOL..

DH and I have considered it once, but we never stay in one park long enough for it to be worthwhile.

Thanks.

So if I were hungry enough to eat 3 meals during that day, I could?

Sounds like it could be a good deal if you eat a decent amount of food.

Is the food fairly large portions like at WDW? I share a meal there with my niece, as I don't eat a lot.

The do not allow sharing...of course, who is to say you dont leave the place with the food..

Portion size though..honeslty I am not sure...I think you do get a desert along with the entree, and those deserts can get pretty big..

if you are not into eating, it wouldn't be a good deal for you.

they have TM's that do check on anyone that is sharing.
the consequences are not worth it.

the days that the parks stay open late, are the best days to do the meal deal if you are interested in it.

i love the pizza at louie's so i can easily get 2 slices at a sitting.

The meal deal is worth it if you eat 2-3 times a day AND the parks arent packed.

If the parks are packed, you will stand in line for about an hour to get 1 slice of pizza and a dessert (at Louies). If you are big like me, and want about 2 or 3 or even 4 slices, they WILL NOT serve them to you unless you get in line 2 or 3 or more times (and, of course, waste more time). At the other restaurants its basically the same story.....if you are hungry, plan to eat a lot, and the place is jammed.....forget it. But if its October and no one is there....its a pretty good deal.

Oh yeah....and another thing.....the blue or red large meal deal refills are free at these restaurants....but the 360 special mugs are not (no one tells you this).

The meal deal is worth it if you eat 2-3 times a day AND the parks arent packed.

If the parks are packed, you will stand in line for about an hour to get 1 slice of pizza and a dessert (at Louies). If you are big like me, and want about 2 or 3 or even 4 slices, they WILL NOT serve them to you unless you get in line 2 or 3 or more times (and, of course, waste more time). At the other restaurants its basically the same story.....if you are hungry, plan to eat a lot, and the place is jammed.....forget it. But if its October and no one is there....its a pretty good deal.

Oh yeah....and another thing.....the blue or red large meal deal refills are free at these restaurants....but the 360 special mugs are not (no one tells you this).

Could you tell me more about the bolded parts? I know if you buy the meal deal, you can buy a refill mug for extra. What is a "360 special mug"? Is that different than the one you can buy with the meal deal?

the meal deal is good because you can get unlimited entrees.

However, for each entree you must go thru the queue (one entree per time thru the queue)

You can get 100 or more entrees at a single sitting if you want, but each does require waiting in the line to get another.

Drinks are not included with the meal deal. You can buy a seperate sipper cup for 8.99 plus tax and get free refills all day at the participating meal deal restaurants.

Alternatively, you can purchase a 6.99 souvineir cup for about $1.00 refills including tax.

Keep in mind, you have to lug that cup around all day which many people do not like to do, especially if you carry nothing, you will be forced to put it in a locker at certain rides.

The meal deal is very good if the hours are long and you eat several meals. there. If the hours are short, it's not so good. Judge for yourself. (when i had an annual pass, I left the park and ate at the nearby mcdonalds mostly)

Meal service always ends 1/2 hour before park close.

It is nonrefundable so if you buy it be sure to use it as guest services has no way of knowing how many meals you ate. All they know is that you redeemed it for a bracelet. It is possible to get a refund if your ticket isn't used, but if you redeem it for a bracelet, NO REFUNDS.

(You redeem a meal deal ticket for a bracelet which lets you eat at all the participating restaurants. It is not scanned when you go thru the line so guest services has no idea how much you did, or did not eat.)

Best bet is to buy it at one of the participating restaurants instead of the ticket booth or guest services. AT least then you get to see the food and if you really don't like it, you can buy ala carte or go elsewhere.

Sure....there are some large plastic bottles you can buy for about $7 and are either red or blue and say MEAL DEAL on them. They can be purchased just about anywhere in the park. If you get a refill with this bottle at a MEAL DEAL restaurant, the refill is free. Anywhere else, its 0.74 cents.

Now...theres also a mug thats being sold...even at MEAL DEAL restaurants. It is much smaller in size and has little lights that turn on on the bottom of it. Even though it is smaller, the refill for this mug is 0.74 cents EVERYWHERE, including MEAL DEAL restaurants.

I know....it was confusing to me also......

i bought the dueling dragon blue mug w/ handle the year that ride opened.

if i take it with me to universal on my trips, i can get refills for it.
i have been known to get the ap/aaa discounts on that refill....:laughing:

universal will honor the mugs they sell, for future trips, for refill purposes.

the meal deal mugs, i don't think that is included in future deals, but the mugs you can buy in the parks are reusable.

Thanks for the info on the mugs. Sounds like they are a good deal especially since there will be 6 of us on our trip.

Sorry to ask another question about the mugs, but can you buy the mug and not the meal deal at one of the participating restaurants? Can I use the mug every day or does it have a wrist band associated with it too?

Sorry to ask another question about the mugs, but can you buy the mug and not the meal deal at one of the participating restaurants? Can I use the mug every day or does it have a wrist band associated with it too?

Ooo, good questions. I'd love to hear an answer to those too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter