More dining reviews June 9 - 18 Pt. 3

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
Concourse Steakhouse

We all made it to 10 minutes before AR time except for the 16 year old girls who made it right on time (or close which counts as on time with those two). We were seated in a large booth on one side chairs on the other right next to Chef Mickey's (and that's where I sat so I could play pretend that I was waving my napkin ;-) Ambience left a little to be desired. If we had brought our kids when they were little they would have loved having the monorail go by overhead. It was entertaining the first couple of times.
I could kick myself for not remembering our server's name... but she was WONDERFUL. Patient, friendly, and did not make us feel rushed. Perhaps why our bill was so high lol. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is really my place but I thought this would be a change and less expensive. Well, kids have grown and now they order salads, big cuts of meat, dessert....so it was still just as expensive as the YSH. That's the problem with a large group. Stopping your children from ordering the $6 salads, baked potatoes at a charge, and a side of sauteed mushrooms is hard when they are several feet away from you. Just kidding. We don't deprive our kids of veggies. And if they eat it all (which they did) it is well worth it. We all ordered steak and prime rib cooked as ordered which I appreciate, and friend's dh had roasted chicken. He ate everything on his plate. The chocolate cake was sinful. It took 4 of us to eat it all. And I'm not usually a dessert person. My friend's ds started feeling ill from his day at Blizzard Beach so he and his dad left early. My dh hailed a cab cince we could barely move we were so full. It was so worth it.
Grade - B , food B, service A+ (which can mean a LOT after a long day),

Boatwright's at POR

Our friends ate breakfast here 3 times and they had nothing but good things to say. From what they told me they stuck with eggs, bacon, etc. but friend also commented on how good the sweet potato pancakes were. They said they were surprised at the quick service. We just aren't big sit down breakfast eaters so we basically got things from the food court. The night that our friends left we stopped at Boatwright's at about 7:00 to see if we could get in for dinner. They asked if we wanted an 8:45 p.s. so we agreed and went back to the room to rest a bit before we went back down. Lots of people trying to walk up at that time and were being turned away. We waited only about 10 minutes and were seated. Even though it's not a quiet place for sure, we liked where we were seated and thought the atmosphere was fine. We all ate the complimentary cornbread and dh and I love it but even though our kids were born and raised in the south, they never eat cornbread - yet they loved this. Disney magic perhaps? One ds had the marinated filet, dh had the jambalaya which was better than House of Blues jambalaya. The rest of us had prime rib. It was just as good as the Concourse, if not a little better. DS who ordered the steak thought it was a little too spicy but I poured my au just over it for him and then he ate very bite. Our service was very good here also. We got very lucky this trip. We would definitely come back here for a nice leisurely dinner. One thing I would recommend is even if you don't decide to eat here until the night before, or that morning, get your name in as an ADR because the food court gets crowded and there are a LOT of people who decide to try Boatwright's at the last minute.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I've never been impressed by Boatwrights, however, that was before I discovered Jambalaya several years ago. I order it whenever I can, and would say that House of Blues is the best I've tried. Maybe I will have to change my plans and go to Boatwrights instead!

We enjoyed Boatrights for dinner too. :thumbsup2 The portions are huge!! Next time we are going to go for breakfast! :teeth:

We enjoyed our breakfast at Boatwright's. My DBF had the banana stuffed french toast, she loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter