MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

:goodvibesEveryone did a wonderful job on their applications. I have heard that this year the bar was set VERY HIGH. Many, many applications were at the platinum level.

The future is bright for those of you who have the passion. Mickey has new and wonderful things in store for the future. The Illuminations Private Party was one of the ways we are keeping our cozy Disney family together.

To all the Disney Moms who applied this year, you are amazing. To the second round finalists, good luck. And to the current panelists, thank you for supporting your pixie-dusted brethren.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX:wizard:
L

A BIG congrats to all that have moved on!!!! Just wondering if it seems that everyone or most everyone is now able to log on to the MMC? I am also a bit bummed that I did not advance in the process (and I think after a few more candy corns I might feel a bit better), but I am SO excited to keep up with those who have made it, as well as all my new FB friends (b/c I really need friends who I can talk Disney with!)! So, congrats again to all!

:goodvibesEveryone did a wonderful job on their applications. I have heard that this year the bar was set VERY HIGH. Many, many applications were at the platinum level.

The future is bright for those of you who have the passion. Mickey has new and wonderful things in store for the future. The Illuminations Private Party was one of the ways we are keeping our cozy Disney family together.

To all the Disney Moms who applied this year, you are amazing. To the second round finalists, good luck. And to the current panelists, thank you for supporting your pixie-dusted brethren.

L

Thanks for taking the time to visit us here and to lift the spirits of us faced with a little disappointment today. I am was just wondering what was the final number of applications that were submitted?

I am so excited!!! Got my confirmation email today that I am moving to the next round!!! I tried last year but didn't make it so I am overjoyed that I at least get to go to the next round!!! Now, I am trying to work on my essay questions -- keep it short but memorable!!

Hoping lots of pixie dust comes my way!!!

Good luck to everyone else moving on!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

L

Thanks for this post Laura!

BTW would it ever be possible for me to get the list ahead of time? :rotfl: I am going crazy here hitting the edit button to add one poster at a time to the DisBoards list of Second Rounders! :lmao: Thank Goodness there is an "Edit" button with no time limit on it! I am only kidding but it sure is nice to dream of an easier way!

Also there is a poster (NDM#1) on the other thread who says they received their email as a forward and they suspect it is a hoax. Is there a way you can give her an answer? Here is a link to the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2307754&page=4
It is on posts #49 and #54.

Congratulations to all who made it through to Round 2! It seems like it was quite a competition with many great applications!

Enjoy this magical experience! It is such an exiciting process and for 10 lucky people, this will really be a dream come true. Good luck!:)

Cathy S. from Ohio
2009 Walt Disney World Moms Panel
twitter: @disneymomcathy

There's been several people mentioning "buzzwords", and while I can't claim any special knowledge, I'm curious to see what an "acceptable" application looks like.

I honestly thought all 3 years of my submissions were unique and conveyed my passion and expertise. Since I've been passed over and deemed a loser all 3 years, I need to figure out what I could possibly be doing wrong.

So if you feel so inclined, I'd really appreciate your posting that info so I can better myself.

Thanks.

I'm sure your applications were stellar. You're not a loser. As others have said, think of the odds of getting through to round 2.

I know exactly how you feel, though. This is my third time and I've never advanced. And I'm a writer! The first time my answers were about as magical as I could make them - and I was truly crushed (even though I know it wasn't logical to feel that way!) Last year I wrote off the cuff, sent them in and came up empty again. This year I was somewhere in between, off the cuff and from the heart - I know I used words like "pixie dust" "on property" and "laughing place" - if those buzzwords were against me, oh well.:confused3So I understand your frustration about wanting to know what it is the panel judges are looking for.

I agree with other posters though, we could talk ourselves blue trying to figure it out. With the amount of applications they must have received there had to be some selection process. (I used to think maybe they just threw them all up in the air and picked out random ones, lol)

Maybe demographics, etc did come into play. (but that's not to diminish the people who did make it through to round 2 - you should be proud!!)

Not sure if I'll qualify for next year either. My DH is not as crazy about Disney as I am and wants to take a break :scared1: We'll see about that!

Again, good luck to those who are advancing!!:cheer2:

This is my first year applying and I have to say that I am disappointed in the process more than not getting accepted. The chances of getting to the second round was astronomical at best and I hand it to the people who passed..they must really have the right stuff. The way it all went down this morning/afternoon was the disappointing part. The back door answers, prior to the emails going out, just seems very un-Disney like and I am sad to see so many people crushed due to this process. I hope the following year that the process is cleaned up so that so many people don't get their hopes up only to have them dashed.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing how the process pans out.

I'm sure your applications were stellar. You're not a loser. As others have said, think of the odds of getting through to round 2.

I know exactly how you feel, though. This is my third time and I've never advanced. And I'm a writer! The first time my answers were about as magical as I could make them - and I was truly crushed (even though I know it wasn't logical to feel that way!) Last year I wrote off the cuff, sent them in and came up empty again. This year I was somewhere in between, off the cuff and from the heart - I know I used words like "pixie dust" "on property" and "laughing place" - if those buzzwords were against me, oh well.:confused3So I understand your frustration about wanting to know what it is the panel judges are looking for.

I agree with other posters though, we could talk ourselves blue trying to figure it out. With the amount of applications they must have received there had to be some selection process. (I used to think maybe they just threw them all up in the air and picked out random ones, lol)

Maybe demographics, etc did come into play. (but that's not to diminish the people who did make it through to round 2 - you should be proud!!)

Not sure if I'll qualify for next year either. My DH is not as crazy about Disney as I am and wants to take a break :scared1: We'll see about that!

Again, good luck to those who are advancing!!:cheer2:

Yep -- I am also a writer -- and was on my third try. Last year, I went so far as to answer all my questions to the tune of a Classic Disney song! I re-wrote the lyrics to be my answer to the questions. I thought for sure that would catch enough attention to make it to round2. NOPE! So, this year -- I got as passionate as possible, threw in all the most magical Disney words I know and still......NADA

I've had my cry, I admit it -- I'm OK now and rooting for those progressing.....

For those who didn't make it to the next round, please remember what I always say - you're still special! I hope you all continue to follow the adventures and give it another try next year!

And for those who made it to the next round - best of luck to you! :wizard: Enjoy your moment!

I love a mystery and can't wait to see how this all pans out!

I'll be in WDW on Friday, so I can't complain!

I posted this on the new thread, but Congrats to those who made it! It was fun waiting with you :yay:

I just want to start out by saying that this is not sour grapes at all....I am truly so very happy for the fellow Disers who are moving on. :hug: This is more about a feeling I have. WDW is truly my happy place. This news makes me sad and now I associate that with WDW. This happened last year after I made it to round 2 and then no further. In order for me to not be in this funk, I think I will not be applying next year. I know in my heart how qualified I am for the panel. I also know being chosen is like picking out a needle in a haystack. Nonetheless, I am disappointed that my personality and expertise just doesn't come across in three 100 word answers. I wish we all knew what they were looking for in the first round.....blogging? Twittering? I do none of that, but I still use technology daily to keep me current in my WDW expertise! I don't want to feel down on Disney, but it does make me think about the "other world" that is out there to see.....so many other places where I should be having my kids visit. WDW will always be such a special place in my heart.....been visiting since the age of 3. I know we will always go. Maybe this is a call to expand our horizons. I mean this in a positive way....that can only be a good thing.
And whether some of us "went in the back door" or not, it should not have congratulated everyone who went to the recruiting page today if that was not the case. I had this page on my "favorites" and have been checking it.....a big glitch IMHO.
So anyway, I just wanted to say how proud I am for our fellow Disers. I hope we have a Disboards filled panel this year. I just KNOW you will do us proud. :grouphug:

I agree with so much of what WoodysRoundup said. This was my third year applying, and I have never made it to round two. That said, I let myself get a bit excited this year, thinking of the possibility of moving on to round two. Instead, I am very sad about not moving on. I am on this board, and others, multiple times a day. While waiting the last 3 days, I have helped two families plan their WDW vacations, because I love to do that! WDW is my thing, not something I do because my kids are interested or because of my DH. It is what I do for ME. (How many of us can relate to that?) I have the original consolation MMC magnet on my car, though it has seen better days. I immediately checked out the MMC website that first year. But, I have to admit, I rarely visit it. There is no information there that is news to me, I already have that knowledge of WDW. So, I really get nothing out of it. I can't drop everything to go to a one time MMC event at Epcot. That's a 10 hour drive for me.

I am thrilled for those Dissers who made it on to the next round. I hope you all go all the way to the end. I'm just not sure I'll apply again next year.

I am out, 2nd year in a row. I will however be cheering :cheer2: everyone on who made it to round 2 and beyond. And to those of us who didn't, here is a great big hug for you :grouphug:! Good luck everyone and now back to planning our December 5-12 trip to the World as my consolation prize.

PS - I'm moving over to the other thread now
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33934472#post33934472
I'll be there at the same time that you will be. :) This is my third year applying. I keep telling myself that I will eventually make it to at least the second round. :goodvibes

I just want to start out by saying that this is not sour grapes at all....I am truly so very happy for the fellow Disers who are moving on. :hug: This is more about a feeling I have. WDW is truly my happy place. This news makes me sad and now I associate that with WDW. This happened last year after I made it to round 2 and then no further. In order for me to not be in this funk, I think I will not be applying next year. I know in my heart how qualified I am for the panel. I also know being chosen is like picking out a needle in a haystack. Nonetheless, I am disappointed that my personality and expertise just doesn't come across in three 100 word answers. I wish we all knew what they were looking for in the first round.....blogging? Twittering? I do none of that, but I still use technology daily to keep me current in my WDW expertise! I don't want to feel down on Disney, but it does make me think about the "other world" that is out there to see.....so many other places where I should be having my kids visit. WDW will always be such a special place in my heart.....been visiting since the age of 3. I know we will always go. Maybe this is a call to expand our horizons. I mean this in a positive way....that can only be a good thing.
And whether some of us "went in the back door" or not, it should not have congratulated everyone who went to the recruiting page today if that was not the case. I had this page on my "favorites" and have been checking it.....a big glitch IMHO.
So anyway, I just wanted to say how proud I am for our fellow Disers. I hope we have a Disboards filled panel this year. I just KNOW you will do us proud. :grouphug:

:hug: I'm sorry you feel that way. I've tried all three years and have never made it past the first round.:sad1: I plan all of my family's trips, all of my extended family's trips, friends and coworkers know that they can come to me for tips, hints, and planning advice (they are immediatly warned that I will babble once started). I don't have a blog (have too many forums that I belong too to keep up with a blog), don't Twitter (don't need to know or share that much) but I do know my Disney. I'll keep applying until they discontinue picking for the MMC this way because of that small teeny-tiny chance that I might make it.:thumbsup2

Again, congrats to all. Although I'm bummed I didn't make it, seeing how we already had a trip planned with my parents (their first time at WDW ever) for those dates, this works out better.

Of course, if any of you who made it through decide you really DON'T want to do this, I'll be more than happy to take your spot :laughing:

For those of you who make it through to the panel, don't be surprised if you see me stalking you those dates in December! :upsidedow

Again- congrats to all who made it to round. Best of luck!

The only thing keeping me motivated right now is the fact that I will be in MK on Saturday and spending the day with my family making more memories, laughing and enjoying our day there. Disney always holds a special place in heart. I'll just try again next year. We'll get through it! However, I do agree that the "back door" was very undisneylike. Notifications should have only been sent through email. Once word was out on the "back door" , then tried to get in, many were crushed, making it more hurtful...
On a lighter side...I still want to congratulate all the 2nd rounders! I will still be cheering you on. Keep us posted through your magical journey!

I know I am crazy but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was actually secretly praying I would not make it. :rolleyes:

I did not realize the dates involved with the selections and interviews when I applied. When I found out, I was panicked! We have a trip in 11 days. And while I would love to be on the Mom's panel....I love being at Disney more and I was worried that I would not be able to focus on our trip. Now I can relax! :woohoo:

Congrats again to everyone who did make it!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter