MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

ok...so I am back from MK (yes, just a short trip today)...has anyone received any news?

TTA has changed the soundtrack. The tone is sort of boring-ish...but they did add character voices thru out the ride (Stitch by Stitch's ride, Buzz by his ride, etc). That was a cute addition. Having 2 toddlers with me this afternoon, they got excited when they heard Buzz start talking :) But, the jokes are gone. RIP, Mr Tom Morrow :( lol

Oh! I like that! Maybe we should all make a vow to shout out for Tom Morrow as the TTA passes by the COP?

:)

Jud

Just a quick note. I checked my old e-mails (yes, I saved them all)

Last year the e-mail was at 4:20 pm for Round 2.
Found out about Round 3 on 10/23 in the afternoon.

The interviews were schedule for the last week in October.

Hope that helps some. :)

ok...so I am back from MK (yes, just a short trip today)...has anyone received any news?

TTA has changed the soundtrack. The tone is sort of boring-ish...but they did add character voices thru out the ride (Stitch by Stitch's ride, Buzz by his ride, etc). That was a cute addition. Having 2 toddlers with me this afternoon, they got excited when they heard Buzz start talking :) But, the jokes are gone. RIP, Mr Tom Morrow :( lol

:sad1: Awe...loved that part!!

A short trip to MK is better than none at all:)

Now...heading OUT for dinner.

Last year I got the Round 2 email on Tuesday 10/7 at 12:21pm

and

the sorry you didn't make it to Round 3 on Monday 10/27 at 1:31pm.

Okay...I am off to Girl's Night and a nice glass (or two) or wine. My iPhone will be ont he table next to me if the news comes tonight!

Good Luck everyone! :grouphug:

I too am now way past the chocolate, cookie dough, ice cream, potato chips, and popcorn stage. Once the kids are in bed, I'm breaking out my Margaritaville machine!:cool1:

Arg - I totally freaked out when I saw there were 10+ new pages in 5 hours, and I had nothing in my email. I skimmed everything, and saw nothing, so I'm back to breathing easy.

I have a feeling I'll be breaking out the popcorn too... and maybe some sugar cookies will get made tonight.

I know I said the email would make a nice birthday present, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

Alright ladies, I have been hanging in the background wondering and waiting and relying on THIS thread to tell me when to expect the news. Still no news. I keep trying hard to not think about it for an entire day. Third try for me. So I will join you all now in the waiting game on this thread!! If this goes on much longer I might go a little crazier than usual.

Is Cinderella at dinner? That's what I'm thinking. The foods not worth it. But then I remind myself it's the castle! :rotfl: I think I'm going to try it this time just to say I at at the castle! But only once! I'm not paying that on the next trip.

I am so saddened to hear that! Way back in 03 I 'discovered' that there was a retaurant in the castle, almost 30 years to the day that I first walked through it and wished there was something to do in the castle! Though at the time I had a hard and fast rule against eating in the theme parks (time and money!) I immediately asked to be seated and being a single, was easily accomadated. I figured even if it was $50 bucks, it would be worth it to eat in the castle! I spent about 45 minutes in the lobby, meeting the Princess and hearing as other Lords and Ladies were announced for dinner. A kind CM pointed out the hidden mice and other details in the great hall.

Then I was announced and led up the staircase to the magnificent dining hall and I was seated next to a leaded glass window overlooking Cinderella's Carosel! What could be more magical!

The menu came and I glanced over the prices and I was shocked! Prime rib for $16??? And it was the first time I had such at other than Durgin Park in Boston that was up to that standard! Delicious! The service and food and atmosphere was impeccable and the price was simply a very happy surprise! Over the next two years, I took two other parties there for lunch or dinner.

Now, all I hear about is so-so food and I see that it is a double dinner credit on the dining plan- which makes it about 75 bucks?

Oye!

:)

Jud

Oh, I am seriously beyond chips at this point. Raw cookie dough, anyone?
I'm am completely up for a log of raw cookie dough!!! My DH always laughs (and crumbles) that I'll buy a log of Nestle cookie dough, make maybe two dozen cookies from it and eat the rest. I think the log is supposed to make closer to 3-4 dozen. :)

Just took out some ice cream, then I'll make the pork chops!
That is a great order in which to make dinner!!

I just took a look back and the application said 'Applicants will be notified via email if they qualify the week of November 1, 2009.'
I would imagine that would be for the people that are being picked to be notified. If training is the first week of December I'm sure that they have to give the new MMC panelists time to get things in order so that they can travel. They might also have some paperwork to fill out prior to arriving. (just guessing)

May the fleas of one thousand camels infest your undergarments if you are wrong!
Oh my!!!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2: I almost gave myself a nasal enema with Dt. Mt. Dew!!

Just popping in to say hi, and I'm so glad I'm not the only obsessive e-mail checker! Don't think I have time to get thru this entire thread to see if it's been mentioned, but will there be any sort of official announcement of the end of round one? Or will we just need to keep googling and checking here for someone to share their good news? :cool1:And does anyone know how many applications they actually had this year? After spending some time hopping about online, I'm about convinced there's not much chance for me, since it's neither my second or third time entering PLUS I'm just new here, LOL!

I'm am completely up for a log of raw cookie dough!!! My DH always laughs (and crumbles) that I'll buy a log of Nestle cookie dough, make maybe two dozen cookies from it and eat the rest. I think the log is supposed to make closer to 3-4 dozen. :)

That is a great order in which to make dinner!!

I would imagine that would be for the people that are being picked to be notified. If training is the first week of December I'm sure that they have to give the new MMC panelists time to get things in order so that they can travel. They might also have some paperwork to fill out prior to arriving. (just guessing)

Oh my!!!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2: I almost gave myself a nasal enema with Dt. Mt. Dew!!

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao: nasal enema!!!!! that's a new one!!!!!:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Just popping in to say hi, and I'm so glad I'm not the only obsessive e-mail checker! Don't think I have time to get thru this entire thread to see if it's been mentioned, but will there be any sort of official announcement of the end of round one? Or will we just need to keep googling and checking here for someone to share their good news? :cool1:And does anyone know how many applications they actually had this year? After spending some time hopping about online, I'm about convinced there's not much chance for me, since it's neither my second or third time entering PLUS I'm just new here, LOL!

1st off, welcome! We're all anxiously waiting for round 2 hopefuls via email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter