• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

This is a big thing I look forward to too! Being a SAHM with an online business I don't get out much to socialize. Even when I do Disney isn't a huge draw here in Nebraska. So many look at WDW as a one time trip you take with your kids. So many people (mostly people who've never been) look at me like I'm nuts for going to WDW so much! It would be so freeing to have a whole weekend to talk to a group of people who "get it" about WDW! :cloud9:

That is definitely part of the reason why I hope to make it every year, and why I love the DISboards and my new Disney Twitter family.

This is a big thing I look forward to too! Being a SAHM with an online business I don't get out much to socialize. Even when I do Disney isn't a huge draw here in Nebraska. So many look at WDW as a one time trip you take with your kids. So many people (mostly people who've never been) look at me like I'm nuts for going to WDW so much! It would be so freeing to have a whole weekend to talk to a group of people who "get it" about WDW! :cloud9:

Kind of like this forum on steroids!! :thumbsup2

*big sigh* I'm exhausted from waiting and from
trying to guess what's going on with the process. :sad2:

I have an easier solution for you, just move to Orlando. :banana::)

*big sigh* I'm exhausted from waiting and from
trying to guess what's going on with the process. :sad2:

Hang in there! :hippie: You can do it!!!

I just took another look at my video, and oh my gosh! I had the dumbest look on my face at the end...it was somewhere between cheesy and clueless. Bet Laura and Company got a good chuckle out of that!

~Page

I totally agree!!! :thumbsup2 I would love to spend time talking to other people who understand my love for all things Disney!!!

I'm starting to agree with this!!!!!

Ugghhh...this waiting has been just terrible...

Yesterday was my 36th Birthday, and I was just hoping for the email to come...nope..nothing!!!

I'm starting to wonder if they will be conducting phone interviews at all, or just picking the newest WDW Moms from the R2 applicants...???

Happy Birthday LaneOT!!!!! I hope it was magical!!!!

I just took another look at my video, and oh my gosh! I had the dumbest look on my face at the end...it was somewhere between cheesy and clueless. Bet Laura and Company got a good chuckle out of that!

~Page
OMG, I know what you mean. The end of my video was really cheesy, too. That's a good word for it. Of course, after I sent it, I wished I'd sent an earlier one I'd taped, but you know, at some point you just have to say "OK! I'm DONE!"

Sayhello

~Page

I looked at mine too because I have been worried that I didn't send it correctly and if the panel could actually view it. My hair looks worse than I remember it looking and at the end of my video I am still lost in remembering and smiling like a crazy person while I turn off the computer. I almost forgot to turn it off in time. I also keep thinking that as soon as I hit send that all of my essay questions jumbled up just as they were being submitted. Well, someone famous once said "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam!" :laughing:

I coped with last week's uncertainty by being busy (and, sadly, sick for part of the time) at WDW. We enjoyed a split stay between VWL and BWV, and had a great time, particularly when we left the kids at the resort with my DM and really enjoyed the Food & Wine festival. ;)

I've coped with this week by staying busy getting things done that didn't happen while we were in Florida. But as I'm getting things under control around here, I find myself checking my email box and checking this board more and more to see if anyone's heard anything.

And I think I scared one of the nicer moms in my daughter's Gymboree class today, talking about DVC and how much we love WDW. Oops.

I just want to know something at this point. The closer it gets to 11/14 and still being in the running is getting my hopes up. I know I probably don't have a chance but it will be disappointing to have it official. The longer the wait the harder I will fall I think! :confused:

I just want to know something at this point. The closer it gets to 11/14 and still being in the running is getting my hopes up. I know I probably don't have a chance but it will be disappointing to have it official. The longer the wait the harder I will fall I think! :confused:

I feel this way, too!! I'm just so ready to know either way!:goodvibes

I can't imagine how much fun the training weekend would be! My husband doesn't get Disney like I do, so to talk Disney with people who love it like me would be awesome.

HAH! Love this.

I actually have NOT been talking about this with hubs (since I told him about R2) so imagine my surprise last night when he said, "oh, whatever happened with that Mom thing? Remember that?"

:lmao:

I can relate! I think my DH is as excited as I am to find out! He keeps checking in with me to see if I've heard anything. (I am DVC R2). Waiting is just part of the magical journey. I'm just going to keep the faith that we'll all know soon and be dancing :cool1: for joy!

:earsgirl:

We will be at OKW from the 11th - 18 of December. I hope I get to meet many of you. :)

Everyone is right about cold weather in December. My advice is to layer all of your clothing. We have gone in December for several years now and it has been close to freezing a few times.

I have learned to pack gloves, scarves, hats, blankets and lots of sweatshirts and jackets. You can swim on day and worry about frost the next!

Here are my DD's and my parents on a boat returning from HDDR. It was COLD!
It was so cold! I remember it. We had on gloves and everything. The stores were selling a lot of hats, scarves and gloves!!:rotfl::santa: You sort of have to plan for everything in December.

I know.......instead of having people look at you like you are crazy, you would have people actually begging you for info and answers about Disney. I mean how awesome would that be? Getting to chat and answer questions all the time about the one thing I love? Talk about a dream job. :thumbsup2 A neighbor just emailed me about planning a trip for next fall. I realize the two page email with attachments and at least 10 links I sent her might have scared her off. LOL- actually today she said thanks. I loved helping. Getting to do that everyday would be simply magical and sharing that passion with others that GET IT!!!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

I think the longer I wait, the harder the fall will be too. I am hopeful, but not knowing how many they are picking and then seeing how great all of you guys are is making it tough. You don't even know what your real odds are. You make some really tough competition! :grouphug::thumbsup2

Ok, so there have been some really funny tweets over at #wdwmoms and it got me thinking...while we wait, why don't we come up with a "Top Ten List" of ways you know today is not the day the email will come...

I'll start with #10

It won't come today, because it is "today" and it will only ever come "tomorrow."

Next...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter