• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

A little birdie told me.... OK not REALLY! But let's be optimistic! I'm thinking that the panel needs to be so big this year due to all of the new and different categories...that we'll all be celebrating together in December!:goodvibes

OK, so has anyone else considered that maybe, just maybe, we were all on a plane that crashed on an unchartered island miles of course......

Maybe R2 is code for the survivors of Oceanic 812....

Could be, because lets face it, the ending of the show really didn't close things out, and this could just be a continuation....

Oh, and I want to be Desmond, cuz his accent was awesome.

Hilarious! I hadn't thought about this before, but hmm...it does seem plausible. Can't wait to see what happens next! popcorn:: :goodvibes

Well, as a professional writer and former technical writer, I do feel compelled to point out the email could be read two ways. It says:

And while ambiguous writing drives me up the wall, this can also be read as they will contact us via email the first week of November. In other words, it doesn't technically say that the interview would be the first week of November. It can also say that the email scheduling the interview will be sent the first week of November.

In other words, there are grammatic pieces that can be removed here and the sentence will still be technically correct:

"A representative from the WDW Moms Panel will contact you [...] the first week of November"

And the fact that we haven't heard yet and it's the first week in November--um... :scared1: Hopefully we will hear tomorrow rather than Friday.

In fact... here is what I posted on facebook on Saturday!

Regarding the email and when we will be notified.... huge debate with my hubby last night about the interpretation! We are both lawyers so let's say it was interesting! My opinion.. it can easy and accurately be interpreted BOTH ways! ;) And I'm usually right! ;)

There are definitely two ways to interpret that email... the bottom line is that it will come when it comes.... and we are all ready for it!! Good luck to everyone!!! :wizard:

OK, so has anyone else considered that maybe, just maybe, we were all on a plane that crashed on an unchartered island miles of course......

Maybe R2 is code for the survivors of Oceanic 812....

Could be, because lets face it, the ending of the show really didn't close things out, and this could just be a continuation....

Oh, and I want to be Desmond, cuz his accent was awesome.

Well I call Kate, or Juliet I guess! Kate is so tough and gets all the good guys. Really I don't care as long as I end up with Sawyer! ;)

This is funny but a small part of me is starting to wonder if there is some truth to it! I think the insanity is really starting to settle in. :upsidedow

Hi, there! I'm new to this group, but am also waiting to hopefully get a magical R3 email in my inbox as well. It's been hard to wait, but time goes by faster with a smile on your face. Thanks to everyone for their funny and positive posts! Good luck! I'm sending out extra pixie dust in this post to help speed things along. :) :) :)

Just signing on to subscribe to the new thread. Watching and waiting to see which of you lovely ladies and gentleman will get the call! Good Luck to all!

Just wanted to chime in and share that I received my R2 email on 10/8 @ 3:35 PM. :thumbsup2

Secondly - I have thought about the wording of that "first week of November" a few times too...so technically, Monday could be the day, I suppose? Let's just say...c'est la vie, right? :rolleyes1

I was so good this evening and worked on a grad school paper and didn't check email, FB, twitter or the DIS once..I don't know how I did it!

But now, it's bed time so sweet dreams 'til tmrw, pals! Can't wait to see y'all again...same time (all day) same place (all day) :cloud9:

Happy Birthday to all who are celebrating this week!

Fortunately, I have had a busy week, and that is continuing through the weekend. On the upside, I received my cruise documents today, which is always fun. :banana:

For the record, I received my Round 2 notification at 2:46 central time.

My R2 email came in at 2:46 CST on 10/8.

My Dd came home from school this afternoon and asked me if Disney was still trying to kill me or if they'd emailed! :lmao: I told her still trying to kill me! ;)

Hi everybody! It's been a long couple of days... we finally got our power back on and I have never been so happy in my life to experience lights and hot water! It's been crazy and I'm exhausted, but now I'm really looking forward to hearing something about R3. It's so far past what we all thought it was going to be that I really have no clue when to expect news anymore. Last year we were doing interviews this week, so I don't know if that is what they planned on doing this year as well, but had so many more applicants because of the different divisions that the whole process has fallen behind, or if what they really meant by first week of November is next week. Who knows at this point... I'm just going to try my best to get on with other things until I see that little blinking light on my phone telling me that I have a message, and (surprise!) it's from Disney. It could be tomorrow, could be next week...but I have spent way too much time obsessing about this and now I really have to get back to my life! lol In any case, good news, bad news...whatever, it is all MOST welcome at any point here on out!

So, I've been wondering... people who were on the panel last year, are they going through the same process as we are or are they grandfathered in? I was just wondering how many spots there would be left if they are filling some of them. It's kind of intimidating to think of going up against the seasoned vetrans. I have complete confidence in the written portion of my application but had such a hard time submitting the video, I had to keep re-shooting and ended up having to shoot it with a cell phone so the video is definitely lacking :(

Hi everybody! It's been a long couple of days... we finally got our power back on and I have never been so happy in my life to experience lights and hot water! It's been crazy and I'm exhausted, but now I'm really looking forward to hearing something about R3. It's so far past what we all thought it was going to be that I really have no clue when to expect news anymore. Last year we were doing interviews this week, so I don't know if that is what they planned on doing this year as well, but had so many more applicants because of the different divisions that the whole process has fallen behind, or if what they really meant by first week of November is next week. Who knows at this point...

So glad to hear you have power!!

I'm thinking today HAS to be the day...

I keep analyzing the email, too, and I think that if they meant for us to hear about making it into Round 3 next week, the statement would have read, "If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Paneler will contact you via email the first week of Novemberto schedule a phone interview."

HOWEVER, the email actually read, "If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will contact you via email to schedule a phone interview the first week of November."

So, I am still thinking we have to hear today...they will need time to schedule those interviews for next week, right? Oh, goodness! What an exciting roller coaster this has been!

So glad to hear you have power!!

I'm thinking today HAS to be the day...

I keep analyzing the email, too, and I think that if they meant for us to hear about making it into Round 3 next week, the statement would have read, "If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Paneler will contact you via email the first week of Novemberto schedule a phone interview."

HOWEVER, the email actually read, "If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will contact you via email to schedule a phone interview the first week of November."

So, I am still thinking we have to hear today...they will need time to schedule those interviews for next week, right? Oh, goodness! What an exciting roller coaster this has been!

I too have been analyzing & re-analyzing the email. I keep coming back to that highlighted sentence & can't help but wonder at this point if what it means is they are only contacting those that made it to round 3. The round 2 confirmation email did say due to the large volume of responses they couldn't contact everyone. I really hope my theory is not the case. I know this is not how they've done it in the past & I would hope they would not just leave the rest of us hanging & wondering. They've just given us way too much time to think about it & think about it some more! :crazy:

End of last week was the low point for me. Just as a PP mentioned a few pages back the stress of endless waiting got the better of me & I had a brief cry session. Since then I've pretty much reconciled myself to not making it past round 2 & I'm ok with it. I can try again until it is my time. After I found out on Friday I was going to be a Great Auntie I kind of got the distinct feeling that was going to be my consolation prize & the good news is that is something I can keep forever, not just for a year. :yay:

I'm sending out tons of pixie dust to whomever does or maybe already did get a congratulations you made it email. I know you'll do us proud. No more obsessing for me.

Keep the faith, all! I love the commitment everyone has shown here. I hope it's today, but if it's not today, it is comforting that all of us will be here to support each other through the uncertainty. Hope everyone has a great day - I'll be on the road so won't find out anything until I check in late today. :goodvibes

You know what is funny? As a general rule, I get a lot of Disney emails (movie club, destinations, etc), but I never realized JUST HOW MANY I get until I am constantly seeing Disney pop up in my inbox - but not the email I am waiting for! :rotfl2:

Back from the Dream last week and drowning under a ton of laundry!

Hoping to hear soon :thumbsup2

Hey MisFit - what's the two day teaser cruise? Sounds fun!

You know what is funny? As a general rule, I get a lot of Disney emails (movie club, destinations, etc), but I never realized JUST HOW MANY I get until I am constantly seeing Disney pop up in my inbox - but not the email I am waiting for! :rotfl2:

I was thinking the very same thing! And each one gives me a little jolt! :laughing:

Morning everyone!

I am surprisingly calm today. Maybe because Starbucks has their red cups back and that always makes me :goodvibes or maybe because I am going to Buffalo to start my Christmas shopping this weekend :thumbsup2 (Mmmm....dinner at The Melting Pot!)

I hope that today is the day, but I've got the same view as some of the other posters....I've let this consume my life enough! I have a lot to keep me busy, so I'll check in this afternoon :) Good luck to everyone and here's hoping we get news (preferably good news!) soon! :grouphug:

From one of the 2011 Moms:

MrsCassieP
This may be a "life changing" day for the potential #wdwmoms! You never know! See you real soon - December! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter