MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

I have to believe that second round people were randomly selected or picked simply based on some other demographic (so many of a certain age, geographical location, etc.) and that they use the second round to actually examine the answers. So, if you didn't make it this year, don't take that as an indication that you don't know your Disney ... just try again next year and maybe you'll get the chance to show Mickey that you know your stuff!

Hi Disney Dad!

Ya know, I like that theory! I mean after weeding out the obvious bad apps, I can accept the idea that some demographics were used to do a selection down to a workable number. I have a bit of experience in related matters and this does make sense. I have no idea if they did do this, but it is a good theory!

:)

Jud

I wish that were the case, but that actually makes me feel worse about not getting selected ;) I have a blog, in fact if you search for "Disney Moms Panel" on google, my site is the first result. That did not help my chances any...in fact I'm wondering if I blabbed TOO much about it this year.

I wish nothing but the best for those chosen, but as others have said, it is really hard to know what else you could've done to be chosen...

I noticed that too. I think those of us that were not chosen could sit here all day & drive ourselves crazy with this! :confused3

Like someone else said(sorry..too many pages to remember!lol), they only took between 150-200 apps. There are quite a few of us that practically *live* at the parks (we average a trip every other week, if not weekly). We eat, sleep & breathe Disney. But, they can only take 10 total. That just means we still have a shot at next year. :woohoo:

I am upset, but excited to be a part of the Mickey Mom's Club. :banana: I hope they do another fireworks party or something..because I will be there!!!!

So, for those of us that didn't make it, cheer up..because we can still enjoy Disney & try again next year. :hug: I personally plan to make this a learning year to learn as much as I can about the parks & resorts...there is so much to learn out there!! :teacher:

For those of you that did move on...ROCK ON! :cheer2: Do your best & can't wait to see who moves on to round 3! Just remember us back here when y'all are big & famous..lol pixiedust:

and, btw...a secret little part of me keeps hoping that maybe my email is just in some sort of a delay..cuz my inbox hasn't had *anything* since 5am!! :lmao:

I am really happy for all those who made it to Round 2.

That being said, I cannot help myself from being disappointed. I made it to Round 2 last year and I honestly thought that I did a better job on the essay questions this go around. I suppose it didn't help that my husband kept saying I was a shoe in. Bless his heart :)

My self analysis tells me question 3 is where I could have done better. I took a different spin on it, sort of out of the box and I am thinking that was not a good idea. :confused:

I have the same feelings I did last year. Initial disappointment and then moving on. It will be fun to watch the process to the end, just not as MUCH fun since I'm not in it, lol.:laughing:

HELP!!!!! :eek:

OKAY.....I AM SO CONFUSED!!! I WENT TO THE LOG IN TO THE MMP SITE A FEW HOURS AGO AND IT CONGRATULATED ME ABOUT MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ROUND. I HAD TO LEAVE FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND JUST GOT BACK. I JUST TRIED TO LOG IN AND IT SAID THAT MY EMAIL AND USERNAME DOES NOT MATCH WITH THEIR DATABASE OF ACCEPTED APPLICANTS.

CAN ANYONE (Past Panelists?) SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS??? OH NO!
:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

HELP! (THANK YOU)!!! :confused:

Did yoou get an email? Seems like they have now gone out and I would only rely on that as the notification that you have advanced. Hoping the email is there for you :wizard:

I wish that were the case, but that actually makes me feel worse about not getting selected ;) I have a blog, in fact if you search for "Disney Moms Panel" on google, my site is the first result. That did not help my chances any...in fact I'm wondering if I blabbed TOO much about it this year.

I wish nothing but the best for those chosen, but as others have said, it is really hard to know what else you could've done to be chosen...

Awwww... Zanna! I would have picked ya!

Jud

OKAY.....I AM SO CONFUSED!!! I WENT TO THE LOG IN TO THE MMP SITE A FEW HOURS AGO AND IT CONGRATULATED ME ABOUT MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ROUND. I HAD TO LEAVE FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND JUST GOT BACK. I JUST TRIED TO LOG IN AND IT SAID THAT MY EMAIL AND USERNAME DOES NOT MATCH WITH THEIR DATABASE OF ACCEPTED APPLICANTS.

It is confusing!
It seems when everyone goes to the site it initially congratulates you but if you have been chosen to go to ROUND TWO, when you try to log in it will send you to the next round of questions.

Have you checked your email. Emails seem to have been sent out. Also did you every see the second round questions?

I hope you get good news!

Oh no. Hugs your way!!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Did you get the email? The emails ARE going out now...I think many people have received them!

I am upset, but excited to be a part of the Mickey Mom's Club. :banana: I hope they do another fireworks party or something..because I will be there!!!

Ohhhhhh! Hey! Another party like the one for Illuminations recently??? I would be very happy with that!!!

and, btw...a secret little part of me keeps hoping that maybe my email is just in some sort of a delay..cuz my inbox hasn't had *anything* since 5am!! :lmao:

LOL! Never give up! Never surrender!

Jud

Can anyone please post the second set of questions for the essays? I am curious as to what I WOULD have written for them! thanks!

It is confusing!
It seems when everyone goes to the site it initially congratulates you but if you have been chosen to go to ROUND TWO, when you try to log in it will send you to the next round of questions.

Have you checked your email. Emails seem to have been sent out. Also did you every see the second round questions?

I hope you get good news!

NOPE, NO email! So this happened to everyone who visited the login page earlier today? It told everyone they moved on to the next round? That seems like a big problem in this process. If they're stressing technical experience as being a factor for candidates, that's a really big misleading blooper for them to make.

From the bottom of my heart, I am very happy for all of you who are moving along. I wish you only the best and know you will do the Dis proud. :)

Not sure if any of the successful candidates for Round 2 will post their answers from this year, but some of the successful candidates from the 1st two years did so on this thread (or more accurately, its predecessors) both last year and in 2007.

I was actually very relieved to read the answers those incredibly generous people posted. Because it helped me realize that while the successful Panelists did have very good answers, quite honestly, they were not all that different from mine, or I am sure many other people's answers. (And I mean that with the highest respect to all the successful Panelists and 2nd rounders!;))

Having a passion for Disney, and a love of helping others plan trips to Disney is not unique. You just have to come to the Disboards to see that!:goodvibes
Plus, I think there is a great number of us who, when asked to write 3 essays about Disney can do a great job on their answers, especially when a spot on the Moms Panel is at stake!

The task of narrowing down the successful candidates is likely FAR more difficult than we can envision. I think there are far more people submitting top-notch, high quality answers and conveying a sense of passion for Disney than we might expect!;)

I think they haven't sent out all 200 yet, right ??!!

Well, I wonder how they checked if you qualified sicne there were things you had to have done. One was to have to have been to the parks within the last 12 months. My disney profile (on thier website) showed me as having been there last in 2007. I updated it today Since I bought DVC, none of my trips show up in my profile anymore so I hope that didn't affect my app at all.

Well, I wonder how they checked if you qualified sicne there were things you had to have done. One was to have to have been to the parks within the last 12 months. My disney profile (on thier website) showed me as having been there last in 2007. I updated it today Since I bought DVC, none of my trips show up in my profile anymore so I hope that didn't affect my app at all.

Can anyone please post the second set of questions for the essays? I am curious as to what I WOULD have written for them! thanks!

Donna, This is copied from Melissa's earlier post. I can't find the other post where someone posted the entire letter.

Originally Posted by missy28
Questions are:

1. In 100 words or less, please tell us what family and/or cultural milestones/special moments have you celebrated at Walt Disney World?

2. In 100 words or less, please tell us how you have helped others plan their Walt disney World vacations?

3. In 100 words or less, tell us how comfortable you are working online and via a computer?

And then you have to uplaod a photo of yourself.

Have fun answering them! :goodvibes

NOPE, NO email! So this happened to everyone who visited the login page earlier today? It told everyone they moved on to the next round? That seems like a big problem in this process. If they're stressing technical experience as being a factor for candidates, that's a really big misleading blooper for them to make.

From the bottom of my heart, I am very happy for all of you who are moving along. I wish you only the best and know you will do the Dis proud. :)

Oh...I am so sorry. :sad1:

That has to be MUCH worse than not getting picked at all...thinking you did. :sad1:

I am so sorry!

I don't think Disney anticipated us finding that "back door" to the website. We were never designed to ever see that, unless we followed the link in the email that was sent.

:grouphug:

Well no email for me so I guess I am out! Boo Hoo:sad2:. I will be cheering on:cheer2: all of you 2nd and 3rd rounders. Good luck with lots of pixiedust:.

Heather

This is a good question.

Do they take your word for it that you've been there in the last 12 months? Or is keeping your profile up-to-date a metric that they use in "weeding people out" who haven't visited in the last 12 months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter