MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

Goodnight everyone. We have to hear at some point right? Love the food thoughts, helped me work on my ADR's for our next trip. Here's to hoping they are not closed monday and we hear soon! More pixie dust to everyone!

Yes, really! Wear that Birthday Button, you never know what it will get you at Disney World!!!

I was wearing a birthday Button for Magic Kingdom and Epcot (same date!) and got a free desert at Momma Melrose's!

:)

Jud

Glad to hear you say that about the Wishes dessert buffet. Just booked to go Nov. 10, and wondered if it was worth the extra cost!:thumbsup2

It was so worth it!!! I tried for weeks to get it by calling in 2-3 times A DAY!! they never had any openings, and i was sure we were out of luck, but just in case, i stopped by that evening and asked at the podium, and a wonderful cm (Isabel) said they had a cancellation just a few minutes prior and could take us!! it was so exciting! they were ds's first fireworks, not to mention his first choc covered strawberry :) i was so full, and the view was perfect! you will def enjoy it, and dont worry if the desserts are running low, they NEVER stop refilling!

Good morning to everyone in the waiting room! :goodvibes

It's a cold but sunny fall day here! I have two pumpkin pies in the oven as we are having two families over to our house today. The house smells like autumn....:goodvibes the best smells, IMO! Still no news on the panel, but I get to help plan one family's first WDW trip today. It's a good day!!

Here are some thoughts while we all wait......I've been thinking that it's so difficult (the waiting) because it just adds to the days that we all continue to dream about being chosen this year... (and one less day we have to accept it if we don't move on)! :faint: Here's hoping we hear the good news very soon. I'm not discounting monday, but my uneducated guess is tuesday. I truly wish all of you qualified, passionate WDW experts lots of luck and virtual hugs as we move along. I know we all share such devotion to all things ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo!

Have a wonderful day! I have a busy two days coming up and will check in when I can. Maybe not watching the boiling pot will hurry the news along!:rotfl:

Good morning to everyone in the waiting room! :goodvibes

It's a cold but sunny fall day here! I have two pumpkin pies in the oven as we are having two families over to our house today. The house smells like autumn....:goodvibes the best smells, IMO! Still no news on the panel, but I get to help plan one family's first WDW trip today. It's a good day!!

Here are some thoughts while we all wait......I've been thinking that it's so difficult (the waiting) because it just adds to the days that we all continue to dream about being chosen this year... (and one less day we have to accept it if we don't move on)! :faint: Here's hoping we hear the good news very soon. I'm not discounting monday, but my uneducated guess is tuesday. I truly wish all of you qualified, passionate WDW experts lots of luck and virtual hugs as we move along. I know we all share such devotion to all things ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo!

Have a wonderful day! I have a busy two days coming up and will check in when I can. Maybe not watching the boiling pot will hurry the news along!:rotfl:

What a nice note to us all! I, too, have some busy days ahead, so as you said....maybe that will move things along (or at least seem like it).

Good Luck to all :grouphug: and have a great week no matter where the Moms Panel road takes each of us!:flower3:

Allison L

waiting along w/ the rest of you.... so I will get in on the food fun!

DD Mae, then 5 1/2 at H & V in the Studios wanted a glass of milk to drink w/ her lunch. We told her it was too hot to be drinking milk (this was June) and said she should have water. We comprised on ordering both and she drank both at the same time. 1 straw from each cup in her mouth...slurp :rotfl:

Have a magical Disney Day :wizard:

Cute story! I know you got a picture of that for your scrapbook!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Saw this tweet today...

@LauraSpencerOne Rushing thru some urgent Walt Disney World Moms Panel calls/emails so I can go see my sister Maria Bailey @momtalkradio give a presentation.

Ooh, so we're getting closer

I second the Chocolate Moose - WOW, even my husband loved it, and he is a picky pants. Just staring at the pic of it now, thinking about making it my screensaver...
Anyway, I had been trying to go to Le Cellier for about three years and missed out for various reasons. Our trip last week was fab, and although I got up at the crack of dawn to make ADR's, I still only managed to snag a Le Cellier lunch. But darn if I wasn't going to eat there, even if it was 10pm!! Totally worth all the drama, I thought. And my expectations were way up.:thumbsup2

The service was good, the food was yum, and the Victoria Gardens are really pretty. :flower3:

Yeah!! And you're right ... those gardens make a great backdrop for family photos.

It was so worth it!!! I tried for weeks to get it by calling in 2-3 times A DAY!! they never had any openings, and i was sure we were out of luck, but just in case, i stopped by that evening and asked at the podium, and a wonderful cm (Isabel) said they had a cancellation just a few minutes prior and could take us!! it was so exciting! they were ds's first fireworks, not to mention his first choc covered strawberry :) i was so full, and the view was perfect! you will def enjoy it, and dont worry if the desserts are running low, they NEVER stop refilling!

I'm hoping to do this next year -- if they still have it.

The Wishes Dessert Party was delicious! But even with having eaten at 4:30, we still were only able to eat one plate of desserts each! I would totally do it again though, everything I had was really good!

I better go start dinner...y'all are making me hungry! :goodvibes

Can we continue this thread under another name after the news? You guys are so much fun!

Buttons--we're usually there over our anniversary and I always get the buttons for DH and I. I have a DIS button made by one of the exchange ladies that I'll have on, too!

The Wishes Dessert Party was delicious! But even with having eaten at 4:30, we still were only able to eat one plate of desserts each! I would totally do it again though, everything I had was really good!

So what are some of the goodies at that party? I think it'd be hard to try them all but I sure would try! I could not eat all day in anticipation of all those sweets! These parties must make them work their pastry chefs overtime!

Thanks for the imput!:thumbsup2

And it’s not easy getting onto the panel. Literally thousands of applications submitted earlier this month are currently being reviewed to find 10 new panelists who will join the elite roster of “moms” who currently sit on The Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

Forgive me if this was already discussed...but I am playing catch up. This quote is from Laura Spencer at http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/disney-adding-new-moms-panelists/

Are they really only taking 10 for the Moms Panel?! That just makes it seem that much more impossible...and this weekend is taking WAY too long. I am so excited/nervous that I can't stop :surfweb: and jumping everytime a new email comes in. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and that we all hear one way or the other by Tuesday...do you think they would send them out on Columbus Day?

Lots of Pixie Dust to all!!!
pixiedust::

Are they really only taking 10 for the Moms Panel?! That just makes it seem that much more impossible...and this weekend is taking WAY too long. I am so excited/nervous that I can't stop :surfweb: and jumping everytime a new email comes in. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and that we all hear one way or the other by Tuesday...do you think they would send them out on Columbus Day?

Lots of Pixie Dust to all!!!
pixiedust::

I seem to remember 10 being the number put out by them in either the MMC or in the application. Not sure which it was.

I am glad to know I am not the only obsessive one here who is still checking in over the course of the weekend. I really don't think it will be until Tuesday but you just never know!

Time for dinner. I made stuffed pork chops with a balsamic reduction. My DS is asking where his real dinner is! :sad2:

pixiedust:pixiedust: For all of us still checking in and holding on!

I had the opportunity to attend the "Wishes" Dessert Party at the end of July - it was awesome! If you can do it, go for it!

Had plenty of desserts - even AFTER I had dessert with dinner that night. :goodvibes

Took some pictures of the food - enjoy!

Here's to another week of <patiently> waiting for us all!

-Jim

i5r61x.jpg

11ae720.jpg

f40cx4.jpg

2upwfmr.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere they were taking 16 moms. I don't remember seeing anything about 10 except on this thread earlier. :confused:
Here's hoping emails go out tomorrow!

So what are some of the goodies at that party? I think it'd be hard to try them all but I sure would try! I could not eat all day in anticipation of all those sweets! These parties must make them work their pastry chefs overtime!

A better question would be "what don't they have?"
:goodvibes There was sooo much great stuff! Everything was mini, but there was lots of it! Cannolis, fruit tarts, regular fruit, cookies (okay, these were big), brownies, creme brûlée, mango smoothie things, I guess they call them shooters (I didn't like these, wayyy too sweet & fruity for me!), chocolate cheesecake, etc.

Here's our plates:

Lou (DBF):
100_0631.jpg

Mine:
100_0632.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere they were taking 16 moms. I don't remember seeing anything about 10 except on this thread earlier. :confused:
Here's hoping emails go out tomorrow!

I can't find where I read it, but 10 is the number I have been thinking. They took 12 on year one, 16 on year two and this year will be 10. I believe that they are going to carry over some of the current panel. One the official Mom's Panel page there are currently 20 shown as current panelist, four must be from year one that carried over to last year.

Sure like last years odds better than this year.:sad2:

WOW! There isn't a single one I'd turn down! Lots of variety and it looks like the size is just right. They all look great!

They are selecting 10 new mom's this year. The number was listed on the "about the panel" page that went along with the applications. It doesn't look like that page is available anymore...

I had the opportunity to attend the "Wishes" Dessert Party at the end of July - it was awesome! If you can do it, go for it!

Had plenty of desserts - even AFTER I had dessert with dinner that night. :goodvibes

Took some pictures of the food - enjoy!

Here's to another week of <patiently> waiting for us all!

-Jim

i5r61x.jpg

11ae720.jpg

f40cx4.jpg

2upwfmr.jpg

Oh my heavens!!!!!!!! I know what I will be dreaming about tonight!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter