MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

WOW! Can you blow some of the cool air over this way? But you can blow the rain somewhere else...we don't want any of that right now! lol :woohoo:

I'll try! Maybe you will get it in the next day or two!

Oh, I hope it comes this way soon...our city cleanup day (which was for tmrw) was just postponed because of 'inclement weather' headed our way...but it is hot out there right now! (89 degrees!)

That will make for such a nice lazy Saturday morning tmrw! No scout cleanup no soccer game...big breakfast :cloud9: (there I go with food again)

What part of LA are you in? NOLA? My dad was from NOLA. You are probably getting it next. It has been raining since the line moved through. So, maybe that is your inclement weather.

Just back from picking up DD. She said they had to make pictures with fall leaves at school today. I asked her about her picture and she said she made hidden Mickeys! Ah, the brainwashing is complete!

Yummmm! I love that stuff! It's so thick and creamy!

OT note here.... I am just north of Houston and a cold front just came through! YEA! We were in the 90's yesterday, 85 when I got to work this morning and now, it is 65! And raining of course! We've had such a brutual summer the cool weather is very welcome!

Ok I had to walk outside as soon as I read that. We did get alot of rain but it is not 65 where I am yet. I am on the other side of downtown. Hopefully it is headed my way. We could use some cooler weather.;)

oh, it is *always* about the food...and its lunch time here...so this really isn't helping...

my boys have been asking about root beer floats lately...so I finally found a good combination of ice cream and root beer: Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and A&W root beer = perfection!

Before we tried Barq's and Breyer's french vanilla and it was just not working for me...but this new combo is very dangerous! DH told me I not allowed to have it in the house all the time anymore! :rolleyes:

And speaking of lunch...I could so go for something from Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck's Express right now...popcorn::

Yes!!! Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and A&W is the ONLY way to make a root beer float!:yay:

Ok I had to walk outside as soon as I read that. We did get alot of rain but it is not 65 where I am yet. I am on the other side of downtown. Hopefully it is headed my way. We could use some cooler weather.;)

It's coming your way! I promise!

What part of town are you in? We are going to Kemah Boardwalk tomorrow night. My brothers are "inside the loopers" and my sister is in the Clear Lake area.

Just returned from 1&1/2 hours of errands I've neglected the past few days. Wouldn't you know that it is SLOW-POKE day on the roads. Don't they know I have to get back to checking and refreshing???
Oh well, at least I got my Mickey D's iced coffee and chocolate!:dance3:

OK, since the topic has rambled back around to food, I have a challenge for everyone:

Design your dream meal from WDW restaurants. Not the location, but a full meal that can be drawn from any WDW food locations. Salad/Soup/Appetizer, Entree and Dessert. I will give you mine to start:

I would start with the Beer Cheese Soup from Le Cellier in Epcot, followed by the Bangers & Mash from the Rose & Crown (with a Draft Boddingtons Ale to wash it down), and the S'mores from the 50's Prime Time Cafe at the Studios.

8 Zillion calories of yummy deliciousness!

So a friend asked on Facebook today about where to stay at Disney. Of course all sorts of people chimed in (her choices are AKL villas and WL villas). I really loved the guy who said she could stay at AKL and ride the monorail to every park. ROFL

Just returned from 1&1/2 hours of errands I've neglected the past few days. Wouldn't you know that it is SLOW-POKE day on the roads. Don't they know I have to get back to checking and refreshing???
Oh well, at least I got my Mickey D's iced coffee and chocolate!:dance3:

I just got back from getting a Mickey D's iced coffee too!! Need to find chocolate tho...maybe something from the Main Street Confectionary? :rotfl:

OK, since the topic has rambled back around to food, I have a challenge for everyone:

Design your dream meal from WDW restaurants. Not the location, but a full meal that can be drawn from any WDW food locations. Salad/Soup/Appetizer, Entree and Dessert. I will give you mine to start:

I would start with the Beer Cheese Soup from Le Cellier in Epcot, followed by the Bangers & Mash from the Rose & Crown (with a Draft Boddingtons Ale to wash it down), and the S'mores from the 50's Prime Time Cafe at the Studios.

Great idea!

Salad from Ohana
Mushroom Filet Mignon from Le Cellier
Chocolate Milkshake from the Ghiradelli Shop in Downtown Disney (not exactly glamorous, but it is fantastic!)

I've been following along for the last 24 hours and thought I'd stop lurking and just say hi.

This is the 1st year I've applied - we are always in Disney when this is announced. The first year, I believe it was closed by the time we got home, and last year, I didn't even bother to check, figuring it would be closed.

Now I'm joining you on pins and needles, hoping for an e-mail... :surfweb:

It's Jaime! The Celebrity!!!:goodvibes

Welcome to the waiting room!

Just back from picking up DD. She said they had to make pictures with fall leaves at school today. I asked her about her picture and she said she made hidden Mickeys! Ah, the brainwashing is complete!

Way to go!!

Mussels in butter sauce from Narcoosee (the only place I really eat mussels)

Filet Mignon and Pretzel Bread from Le Cellier

The fresh fruit juice (name escapes me) from Boma

Mint-chocolate ice cream sundae from Ghiradelli

:woohoo:

Ok, I've put off doing way too much this week. I'm resigning to the fact that it will have to be on Tuesday. It's Friday, Laura's in Atlanta at a blogging conference, it's a holiday weekend, and they wouldn't want to come into the office to a flood of email from round 2 canidates. That's just my guess, so I can now walk away & not keep obsessively checking here and my email. (I hope I'm wrong, & they really do come today though!)

:laughing: That's great! My DD looks for HMs in the "real" world all the time!

Kathy

Ooo. I like this one.

The Appetizer for 2 from Coral Reef - Seared Scallop, grilled Shrimp and Lobster Soup (Just for me of course :rotfl:)

Le Cellier - NY Strip steak with the potatoes au gratin

Boulangerie Patisserie - Caramel Souffle

Mmmmmm. Of course you would have to roll me from France out the front gate as I wouldn't be able to move but what a dream! :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Love it!

Design your dream meal from WDW restaurants. Not the location, but a full meal that can be drawn from any WDW food locations. Salad/Soup/Appetizer, Entree and Dessert. I will give you mine to start:!

App: Salad from LTT, Cheddar Bear Soup from Le Cellier
Entree: Pan Asian Noodles with Chicken from Kona or Chicken Parm. from Mama Melrose's
Dessert: No Way Jose from Beaches 'N Cream

Ok, I've put off doing way too much this week. I'm resigning to the fact that it will have to be on Tuesday. It's Friday, Laura's in Atlanta at a blogging conference, it's a holiday weekend, and they wouldn't want to come into the office to a flood of email from round 2 canidates. That's just my guess, so I can now walk away & not keep obsessively checking here and my email. (I hope I'm wrong, & they really do come today though!)

Not to be a downer, but that's also my feeling. Of course, I'm heading out now to pick up my boys and even though I think it will be next week... you can be sure I'll be right back at this computer the second I get in the house and set the boys up with a big snack. They'll think they did something great to get a nice treat. Little do they know I just want a minute of quiet time to catch up on all the new Dis pages. And see whether or not I got that special email or that one of you did.

Not that I believe it will happen today, though.. just hoping.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter