MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

To those of you asking about first round answers, I unfortunately didn't save mine-- I wrote completely off the cuff and sent them.

I saved mine because I typed them in Word so I could use the word count function and edit without worrying if I had a web problem. That's the only reason mine were saved. It sounded like a group of people did that so I'm hoping someone will post or PM me.

Congrats all!

Because I really hate giving up... Did anyone who visited the site earlier and got the "We're sorry, but we cannot validate your login against our database of approved applicants" get the email?

Jess

Congrats to all who made it to Round 2! I will be following you on your grand adventures and wishing you all the best of luck:yay:

Jud--

Not sure what my post count has to do with it...that's over a span of 9 years or so...

In re-reading my initial request, I think I might have been unclear. I have never moved into the 2nd round.

I'd like to see what those who have moved to a 2nd round wrote in their first round. I honestly thought I did a good job, but I'm obviously deluding myself. There's got to be a logical reason why I'm not moving forward and maybe I just need to see what has been accepted to receive a lightbulb moment as to what I need to work on for next time.

Don't feel bad! You are NOT deluding yourself. You have to think about the odds here. They were going to take up to 20,000. We do not know if they reached that, but I am sure they got close. Lets just say for arguments sake they had around....15,000 applications. If only 200 move onto the second round, then that leaves 14,800 who did not! If they did indeed reach 20,000, then that leaves 19,800 who did not make it! Please do not think your answers were not good enough!:flower3:

So crushed, I didn't make it this year. Last year I made it to round 2, looks like I am moving backwards :sad2:.

To all of you who did make it into round 2, best of luck and I can't wait to see who makes it to the final round.

These are my thoughts exactly! it is hard to know what they're looking for. I know my spelling and grammar were perfect as I'm a stickler for both and I know I'm more than qualified Disney-wise as we all are. Hard to know what they're looking for. There was talk last year of it possibly being a lottery in the first round but I doubt that too. I will be there anyways that first week; will keep my eyes open for you guys!

Good Luck on the next round; I will be following the threads, just not as often. We have some future panelists here!

I have to believe that second round people were randomly selected or picked simply based on some other demographic (so many of a certain age, geographical location, etc.) and that they use the second round to actually examine the answers. So, if you didn't make it this year, don't take that as an indication that you don't know your Disney ... just try again next year and maybe you'll get the chance to show Mickey that you know your stuff!

NO WAY!! DH and I are taking the kids on a surprise trip, they won't find out until we are ready to head to the airport!! We hope to surprise them with a limo ride, a fun memory from DD's MAW trip. :goodvibes I don't think we'll be able to make it to GKTW on this short trip though. :sad1:

Is your trip GKTW related, or just fun in the World??

Really!!

There is a conference for families dealing with mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) and I am going with a family from my church. Rachel has MPS, is 21 and certainly qualifies for a wish. But she is too old to get one now. This will probably be their last vacation together as a family, as she is getting a lot worse. We almost lost her in August, but she has made a great recovery and we are looking forward to December!

We are staying at the AKL Savannah View and absolutely can't wait!!

I don't know of many wish kids that will be there during those exact dates yet...but it is still early for some to get dates! (Although, we are getting toward the 2 months out mark!) :yay:

A common thread that I am seeing is that many have Blogs of one kind or another.
Let's see Laura was at a Blogging convention in Atlanta ........hmmmmmmm?

I wrote my entry this year off the cuff and while recovering from 2 kidney surgeries! :lmao: I suspect the pain killers I was on had something to do with the one misspelling that I later saw! I really do know how to spell "parents"!:rotfl:

To those of you asking about first round answers, I unfortunately didn't save mine-- I wrote completely off the cuff and sent them. I had a good reason, though, to do it that way- I'm a prosecutor, and was due in court at 9 that morning. I had my colleague covering for me, but had to get there asap, so I waited til 9 when applications opened, and then sat at my desk and answered them as best I could, from my heart and then just hit the send button. So, maybe the answer is to not over think it? I don't know. I'm thinking I may just be lucky.

But I'll be spending a good deal more time on round two, I can promise you that!

I did the exact same thing. I don't have my first round answers from either year because I just wrote them the moment the application went up and sent it off.

I also will be spending more time on this round.

I also wonder if cutting and pasting had anything to do with it for some people? It seems some people have mentioned that.:confused3

I am really happy for all those who made it to Round 2.

That being said, I cannot help myself from being disappointed. I made it to Round 2 last year and I honestly thought that I did a better job on the essay questions this go around. I suppose it didn't help that my husband kept saying I was a shoe in. Bless his heart :)

Really!!

There is a conference for families dealing with mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) and I am going with a family from my church. Rachel has MPS, is 21 and certainly qualifies for a wish. But she is too old to get one now. This will probably be their last vacation together as a family, as she is getting a lot worse. We almost lost her in August, but she has made a great recovery and we are looking forward to December!

We are staying at the AKL Savannah View and absolutely can't wait!!

It really is a small world after all! ;)

Sending prayers for Rachel and her family. Hope this trip is full of magical memories! :hug:

We'll be staying at ASMo for the first time, DD (former wish kid) is a huge Toy Story fan so I know she'll love it and my other kids will also be crazy about the place! When you know your park plans, PM me and maybe we can share some Mickey Bars on Main Street!! :mickeybar:mickeybar

A common thread that I am seeing is that many have Blogs of one kind or another.
Let's see Laura was at a Blogging convention in Atlanta ........hmmmmmmm?

I wrote my entry this year off the cuff and while recovering from 2 kidney surgeries! :lmao: I suspect the pain killers I was on had something to do with the one misspelling that I later saw! I really do know how to spell "parents"!:rotfl:

I wish that were the case, but that actually makes me feel worse about not getting selected ;) I have a blog, in fact if you search for "Disney Moms Panel" on google, my site is the first result. That did not help my chances any...in fact I'm wondering if I blabbed TOO much about it this year.

I wish nothing but the best for those chosen, but as others have said, it is really hard to know what else you could've done to be chosen...

I made it to Round Two !!!!!! :yay:

Well done to everyone else who got there too. :thumbsup2

Sorry to anyone who is disappointed ..... :hug:

To those of you asking about first round answers, I unfortunately didn't save mine-- I wrote completely off the cuff and sent them. I had a good reason, though, to do it that way- I'm a prosecutor, and was due in court at 9 that morning. I had my colleague covering for me, but had to get there asap, so I waited til 9 when applications opened, and then sat at my desk and answered them as best I could, from my heart and then just hit the send button. So, maybe the answer is to not over think it? I don't know. I'm thinking I may just be lucky.

But I'll be spending a good deal more time on round two, I can promise you that!

Ah Missy!

Sure! Why use the method that already worked? hehehehee...

:)

Jud

It really is a small world after all! ;)

Sending prayers for Rachel and her family. Hope this trip is full of magical memories! :hug:

We'll be staying at ASMo for the first time, DD (former wish kid) is a huge Toy Story fan so I know she'll love it and my other kids will also be crazy about the place! When you know your park plans, PM me and maybe we can share some Mickey Bars on Main Street!! :mickeybar:mickeybar

Definitely!!!

Send me a PM now and I can send you the spreadsheet I made.

I can't send it right now because I am at my work computer, but I can send it and you can compare notes.

I will be with 6 other people...4 of whom have NEVER been to Disney. So it is going to be an adventure! :)

I wish that were the case, but that actually makes me feel worse about not getting selected ;) I have a blog, in fact if you search for "Disney Moms Panel" on google, my site is the first result. That did not help my chances any...in fact I'm wondering if I blabbed TOO much about it this year.

I wish nothing but the best for those chosen, but as others have said, it is really hard to know what else you could've done to be chosen...

Aw. :hug:

I just think the numbers are crazy high! Basically we each have a 1/100 chance of being chosen to move on. That is only 1%.

I don't think they even have time with 20,000 applications to read to really research any blogs? :cool2:

It is possible that they mentioned blogging in their answer and that caught Laura's attention...but maybe Laura was not one of the ones who read your particular application? Maybe it was someone else whose interest was mostly focused on eating in Disney or a particular resort? Maybe they just read with a different writing style? Who knows. But I don't envy the people that have to make those choices each year. :sad2:

I think it is relatively random...with some luck needed to move on.

Jud--

Not sure what my post count has to do with it...that's over a span of 9 years or so...

In re-reading my initial request, I think I might have been unclear. I have never moved into the 2nd round.

I'd like to see what those who have moved to a 2nd round wrote in their first round. I honestly thought I did a good job, but I'm obviously deluding myself. There's got to be a logical reason why I'm not moving forward and maybe I just need to see what has been accepted to receive a lightbulb moment as to what I need to work on for next time.

Hi Zulaya,

Was just funnin with ya! I did notice that much to my surprise, many I would have thought to have an edge via post count didn't make it. And many with low post counts did.

As to deluding yourself, I only applied in the first place because several people wrote me (including one MP) and suggested I should. I am sure there are at least another 5000 folks who could just as easily have been in round 2 as those skilled- and lucky ones- who are!

:)

Jud

HELP!!!!! :eek:

OKAY.....I AM SO CONFUSED!!! I WENT TO THE LOG IN TO THE MMP SITE A FEW HOURS AGO AND IT CONGRATULATED ME ABOUT MOVING ON TO THE NEXT ROUND. I HAD TO LEAVE FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND JUST GOT BACK. I JUST TRIED TO LOG IN AND IT SAID THAT MY EMAIL AND USERNAME DOES NOT MATCH WITH THEIR DATABASE OF ACCEPTED APPLICANTS.

CAN ANYONE (Past Panelists?) SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS??? OH NO!
:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

HELP! (THANK YOU)!!! :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter