More Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Just popping in to say a huge thankyou for all of your congratulations messages! It really does mean such a lot!

I still can't quite belive it!

WOO HOO, CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE :woohoo:

Our new 2011 Moms Panelists !!! :banana::banana::banana:

(wow doesn't that sound good !!)

Emma :), Ritzy :), Marisol :), Jill :), Teronya :), Ca'Sandra :)

:grouphug:

More congratulations to our new additions! And welcome, Ca'Sandra! :wizard:

Hi Tron, I love everything you've said here - may I use that quote as my Facebook status today ? (I'm Susan Farrell on facebook). :goodvibes

Of course!!! Thank you so much, Susan!! Please hold on to your dreams! With your passion, I KNOW you'd be fabulous on the panel! :)

Tron :)

pixiedust:Good Morning to all! How did all you new panel members sleep last night? I bet a bit more soundly now that the selection process is over.

Just remember one thing, Ca'Sandra, Emma, Jill, Marisol, Ritzy M., and Teronya; we are expecting progress reports on your upcoming training trip. :thumbsup2

Little things are fun to share like where will you be staying for your training or what special gifts are you taking with you to share. Have you begun to panic about what you are going to wear yet? I understand there are some restrictions! :lmao::scared:

What an adventure awaits you all!:thumbsup2

We would also a love a video similar to the one the Marc put together during last years training trip. Emma, we know you are an expert in videos. We want to live vicariously though all of you!:goodvibes

:tinker:Have a blast during the coming year and let your passion for all things Disney flow from each and every one of you! :smickey:

Oh, EMMA! Your videos are AWESOME! The footage and editing brought me in as if I were sailing right there with you!

Congratulations to all DIS'ers! May you enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure ahead of you!

I hope those receiving the bad news can take comfort in their acomplishments thus far. And the good news? Disney will continue to search out panelists for years to come, I'm sure. This is not the end of the road, but merely a setback.

When you yearn for something so badly, it hurts that much more and I hope the pain is short-lived:hug:.

Just like the movies we allow our children to watch and embrace, the strongest Disney characters dust themselves off and move forward, carrying their wisdom and grace!

Congratulations to the new members of the Moms Panel!!!!! So happy for you guys! :wizard::cheer2:

Congrats to all the new mom's panel inductees! Have a ball...and make a note of the dumbest questions to laugh about later!(Would that be so wrong?:lmao:)

Way to go all!:cool1::yay::cheer2::dance3::flower3:

:cheer2: Congratulations to all our new Moms Panelists... can't wait to hear all about your experience! You must be all SO excited... I've loved reading every word you've written about how you've been feeling, how you reacted... it's been wonderful, and I'm so proud to have been a part of this, even for a little while. You're all going to be great additions to the Panel... enjoy every moment!! :cheer2:

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be one of the Disney Moms (Dads) on the 2011 Panel. I have been a member of the DIS since 2007 but as you can see from my number of posts, I have been mostly a “lurker”… If I were to reply to all of the posts I read I wouldn’t be able to do anything else!!

I have to honestly say that you all have kept me sane for the past two weeks! I am usually not too superstitious but when I applied for the panel I didn’t let anyone (ANYONE!) know that I had applied.

Through every round, I have kept completely quiet… I guess maybe to not Jinx myself or just in case I didn’t make it to the next round? Who knows? Anyway, after making it to the third round without any kind of support, these past two weeks have been a nightmare at home, work, soccer practices, play rehearsals, and everything else!

I want you all to know that reading YOUR posts have allowed me to make it through this process! When I read that so many very worthy candidates had not made it, I was crushed and felt every bit of pain for each one of you! So, I sat the rest of the afternoon waiting to get that “No” call as well.

Laura called yesterday around 2:10est. and nonchalantly asked me “How are you? What are you doing?”… OK Really? I knew from the 407 area code who was on the phone and WHY!!! Through the goose bumps and chills, I said weakly, “um… I’m fine, just working… How are you?” She said, “goooood… I have a question to ask you…” From there on I’m not too sure what happened! I was walking through our huge office talking and trying to find an open conference room! I never found an empty one and ended up at the Coke machines…
I got all the info, thanked Laura what had to be a million times, and proceeded to call my wife…

Like I said, my wife had no clue I had even applied! She still doesn’t understand what in the World the Disney Moms Panel is and “why is a Man on it?” I guess she’ll have a year to figure it out… (Can you tell I plan all of the Disney trips for the family?) My five year old has no idea what daddy is going to be doing, “are you going to be working with Mickey?” My nine year old daughter is on an overnight field trip so she has no clue. We are both in a local production of “Annie” and the second weekend of the show is during the Dec. training so I will have to miss that weekend’s shows! I’m not sure how she will take that? Shoot, I’m not sure how our Director will take it! Maybe something from the Mouse House will comfort both of them?!?!

To tell you the truth I don’t even know what all of this will entail! All I know is that I will be able to do what I normally do around my friends, neighbors, and coworkers in a much grander scale… and that’s help them with their trips!

Ladies, once again, I just want to thank you all for sharing your stories these past few months and allowing me to share in the tears and laughter even from the outside “lurking” in… I promise to take all that I have read to heart and try to make you all proud as I serve on the Disney Moms Panel for as long as they will have me! Keep working for your goals and “Live for the Moment!”

I look forward to meeting all of the finalists and active Panel members in December and hopefully meeting the rest of you all in the “2012 Panel” next year!

Much Love, Angelo!

P.S. I wonder if you vets will know if Disney will let me reserve the Sprinkling of Pixie Dust to the ladies and let me use Genie’s tried and true “Let’s Make Some Magic!” Not saying Pixie Dust isn’t “Macho” :cool2: enough… It’s just one of my favorite lines!!!

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I will be one of the Disney Moms (Dads) on the 2011 Panel. I have been a member of the DIS since 2007 but as you can see from my number of posts, I have been mostly a “lurker”… If I were to reply to all of the posts I read I wouldn’t be able to do anything else!!

I have to honestly say that you all have kept me sane for the past two weeks! I am usually not too superstitious but when I applied for the panel I didn’t let anyone (ANYONE!) know that I had applied.

Through every round, I have kept completely quiet… I guess maybe to not Jinx myself or just in case I didn’t make it to the next round? Who knows? Anyway, after making it to the third round without any kind of support, these past two weeks have been a nightmare at home, work, soccer practices, play rehearsals, and everything else!

I want you all to know that reading YOUR posts have allowed me to make it through this process! When I read that so many very worthy candidates had not made it, I was crushed and felt every bit of pain for each one of you! So, I sat the rest of the afternoon waiting to get that “No” call as well.

Laura called yesterday around 2:10est. and nonchalantly asked me “How are you? What are you doing?”… OK Really? I knew from the 407 area code who was on the phone and WHY!!! Through the goose bumps and chills, I said weakly, “um… I’m fine, just working… How are you?” She said, “goooood… I have a question to ask you…” From there on I’m not too sure what happened! I was walking through our huge office talking and trying to find an open conference room! I never found an empty one and ended up at the Coke machines…
I got all the info, thanked Laura what had to be a million times, and proceeded to call my wife…

Like I said, my wife had no clue I had even applied! She still doesn’t understand what in the World the Disney Moms Panel is and “why is a Man on it?” I guess she’ll have a year to figure it out… (Can you tell I plan all of the Disney trips for the family?) My five year old has no idea what daddy is going to be doing, “are you going to be working with Mickey?” My nine year old daughter is on an overnight field trip so she has no clue. We are both in a local production of “Annie” and the second weekend of the show is during the Dec. training so I will have to miss that weekend’s shows! I’m not sure how she will take that? Shoot, I’m not sure how our Director will take it! Maybe something from the Mouse House will comfort both of them?!?!

To tell you the truth I don’t even know what all of this will entail! All I know is that I will be able to do what I normally do around my friends, neighbors, and coworkers in a much grander scale… and that’s help them with their trips!

Ladies, once again, I just want to thank you all for sharing your stories these past few months and allowing me to share in the tears and laughter even from the outside “lurking” in… I promise to take all that I have read to heart and try to make you all proud as I serve on the Disney Moms Panel for as long as they will have me! Keep working for your goals and “Live for the Moment!”

I look forward to meeting all of the finalists and active Panel members in December and hopefully meeting the rest of you all in the “2012 Panel” next year!

Much Love, Angelo!

P.S. I wonder if you vets will know if Disney will let me reserve the Sprinkling of Pixie Dust to the ladies and let me use Genie’s tried and true “Let’s Make Some Magic!” Not saying Pixie Dust isn’t “Macho” :cool2: enough… It’s just one of my favorite lines!!!

Welcome !!!! I'm so happy to see you finally post!!! I'm from Greer, SC - so right around the corner from you!!! Its exciting to see another panelist so close to me!!! :grouphug:

Can't wait to meet you in person !!

Welcome to the family, Angelo!!!

Can't wait to meet you in a few shorts weeks.

:) PS. Check your "in-box" I sent you some important information.

Yes I'm a DAD!! Woo Hoo! I wonder how many other Dads will be there?

:) There are 8 Dads currently on the Panel in addition to the new ones this year :)

Welcome and I hope you are on Facebook so all the current Panelists can get to know you easier :)

Congrats to the new WDW Moms and Dad, Angelo!

It's just the beginning of a pixie-dusted journey. Welcome to our family and it'll be fun working with you in 2011!

Welcome CaSandra and Angelo! Congrats on the panel!

Also, congrats to Tron! I see you posted after I congratulated the others!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter