More Excited than a 26 Year Old Should Be on This Reservation...

BadgerGirl84

I used to have a tag...
I am so thrilled! I just booked breakfast at the Crystal Palace for the first day of my honeymoon. I got the 8:05 reservation for a day when the park opens at 9AM, so I can't wait to get a few pictures snapped of us when the park is empty....and I can't wait to say hello to my friends Pooh and Piglet! I've never done a character meal other than CRT when we got engaged, so I'm really excited about this.

Oh, and by the time of my honeymoon in September...I'll be 27. :):rotfl:

Awesome! :goodvibes Early CP breakfast is now a must-do for me; we did it on both previous (all adults) trips and loved it. Last time, I got up to take a photo with Pooh, then he tried to sit down and eat my breakfast!

You'll love it! CP is our favorite breakfast and always a "must do." We always get an early time so I can run around like a nut and snap all kinds of photos of Main Street USA and Cinderella Castle. Enjoy!

The Crystal palace character breakfast was the highlight of our 2009 anniversary trip, simply delightful. And I'm 55. And my wife is....older than 26. And we don't have kids. And I'm not even a big Pooh fan. And still everything about it was, to coin a phrase, magical. Have a great time!

I'm excited for you! I have always wanted to go to CP, but my family is not a big fan of TS meals.
Maybe one day when my son is older and gets excited about the characters (as opposed to afraid of them) he and I will get to go!

If that's wrong for a 20-something, I don't want to be right.

DW and I were overjoyed to do breakfast at CRT on our honeymoon 2 years ago; she was 25 and I was 28. :)

If that's wrong for a 20-something, I don't want to be right.

DW and I were overjoyed to do breakfast at CRT on our honeymoon 2 years ago; she was 25 and I was 28. :)

:lmao: ITA!!! I'm 25 (will be on the next trip to WDW) and got up at 5:30am to be ready to make reservations at CRT for breakfast on our next trip. It wouldn't be the same without it!

Have so much fun your trip!!

You just can't outgrow the magic!
DH and I snagged an 8:10 CP ressie this past March. We have no kids, and I'm 35 and he's ten years older than me :rotfl2:

I was 57 the last time I had breakfast at CP. I was thrilled with my 8:05 AM time for the same reason as the OP, and I had a blast. The breakfast was a birthday treat for my friend. She turned 64 that day!

Beth

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement! Also fun to hear about the good times other couples have had at CP. :goodvibes

You just can't outgrow the magic!
DH and I snagged an 8:10 CP ressie this past March. We have no kids, and I'm 35 and he's ten years older than me :rotfl2:

Completely agree! We're both 38, no kids, and I think we have as much fun at CP as the kids do. I can truthfully say we're just as excited. (Maybe even a little more excited than the kids...) :banana:

Also 30-somethings, with no kids, and loved the exact experience you mentioned. Empty Magic Kingdom for pics is incredible, and the food at CP was the best of the breakfast buffets we tried, and with my wife being a HUGE Eeyore fan, the characters were great. Have a magical trip!

I'm 26 this year and ate at CP last trip for both breakfast and dinner. Loved the breakfast - almost didn't keep the ressie as dinner was so bad, but breakfast was one of the best meals of the trip. Character interaction was fab and so was the food! Congratulations :)

I'm 30 something & my trip is not complete unless I can take pucs ina nearly empty park & get to start my day with my boy Tigger! :)

Happy Honeymoon!

At this point, it's a tradition for DH and I to have an early ADR at CP for breakfast on our first "full" day at the world - we had a trip last year where it was closed for renovation and the trip just wasn't the same for us.

Oh, and I'm 34 and I STILL get excited like a little kid when Eeyore comes around to our table :rotfl2:

Congrats on the marriage :goodvibes

I don't know if they are still doing this, but beware (and be aware) of opening time changes that will ruin your empty-park plans.

Last December we had an 8:05 reservation, park opening at 9...but at some point in the previous few days they'd changed the time for park opening. Opened at 8. SO disappointing. Both my cousin's husband and I were using a touring website, and neither of us had noticed this change, or had we checked disneyworld.com before that day...

So be aware that they might change the opening time for MK!

We love Crystal Palace and it is a must do for breakfast on the last day of our vacation every year. This year will be a party of six - ages 79, 50, 26, 24, 22, and 21. We love Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore!!

I don't know if they are still doing this, but beware (and be aware) of opening time changes that will ruin your empty-park plans.

Last December we had an 8:05 reservation, park opening at 9...but at some point in the previous few days they'd changed the time for park opening. Opened at 8. SO disappointing. Both my cousin's husband and I were using a touring website, and neither of us had noticed this change, or had we checked disneyworld.com before that day...

So be aware that they might change the opening time for MK!

Wow, that would really stink! I'm guessing they mainly do that in the summer months based on last minute crowd projections. Was it a particularly busy time in December? We typically go in late Feb or late Oct/early Nov and have thankfully never run into that. Thanks for the heads up on that! Just assumed it was always 9:00am except for EMH days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter