• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Closures

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
I gathered the following closure info, which is being mostly attributed to budget cuts, from Screamsacape's latest update.

It seems that the pasta/pizza restaurant(next to the Coca Cola Cooling Station) near spaceship earth may have closed down as early as today. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, according to a source, the cast of MGM's Doug Live show has been told that the show will be closing permanantly very soon.

On a good note, the water tank area of the backlot tour in MGM is currently closed and will be re-themed to their upcoming Pearl Harbor film.

The Doug Show closing rumor is no rumor. In two weeks it'll be so long Doug! So for all you Doug fans out there, you've got two weeks until he's gone. Sorry.

I wish you people would stop bashing Doug Live. I had never seen the TV show but once I saw the Doug Live I became an instant fan of the series. It is the third best show at the Studios in my opinion, behind Fantasmic and Hunchback. Why does everyone hate it?

I agree with onwiththeshow. The doug show was actually really entertaining. But since he's no longer the newest flavor of the month, he has to go.(Disney rules I guess) I expect the same thing to happen to Bear in the Big Blue House.

Perhaps they will get rid of that horrible drew carey sound thing as well.:earseek:

I had no idea that Doug was closing. Yesterday, on our way out of the Studios (and to the car and home) I took Natalie in to see the show for the first time. Glad I did, she really enjoyed it. Oh well. Wasn't that bad to me. Not a repeater like HoND or Fantasmic, but kind of funny and entertaining.

Enough about Doug....what about the Pasta/Pizza place...I enjoy the Pizza there....It's a nice place to grab a quick bite...:earseek:

Just as long as they don't close the coffee/dessert shop next tot he pizz and pasta place I'm just fine.

Can't wait for August.

Why would they close the Pasta and Pizza place? (Does any remember the name? ;) ) The Land can get overly crowded and not everyone enjoys the type of food Pure and Simple serves. And don't get me started about the Electric Umbrella. That leaves few places to eat in the Future World area. I wish that they would reopen the Odyssey (sp?) as a full-serve restaurant without characters.

In fact, are there currently any rumors about the future of the Odyssey building?

I am not sure what they are going to do with the Odyssey, but they really have to do something. The place is an eye sore. They really have to do something very quick, but it appears this is just another in the long line of closures which has fallen into the, "We will close it and let it sit there forever" mentality going around Disney recently. Either way, something really has to be done about this building.

Panthius

It is used extensively during special events at Epcot such as the F&WF and the F&GF. I think that they like having a place that is available for things like cooking seminars, winemaker dinners, grand tastings, and the food among the flowers brunch.

Originally posted by Panthius
I am not sure what they are going to do with the Odyssey, but they really have to do something. The place is an eye sore. They really have to do something very quick, but it appears this is just another in the long line of closures which has fallen into the, "We will close it and let it sit there forever" mentality going around Disney recently. Either way, something really has to be done about this building.

Panthius

The Odyssey building is used quite a bit. It is where the Baby Care Center and First Aid are located, and special dining events regularly take place there (like the Food among the Flowers Brunch right now).

Ok, so it is being used. I am aware of the baby center and there are also bathrooms on the side by Mexico. This may be the case, but in my opinion, this could use a refurbishment. Just a prettying up of the building and the surrounding area. When I had seen it last, firstly, the birds had made quite a mess all over the building which could be clearly seen from the walkway. Also, it looks like the actual building is closed down and hasn't been used for anything in quite some time when it is not being used. I see this as an issue as one of the key ingredients to Disney's recipe for success is to provide a visually appealling experience. Granted, there are other things I would like to see get done first which I find more important such as the MK 20,000 Leagues lagoon, but I think that building sticks out as just an ordinary (not to mention ugly) building against the rest of Epcot.

Panthius

Pasta Piazza officially closed down on april 28th. They stated that it was due to low attendance. They are now serving pasta at the land and the mickey pizza's are at Electric Umbrella. The Fountain View which sold the pasteries and coffee is still open

Jeez... That's really odd. I was just at Epcot on April 29th and I'm almost certain the Past Piazza was open. Maybe I'm hallucinating, but it sure seemed like it was open. Oh well... They were serving pizzas at the Electric Umbrella, though. (I know, because I ate one... Heehee!)
The Odyssey Center is horrible looking. I was there on a school band competition, leading several of my friends around who had never been to Disney before. (I seriously think I could be a tour guide! That was so much fun...) Anyflip, whenever we were walking over to Mexico, by way of the path next to the Odyssey, they all mentioned how Disney should either get rid of the place or clean the windows. I wanted to argue against what they said because I love Disney so much, but I honestly couldn't. It really did look horrible.
Everything else was great though. I'd never been there during the Flower & Garden Festival, and the place was just gorgeous! I took sooo many pictures!

*Serenity*

There are plans for a new eatery, but not just yet...Its last day was April 28th. Yes, I'm sure. I work across from it at MouseGear. Odyssey is used for meetings and some cast events...at least until they need the space. The Flower and Garden Festival is a Don't Miss! All the colors and designs....

Livingin New jErsey i have had some good pizza....But Pasta Piazza is my favorite pizza in the whole world and will be ubelievably unhappy if they close it.. which i doubt...:(

ContempoSMT, if you think you are still in the Amazon, you are really in Denial. Safari Steve may appreciate that quote.

Seriously, it is currently closed. Forever? Who knows, but it is not open now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter