More Air Miles Required for Disney Tickets

I wish we had Safeway in our area (or Province?) They seem to have the best deals for bonus Airmiles it seems.

Last year we cashed our Airmiles in for Priority Club Points (for Holiday Inn chains) and got a few free nights that way. But of course, Airmiles caught on that people thought they were getting a good deal and pulled that option. Now they only offer booking hotels online with your Airmiles. Only problem, the reservations are non-refundable and you have to pay taxes and a fee, so we can't even do that.

The Disney tickets are really our only option with Airmiles (we don't fly) and they are just making it harder and harder to achieve anymore. :sad:

I've been collecting air miles for years but have never redeemed them and I'm closing in on enough points for 2 5-day tickets. I have a trip booked already but we will not need the tickets for this trip. Can I get them (when I have enough points) and 'save' them for another trip? Do they ever expire?

Yay!!! I got my last ticket! Our local Safeway just had a grand re opening and I earned 150 minimum AM every week. Now to save for at least one Disneyland ticket.

I've been collecting air miles for years but have never redeemed them and I'm closing in on enough points for 2 5-day tickets. I have a trip booked already but we will not need the tickets for this trip. Can I get them (when I have enough points) and 'save' them for another trip? Do they ever expire?
Walt Disney World tickets do not expire and you can save them for a future trip. Disneyland tickets DO expire and are generally only good for 6-12 months.

I'm another avid AM collector and not happy about the increase. I have not paid OOP for park tickets in years. If it weren't for AM we would never have been able to take all the WDW trips that we have. While I'm not happy about this increase I am more unhappy about the cancellation, from WDW, of the non expiring ticket option. Several times I have used my AM for the largest ticket that I could get and then upgraded at WDW to a 10 day non expire ticket. Those would last us through a few trips. I still have a set with 4 days left on them but will keep those until I don't have enough AM to get tickets. My DD and I are probably going to WDW for March Break 2016(DH doesn't want to go) so I might use AM for one ticket and then pay for the other....not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter