More comfortable than Crocs......

Isn't this the "shoe" store that is supposed to open at WDW DTD? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong and it was really DLR that was getting it.

We had the pilot store out here at DL DTD for 6 months. It was so amazingly popular and profitable that (as they were closing for RidemakerZ expansion) the manager told me they were slated to take the spot Basin was vacating at the end of their contract. Sure enough, they waited almost a year before reopening and it has been hugely successful since then.

Lois is right - I do rave about them. I've had a white pair for about 7 or 8 years that is still as comfy as the day I got them. I also discovered last weekend that they could be cleaned with Kaboom with bleach and be restored to "almost new" looking. :banana: What a happy accident to find out when cleaning lime scale out of the bathtub...

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check them out. I only wear crocs (even have winter ones) and I am looking for something to expand my shoe wardrobe.:thumbsup2

Very interesting. I am a Croc junkie too, I have 8 pairs, but recently have been looking for something not as Croc-ish because I get grief for wearing them all the time. One of the reasons I love Crocs is because of squish when you walk, are the Sanuk's squishy on the bottom? I can't come down on a hard bottom anymore.

Very interesting. I am a Croc junkie too, I have 8 pairs, but recently have been looking for something not as Croc-ish because I get grief for wearing them all the time. One of the reasons I love Crocs is because of squish when you walk, are the Sanuk's squishy on the bottom? I can't come down on a hard bottom anymore.

They make a few different sole, but yes - they have the squish factor. Of course everyone's feet are different, so your mileage may vary of what you consider "squishy".

I was checking out Sanuk's and saw they have some pretty good deals on them on 6pm.com. A couple women's thong style are $16. I didn't look at the men's but they had some.

I am a huge crocs fan (I love Keen's too but the pricetag on them) I saw the sanuk in Cocoa beach and was intrigued by them. You don't mind the thing in between the toes??

I didn't buy the "flip flop" (or thong...that was for you Royster) type.

I bought the more shoe like version with the cloth uppers.

Since my eye surgery, my balance and depth perception aren't what they used to be. I would kill myself in flip flops.

The advertising describes them as "bedroom slipper uppers + sandal bottoms = ahhhhh" and I completely agree.

I find them just as comfortable as Crocs, but a little more ready for everyday.

Keeping in mind that I am currently on vacation, live in Florida and work from home....these will be perfect for me.

They might be a tough sell in snow and slush or at a business meeting.
:laughing:

I am wearing these right now. Have I told you that I love them? I have? Let me tell you again......I love these things.:thumbsup2

I have three pairs of the sanuuk womens yoga mat shoes and love them. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, although my feet do hurt wearing them for 2 weeks straight at Disney since your on your feet all day. But there is aboslutely no rubbing and they are so soft and comfortable (just my arch hurts).

This year I bought a pair of orthaheels that have a built in arch. They are not soft and comfy like the sanuuk's, but hopefully the bottoms of my feet will do better. I'm bringing both to Disney this year, so I have two types of shoes to fall back on.

I highly recommend the sanuuk though and the orthaheel.
So would you say the sanuk's don't have good arch support? I have really crappy arches, and absolutely can't wear shoes that don't have good arch support.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Just heard about these this past weekend while at a wine festival - this woman I was speaking to was raving about them...I need to find these!!! Glad to hear another person raving madly about them! Checked out the link and the women's are all thong-style and quite attractive. The men's has one that is a slide-style.
The women's aren't all thongs. There are a bunch of women's styles that are regular "slide-on" shoes:

http://www.sanuk.com/womens-sidewalk-surfers

Sayhello

DD has been a big Sanuk fan for a while now. I haven't tried them yet except I wore DD's BF's yoga mat flip flops once at the beach. They were wonderful & I don't usually like flip flops.

Kevin, I saw that you are on vacation in Hawaii. I hope you have a great time!

I have bad arches and knee issues, so if I don't wear my custom orthotics or Birkenstocks, I don't walk for long. I order my Birks online and the site has a Birkenstock insole that has enlarged my shoe wardrobe MEGA. You could use the insoles in these (men).
I know someone else who is addicted to these shoes in the summer.

I'm also a beilever. I converted a couple of months ago, while looking for the perfect flip flops, and I found them.

I have bad heel pain so I can't be on my feet for too long before they start to scream in pain. I spent 5 hours at the amusement park in these babies and I felt NO PAIN. It was almost weird...I kept expecting my heels to start aching while waiting in line.

I have the yoga mat flip flops.

Just ordered my first pair. Can't wait to feel the comfort

If you need more cushion and arch support but insist on wearing a Flip Flop - two words for you: FitFlop!

Men and women shoes - don't buy the marketing that they will get you in shape - hogwash - but comfort and durability? Absolutely...

I bought my Sanuks...the ones with the yoga mat soles...at Dillards. They were $30 and I have to agree that they are some of the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn.:hippie:

DW liked the look of these but like Crocs I do not enjoy a slipon shoe. Add the fact that I have to wear socks otherwise I get blister.

They look a nice shoe and we saw them in a number of shops in Orlando :)

I ordered a pair after reading this thread. They are so comfortable! Kevin, your recommendations are always spot on!! I ordered a Hydroflask (which I love) and now I love these shoes! Thank you for sharing another great product!!:goodvibes

I ordered a pair after reading this thread. They are so comfortable! Kevin, your recommendations are always spot on!! I ordered a Hydroflask (which I love) and now I love these shoes! Thank you for sharing another great product!!:goodvibes

Thanks for letting me know.

I love mine.

If you need more cushion and arch support but insist on wearing a Flip Flop - two words for you: FitFlop!

Men and women shoes - don't buy the marketing that they will get you in shape - hogwash - but comfort and durability? Absolutely...

THIS!!!! My FitFlops have cured my plantar faciitis. My butt is still lumpy, but at least I'm not in pain when I walk! :thumbsup2

--Hillary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter